What are you playing right now?

Gorth

Don't know about doom but yeah Uncharted 4 hard  has some difficult encounters, but that's also because of the design. The combat set pieces are so few nad so much adventuring in between, that you can't really get into the combat enough when it's already over. Also in some encounters they just give you so much terrain to exploit for stealth take-downs that when you arrive to another encounter where you can't do any of that, you don't really know where to start or you start in the middle of the firefight and you can't hide anymore.

And the encounter i least like is the final boss battle. I mean, people complain about the prequels but at least there boss fights are just doing what you did the whole game. In u4 they just give you a brand new mechanic at the end of the game for some reason, and while on lower difficulties you can just smash through it, on hard and especially on crushing it becomes a chore. I even used slow motion cheat on crushing and it still was a chore.

True. One thing that also made the encounters difficult was that the enemies constantly try to flank you.

Edited by Katphood

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

I finished The Detail.  Pretty grim ending to a pretty grim game.  I maybe could have gotten a better ending with some different choices, but I don't metagame choice driven games to get the "best" ending, I make my choices and deal with the consequences.  I find the games more compelling that way.  Overall, I enjoyed the game.  Hopefully they do another season.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

The Last Remnant

the game is good overall but there is one thing about the battle system that i just can't stand: you can't give precise orders to your characters!

characters in this game enter battle in groups called unions with each union having up to 5 characters. the combined hp of the characters makes up the hp of the union and the union lives and dies as one (i.e if a character has 300hp and the total hp of the union he's in is 1000, even if enemies hit that character for 900 damage he will stay up as long as the union has hp left) but certain status effects can affect individual characters. the problem with the battle system though is that you can give generic orders to a union like "attack with magic" but you can't decide what action each character will perform. what's worse though, is that often you NEED a union to perform a specific task in it's turn (i.e use healing spells or items), the union has the action points/resources to perform it but the related command is not available, so the union ends up dead... and while there is reviving magic and items, there is no way to use them unless the game decides to allow it

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

The Last Remnant

the game is good overall but there is one thing about the battle system that i just can't stand: you can't give precise orders to your characters!

characters in this game enter battle in groups called unions with each union having up to 5 characters. the combined hp of the characters makes up the hp of the union and the union lives and dies as one (i.e if a character has 300hp and the total hp of the union he's in is 1000, even if enemies hit that character for 900 damage he will stay up as long as the union has hp left) but certain status effects can affect individual characters. the problem with the battle system though is that you can give generic orders to a union like "attack with magic" but you can't decide what action each character will perform. what's worse though, is that often you NEED a union to perform a specific task in it's turn (i.e use healing spells or items), the union has the action points/resources to perform it but the related command is not available, so the union ends up dead... and while there is reviving magic and items, there is no way to use them unless the game decides to allow it

Well, while you can't have specific characters always execute specific orders, you can sort of predict what a unit will do and in what order if you're familiar enough with the unit's composition, their chosen skills, and their loadout.  The problem with the game is that these things are not very well explained to you and the battle system is insanely complicated.  Then there is character progression which is easily the most confusing I have ever encountered in any game ever.  There are literally 15-20 page long online guides dedicated to attempting to explain the character progression system in the game.  Back when I played the game actively I spent many an hour trying to understand it.  I failed.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

And then you try to figure out how to trigger more complicated things like the Black Hole spell :)

edit:

here is a Last Remnant memory of mine:

:)

Edited by melkathi

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

i actually get how most of it works, the main issue is that i have a union at 50/1400hp and 130/130ap with 2 members capable of using healing magic and the last capable of using healing items and there is no heal option among the available orders. they are hurt, they have the means to heal but the game just decided that "nope, no heals for you this round because F.you"

the battle system is a slot machine inside a slot machine and it makes you roll a dice to see if you actually get to pull the lever of that slot machine

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

Yeah, I feel you. I don't know how often I had people down in unions, with every union having people able to revive, but nobody thinking it would be worth doing.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

ah Last revenant with it's faux tactics combat. The more i played it the less i was impressed by it's combat. By the end  of the game, i was just breezing through encounters as fast as i could, because otherwise i'd never finish.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Played through Stasis. All the reviews had me expecting a near GOTY Sci-Fi Horror. Well, it's no SOMA. It's just okay.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."