Not strictly an affliction, but Strike Hard (war hammer) causes Disorienting which lowers all enemies' defenses by 5 and works well with stunning. It also has speed - which is neat. An that's a rhyme - which is no crime... *mic drop*

• Like 2

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Not strictly an affliction, but Strike Hard (war hammer) causes Disorienting which lowers all enemies' defenses by 5 and works well with stunning. It also has speed - which is neat. An that's a rhyme - which is no crime... *mic drop*

Ah, that sounds great! Thanks.

Would Helwaxed Godansthunyrs be good? It'd increase the rate of stunning from auto-attacking and being a weapon the +1 Might stacks. What I don't know is how would the stunning interact with full attacks like Flames of Devotion? Would it result in a higher chance to stun?

That's also another idea.

Yes, since FoD has +20 ACC and gets +1 ACC per level it will lead to stuns more easily than auto-attacks.

What I meant was does the fact you're using two Stunning weapons increase the chances of Stunning an enemy, or would it work the same as if you were using Godansthunyrs in your main hand and Shatterstar in your off-hand?

• Like 1

Well - you'll have higher chances that stun because both swings have the chance to do it. So if you miss the first swing you'll still have the second.

So yes, it will increase the chance to stun. But I can't say how this compares to the -5 to deflection and fortitude. I guess it's better than disorienting - and the +2 MIG instead of +1 is also nice. I don't know if those small advantages justify the use of the Helwax Mold. ;)

• Like 1

Well - you'll have higher chances that stun because both swings have the chance to do it. So if you miss the first swing you'll still have the second.

So yes, it will increase the chance to stun. But I can't say how this compares to the -5 to deflection and fortitude. I guess it's better than disorienting - and the +2 MIG instead of +1 is also nice. I don't know if those small advantages justify the use of the Helwax Mold. ;)

Is totally justified if you are building a barbarian, for a paladin i think too tgat tge advantages are too marginal

• Like 2

Is totally justified if you are building a barbarian, for a paladin i think too tgat tge advantages are too marginal

Yeah, it's too bad that the Barbarian is the only melee who can perform weapon AoEs. But then, if that wasn't the Barbarian's niche, he'd have none...

Monk can do it as well with Torment's Reach. And if you have high INT the cone size is huge.

The cone of Torment's Reach is independent from weapon damage and has its own base damage (crush), but it works with all spell chances (x% to trigger spell on hit or crit) and also prone or stun on crit.

A great weapon combo for monks is Starcaller + Badgradr's Barricade. Since the low base damage of both doesn't matter for Torment's Reach but the high speed is beneficial, you can proc the stun and the Thrust of TV even more often, dealing tons of AoE crush damage in the process. In general bashing shields make sense with a monk with Torment's Reach - because of its unique properties. Low base damage doesn't matter as I said and bash gets +1 ACC per level.

Of course a second weapon would cause more damage, but the combo of higher survivability with nearly the same damage output is great.

A monk with shield can also get away with thinner armor, making up for the speed loss when auto-attacking a bit.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Monk can do it as well with Torment's Reach. And if you have high INT the cone size is huge.

The cone of Torment's Reach is independent from weapon damage and has its own base damage (crush), but it works with all spell chances (x% to trigger spell on hit or crit) and also prone or stun on crit.

A great weapon combo for monks is Starcaller + Badgradr's Barricade. Since the low base damage of both doesn't matter for Torment's Reach but the high speed is beneficial, you can proc the stun and the Thrust of TV even more often, dealing tons of AoE crush damage in the process. In general bashing shields make sense with a monk with Torment's Reach - because of its unique properties. Low base damage doesn't matter as I said and bash gets +1 ACC per level.

Of course a second weapon would cause more damage, but the combo of higher survivability with nearly the same damage output is great.

A monk with shield can also get away with thinner armor, making up for the speed loss when auto-attacking a bit.

Thanks for the info; I did not realize Monks have melee AoEs as well.

But I am not sure I'd like to play Monk. To begin with, I am not in favor of Monks in most RPGs, as they usually function best without armor and attacking unarmed - and this is very immersion-breaking and seems "gimmicky." Moreover, in this game, they even require to get hurt first in order to deal good damage - which seems to require even more micro-management! ;)

In this game monks are different. They don't need to be unarmed and they can wear any armor. Heavy armor is even better in the early game. Also using weapons instead of fists is better in the long run.

And any offensive char who operates in the front gets damaged. In this case you will get something out of it. Lovely!

I think there are some people here who agree with me that monks are the no.1 dedicated melee class. They just require more micro than the other melees because you put out "casts" all the time. So they play like a mixture of fighter and caster - somewhat comparable to melee cipher.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 2

In this game monks are different. They don't need to be unarmed and they can wear any armor. Heavy armor is even better in the early game. Also using weapons instead of fists is better in the long run.

And any offensive char who operates in the front gets damaged. In this case you will get something out of it. Lovely!

I think there are some people here who agree with me that monks are the no.1 dedicated melee class. They just require more micro than the other melees because you put out "casts" all the time. So they play like a mixture of fighter and caster - somewhat comparable to melee cipher.

I see. Hmmm, I may consider trying them at some point then!

• 8 months later...
  • 3 years later...

Hi! New to PoE so forgive my mundane question...

I love the idea of this build, looks exactly like the type of main character I want to build. The one hang up I have would be the disposition preferences of going Bleak Walker. From what I can tell, the only thing really effected by disposition is the Faith and Conviction buff, is this correct? If so, how big of a detriment would it be if my character ends up being predominantly diplomatic/benevolent?

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/17/2021 at 3:18 AM, dealdrick said:

how big of a detriment would it be if my character ends up being predominantly diplomatic/benevolent?

theres a talent you can take that nullify the negative side of it. and you can still play a non-evil BW, even without Diplomatic and Benevolent, theres still Honest (mostly good and lawful answers), Passionate (thats more good than evil), Rational/Stoic (those feel like the DnD Lawful and Neutrals), or even Clever (thats like chaotic neutral or just someone who doesnt really care the moral code, but still enjoys life without harming anyone)

• 5 months later...

Sorry to bring back an old thread. I'm playing through Poe1 again and decided to make this build. 

What is the recommendation for weapons leading to obtaining the listed items? Dual Sabres + Sword/Shield (Sabre + Shield from Gilded Vale)?

Regarding Disposition - does being Cruel/Aggressive bring any negative outcomes as far as dialogue choices go?

Who works as the main tank for this build? A companion like Eder, etc or a Hired Mercenary?

Trying to find builds for this game has been a pain even after spending sometime googling and on youtube.

Thanks for any information you can provide!