What are you playing right now?

Gorth

I still think DS3 is a lot easier than the games before.

So I finished my first playthrough of DS3. I took me 95 hours defeating all bosses and maxing out nearly all covenants, except for the Blue Sentinels/Blades of the Darkmoon. Summoning would take too long to get 30 Proof of a Concord Kept. I think the ratio of Way of Blue and Blue Sentinels/Blades of the Darkmoon players will never work well. If there would be at least another way to get those covenants reward (except for farming). Despit some minor flaws I really loved it. I'm looking forward to the DLC and can't wait to see FromSoftware next game.

Guys I'm thinking of starting on DS1 ?

But I'm not sure I have patience to keep going back every time I die?Is it worth....you guys all seem to like it?

Well, you will die a lot in the game. But there are severel bonfires in each area, which are checkpoints. So once you know the path to the boss, you can ignore most enemies and run to the boss area. I really think it's worth to stick to the game and not give up. It has unique storytelling and multiplayer, great bossfights and fantastic exploration. The level and world design in DS1 is simply brilliant. 

I have DS1 &2 on Steam .....okay so your view is just learn the game play

What class would you recommend for  a novice?

Make sure to install the DSfix 2.4. It's the only mod you really need and it's very easy to install (just copy&paste and editing a .ini file). In DS1 I like to start with the Pyromancer class. You get fire magic, a decent weapon and you can roll fast. My very basic recommendations would be learn to lock on enemies, learn to doge and roll, never put a level up into resistance, always level up attunement to at least 19 and take the Old Witch's Ring as your starting gift.

• Like 1

One method I used in the Souls games is that I would find a sweet spot for farming and I would level up whenever I felt weak. This way you can get back to some of the earlier areas of the game and explore with ease. Some bosses become pretty easy once you level up.

Edited by Katphood
  • Like 1

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

First impression of Battlefleet Gothic:

Nice graphics.

Unskippable cutscenes.

With voice acting having a "grimdark" filter thrown on top of cheesy dialogue.

Save after cutscene, load forces you to watch it again.

Only thing this game is missing is Central Bradford...

They spent much dollars into cutscenes.

You better watch em.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

One method I used in the Souls games is that I would find a sweet spot for farming and I would level up whenever I felt weak. This way you can get back to some of the earlier areas of the game and explore with ease. Some bosses become pretty easy once you level up.

Or you could just play a Knight, the equipment makes it the most overpowered starting class. Plus the fact that DS system means that there are few viable builds for every class (Vigor is best) 

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

More Spirits of Xanadu.  I gotta say, alternate reality 1983 is pretty rad.  I mean, Bruce Lee apparently didn't die under mysterious circumstances, which is a plus.  Also, now I don't think I'm time traveling any more...  maybe.  But I'm pretty sure I'm starting to lose my mind...  the character in the game, not me playing the game...  me losing my mind in real life is a completely separate issue not related in any way to this game. :-

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I wouldn't say DS3 is easier than DS1, at least in the first areas.

But then, it may be because I am playing with a mercenary. My brother started with a Knight and starting with a good shield seemed to make all the difference.

You get the Raw gem pretty early and you just infuse any random weapon you want and you've got easy mode for the first 2 areas.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

I still think DS3 is a lot easier than the games before.

So I finished my first playthrough of DS3. I took me 95 hours defeating all bosses and maxing out nearly all covenants, except for the Blue Sentinels/Blades of the Darkmoon. Summoning would take too long to get 30 Proof of a Concord Kept. I think the ratio of Way of Blue and Blue Sentinels/Blades of the Darkmoon players will never work well. If there would be at least another way to get those covenants reward (except for farming). Despit some minor flaws I really loved it. I'm looking forward to the DLC and can't wait to see FromSoftware next game.

Guys I'm thinking of starting on DS1 ?

But I'm not sure I have patience to keep going back every time I die?Is it worth....you guys all seem to like it?

Well, you will die a lot in the game. But there are severel bonfires in each area, which are checkpoints. So once you know the path to the boss, you can ignore most enemies and run to the boss area. I really think it's worth to stick to the game and not give up. It has unique storytelling and multiplayer, great bossfights and fantastic exploration. The level and world design in DS1 is simply brilliant.

I have DS1 &2 on Steam .....okay so your view is just learn the game play

What class would you recommend for a novice?

That really depends on you what is easier. For me it was very hard to play melee builds, because my r3flexes at my current age are not what they used to be decade ago, so I have gone for stealth with magic approach, and it worked for me pretty ok. Have not finished DS1 yet, becaues time, but I have finnished Demon's Souls 4 times that way and I am having Platinum Trophy for that game on PS3. Took me almost 800 deaths to achieve that and over hundred hours :-D

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

I hadn't played Fallout 4 since February. The new patches screw it up or what? I just took back the Castle and since then Preston keeps following me around even though I already have Piper with me and I told him to stay at the Castle.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

I've generally found DS3 somewhat harder than the rest. Part of that may be because of how magic now takes a "yuge" investment into it to become viable (particularly for my favoured agile Dex/Int/Faith spellsword build) but also because the Black Knight Halberd/Glaive is now only available 3/4 of the way through the game where in DS1 you could get it within 15 minutes (RNG willing) and a third through the game for DS2.

Edited by Agiel
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

The auto rifle and pulse rifles in Destiny's PvP suck.  I'm not even a fan of the scout rifles, but they're so much better in PvP simply because you don't have to shoot the enemy 10 times to kill them.  Two or three head shots and they're done, as opposed to empty a clip into an enemy with an auto rifle only to watch as he kills you in 2 shots.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Today is the day, when I have arrived at the end of a long road. I have today achieved Platinum Trophy for Star Ocean 4: The Last Hope International. The first time, I have started the game, was more than 5 years ago, in January 2011. To get all the trophies, I had to finish it on 4 different difficulties, and do 900 different battle tasks for all 9 characters, all in all it took me more than 750 hours of net gaming time. O.o

I enjoyed it most of the time, but unfortunately, the last playthrough on Chaos, when I was doing just the story mode, without doing any sidequests, showed me again the biggest flaw of the game. The main character :p... Edge Maverick is holier than the Pope, and sometimes highly annoying because of that :-/ But thankfully the game as a whole, is satisfactory and challenging, especially, when you go for the Battle Trophies and Optional Bosses. And that was the main reason, why I have decided in 2011, after finishing the game for the first time, that I have to get the Platinum on this one :p

• Like 1

Today is the day, when I have arrived at the end of a long road. I have today achieved Platinum Trophy for Star Ocean 4: The Last Hope International. The first time, I have started the game, was more than 5 years ago, in January 2011. To get all the trophies, I had to finish it on 4 different difficulties, and do 900 different battle tasks for all 9 characters, all in all it took me more than 750 hours of net gaming time. O.o

I enjoyed it most of the time, but unfortunately, the last playthrough on Chaos, when I was doing just the story mode, without doing any sidequests, showed me again the biggest flaw of the game. The main character :p... Edge Maverick is holier than the Pope, and sometimes highly annoying because of that :-/ But thankfully the game as a whole, is satisfactory and challenging, especially, when you go for the Battle Trophies and Optional Bosses. And that was the main reason, why I have decided in 2011, after finishing the game for the first time, that I have to get the Platinum on this one :p

You cray-cray.

• Like 1

To tell a little bit more about it, I played the game with "self-made story mode", where I was going only for boss battles and mandatory trash battles. Besides boss battles, I have picked up just chests and mining/harvesting nodes for Experience. I have finished the game after 40 battle. Few of them took more than 20 minutes. I think, the game can be completed with 37 battles, maybe 36, but I needed at second boss more experience, to make it little bit easier :) The hardest battle was battle against Kokabiel, because I have forgotten to give to my characters two crafted accessories and teaching them HP Bonus skills. After I noticed that, I have killed him on my first attempt :)

I can't wait to put my hands on the Star Ocean 5, which will be released in few months, and I hope it will be at least half as much fun as Star Ocean 4. But also hope, that the story will be better :p

We'll see about it, I am trying to avoid any spoilers (so far successfully) until I get my hands on it (unfortunattely, I'll be unable to play it before october, because I am waiting for the new PS4K model). I have Star Ocean 1 and 2 on PSP, and enjoyed them as well.

TBH, I am now disappointed, that there are no more Battle Trophies in the game :( It was nice fun to go for them ( well except Arumat's/Edge 30000 kills and -logy drops, these sucked ass :p ), it really made this game longlasting experience :-)

Edited by Mamoulian War

Played some more Dying Light - Enhanced Edition. Pretty damn awesome I must say. The only bad thing so far has been the story. The characters you meet in the game are pretty interesting and believable but the plot itself has been boring as hell so far.

Destiny's PvP mode makes me angry.  I don't think I recall a game whose MP bothered me as much as Destiny's does.  Maybe Halo.  Then again, I only played Halo a couple of times because of the fact you had to shoot enemies fifty times to kill them.

I don't understand how people find that fun.  Guns should kill.  If you get the drop on your opponent and shoot him first (or twice or three times), you should win.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Played some more Dying Light - Enhanced Edition. Pretty damn awesome I must say. The only bad thing so far has been the story. The characters you meet in the game are pretty interesting and believable but the plot itself has been boring as hell so far.

I'm quite glad you're enjoying it. Yeah, the story sucks, but ... it's a zombie game and at least the presentation of said story is decent enough. But honestly, if I have to choose between a game with absolutely stellar gameplay like Dying Light or excellent story like The Last of Us... Call me weird, but I'll go for Dying Light every time.

Edited by Fenixp
  • Like 1

I'm quite glad you're enjoying it. Yeah, the story sucks, but ... it's a zombie game and at least the presentation of said story is decent enough. But honestly, if I have to choose between a game with absolutely stellar gameplay like Dying Light or excellent story like The Last of Us... Call me weird, but I'll go for Dying Light every time.

Same here. Dying Light is a unique game. It focuses a lot on the world itself instead of focusing on a single story.