[3.02] Retaliation, Binding, Irritating suppressing each other

Kaylon

Question

It's possible to have at the same time different effects which should trigger when you are hit (Binding from Binding Rope, Irritating from Lavender Wreath and Retaliation from Hiro's Mantle), however two of them are suppressed by the third. Is this intended or it is a bug?

9 answers to this question

in this https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/83186-class-build-the-backlash-beldam-melee-multiretaliation-cipher-tank/ topic, author says in first post what retaliations sources stacks with each other

Thread was created some time ago, but still these retaliations stacks, so I guess it was always intended to be like that  some get suppressed and some not 

but to be honest no idea why i.e  battle forged stacks with  Coat of Ill Payment and doesn't with hiro's mantle 

Edited by Gs11

Well, your answer has nothing to do with my question. 

PS. And by the way the retaliation from battle-forged stacks with retaliation from hiro's mantle...

Well, if  these rules and combinations  mentioned above  are just random set of effects... Question  and the issue  which You  raised in subject is: what is really intended effect for retaliations effects from diffrence sources?  Should  they all work simultaneously,just some of them or suprress each other?

Hey guys,

We are already aware of the issue and have bugs in for them. :)

Thanks a bunch!

How did they were determinate in first place? What effect should we looking for in this multiply retaliations matter ?

Edited by Gs11

Well, your answer has nothing to do with my question. 

PS. And by the way the retaliation from battle-forged stacks with retaliation from hiro's mantle...

Well, if  these rules and combinations  mentioned above  are just random set of effects... Question  and the issue  which You  raised in subject is: what is really intended effect for retaliations effects from diffrence sources?  Should  they all work simultaneously,just some of them or suprress each other?

Different effects should stack (Irritating, Binding and Retaliation are obviously different) - thus my question.

Then you come telling that stacking retalion is random, giving a bad example. In fact the rules are simple:

- the same effect doesn't stack if it comes from armor parts (ie anything but the weapon slots) - only one is active and the others are suppressed

- passive abilities and enchantments from weapons/shields stack with everything else

So retaliation from Garodh's Chorus, Coat of Ill Paiement or Hiro's Mantle won't stack with each other and only one will remain active. But the retaliation from Sura's Supper Plate will not be suppressed and will stack with the one from the armor.

Edited by Kaylon
  • Like 1

Yes these rules have their value, but  very often   with exceptions.

I checked again Hrio's Mantle  and indeed it works with Battle  Forged, my  mistake. I just confused couse  latest update  and  files changes with autohit effect. I guess something with patching, but after files  verification retalions sources(and stucking/non-stacking options)  seems to work fine.

However, every effect  like binding, irritating works the  same way  as retaliatons, if we're talkign about mechanics(effect on  meele hit). So even it's have diffrent effects still suppress each other and again we have to keep in mind these exceptions.

But since Aarik D confirmed, that it's NOT intended effect, we could hope for fix and unmake  "exceptions- or whatever called)  in this case.

Edited by Gs11