Looks boring. WW is vastly superior.

P.S. Don't compare the awesomesauce of SS to that crap piece of FF,

*puke*

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Has studio meddling ever turned a bad film into a good one?

Realistically, TV- or games, if they ever release non movie tie ins again- is where Star Wars would get genre shift and new approaches. SW movies are meant to do billion dollar box offices and shift hundreds of millions in merchandise, not challenge the viewer or give them anything other than exactly what they expected. TFA was perhaps the best example there could be, cobbled together from all the good bits of the previous movies rather than bringing the slightest bit of originality or risk. I enjoyed TFA well enough but it was utterly, utterly generic, formulaic and unchallenging and expecting anything else from a SW movie is not realistic.

Looks way better than Farce Unleashed.

Didn't you post that before? I'm getting a strange sense of deja vu...

Also I thought The Force Awakens was good even if it lacked Darth JarJar (the one true stealth Lord of the Sith).

• Like 1

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Have I skipped untold retellings or did I miss the critics retreat where they describe a female Jedi scavenger scum and a traitorous Stormtrooper's crisis of conscience as being utterly generic and formulaic? Not arguing, I'm just getting on in years and don't understand.   

All Stop. On Screen.

I have no idea whether reviewers/ professional critics said it was generic and formulaic, that's just how I found it. I'm not actually sure whether I've read a single review of TFA, since I saw it late and actively avoided spoilers. I certainly don't count things like having a female protojedi or black stormtrooper protagonist as being original though, I just don't care about such things. I could probably compose a list of what I thought was generic about it if wanted, but I'd really want to have seen it twice before doing so which I haven't done.

In any case I did like it well enough; I watched it for big explosions and cool fights, not for originality.

Is it Star Wars? Yes. No Skywalkers? Yes. OK, count me in.

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

What is gritty about this? The lead's smartassness?

Need to have a movie where the goood guys get cut to pieces severely.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Maybe that was why Empire was the best movie. for once the bad guy was actually dangerous. 

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I would guess that the good guys will die at the end, it's supposed to be a suicide mission.  Of course, they will probably find some way to make it a hollywood ending.  :p

I would guess that the good guys will die at the end, it's supposed to be a suicide mission.  Of course, they will probably find some way to make it a hollywood ending.   :p

"Many bothans died to bring us this information"

Of course, they will probably find some way to make it a hollywood ending.   :p

Oh you mean ruin it? No doubt!  :lol:

Edited by Guard Dog
  • Like 1

Thomas Sowell

That was for the second Death Star. This is the first.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

I would guess that the good guys will die at the end, it's supposed to be a suicide mission. Of course, they will probably find some way to make it a hollywood ending. :p

So...the black guy dies at the end. :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

That was for the second Death Star. This is the first.

Gotcha. That is why I like Empire the best. It was the only Star Wars movie... ever... that didn't involve destroying a "super weapon". You'd think the empire would have learned. 

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell

Point taken.  I just meant this movie seems to have less of the cartoon adventure vibe that infested the prequels (also Force Awakens to a certain degree) and more of the dirt and dust that we saw in the original trilogy.

• Like 1