My PoE Q&A Update 00 -- Keys And Things Starting Out

I will be posting all my PoE questions in this one thread and updating it as the need arises.

Just finished thinking I have cleaned out Raedric's Keep (killing him too) but picked up a Rusted Iron Cell Key.  I found one locked door but it seems to require a different specific key so I seem 'stuck' with both a key I have found no use for and a door that remains locked.  Specific help on this please?

While visiting but not completely exploring out Caed Nua I picked up a second Heavy Iron Key with no use for so far and would like to know if quest items once used successfully disappear from the quest inventory or are there 'bugs' or part of the game that keys once used stay locked in the quest inventory?

I've talked to a number of named npcs (not 'villagers') who go into a strange visitation mode seeing some past event described.  Will these all be revisited and represent new quests over time?

I've also found numerous iconed magnifying glasses describing objects all over the land.  Is that all they are or will they lead to future quests/story later on?

Is there a game stat or percentage somewhere showing how much exploring the whole game I'm covering?

I'm playing in Story Time.  Please don't concern yourselves here about spoiling the game around these questions.  I'd rather get straight answers then having to ask for more details.  Thanks.

Answers in bold.

I will be posting all my PoE questions in this one thread and updating it as the need arises.

Just finished thinking I have cleaned out Raedric's Keep (killing him too) but picked up a Rusted Iron Cell Key.  I found one locked door but it seems to require a different specific key so I seem 'stuck' with both a key I have found no use for and a door that remains locked.  Specific help on this please?

If the door is on the north east area, at the end of a hallway that has rooms filled with undead, that is opened from the other side with a mechanism. You get there from the upper floor Berath temple that has an exit on the east - north wall.

While visiting but not completely exploring out Caed Nua I picked up a second Heavy Iron Key with no use for so far and would like to know if quest items once used successfully disappear from the quest inventory or are there 'bugs' or part of the game that keys once used stay locked in the quest inventory?

Quest Items stay forever in your inventory.

I've talked to a number of named npcs (not 'villagers') who go into a strange visitation mode seeing some past event described.  Will these all be revisited and represent new quests over time?

These are characters made by the Kickstarter Backers. There are no quests involved with them

I've also found numerous iconed magnifying glasses describing objects all over the land.  Is that all they are or will they lead to future quests/story later on?

These are just extra info on objects. Purely for immersion and background info.

Is there a game stat or percentage somewhere showing how much exploring the whole game I'm covering?

I don't believe there is any stat like that.

I'm playing in Story Time.  Please don't concern yourselves here about spoiling the game around these questions.  I'd rather get straight answers then having to ask for more details.  Thanks.

Edited by KDubya

There isn't a completion percentage but you can gauge on the world map- there are around 30 marked locations you can travel to, with another 10 or 11 added by the White March expansion if you got that. Your level might be a good indicator as well; you get 12 levels in the base game and 16 with WM installed, you'll reach the cap before the end of the game but not that long before

Darn, I can't do what I hoped to do starting out with this topic...  Oh well.

So, new question...  In the Endless Paths of Od Nua, Level 5 there is a 'seal-like' door I can't open (can't find any means or hidden means to open).  It is a small room close to the center of the map.  What am I missing to get in please?  Thank you.

Thank you...  I leveled up and put it all into Mechanics in my PC and she immediately found the hidden wall switch.

Just for the record, it doesn't need to be your PC. AFAIK, middling mechanics on several characters is rather pointless; you only want one very dedicated to it.

My Deadfire mods
Out With The Good: The mod for tidying up your Deadfire combat tooltip.
Waukeen's Berth: Make all your basic purchases at Queen's Berth.
Carrying Voice: Wider chanter invocations.
Nemnok's Congregation: Lets all priests express their true faith.

Deadfire skill check catalogue right here!

At high level you want to have level thirteen mechanics. Even then you will not be able to disarm all traps, you need fourteen for that.

Without finding the gloves it'll take a lot of skill points and only Rogues can realistically get to level fourteen mechanics. A Rogue can start with level three mechanics at creation which drops the investment to 66 skill points, if its your MC you can get a quest talent that will drop it by 10 points to 55. This lets you take lots of other skills.

With starting level two mechanics MC you need 78 skill points, 66 with the quest talent

With starting level one mechanics you need 91 skill points, 78 with the quest talent.

At level 16 you have 90 skill points.