Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Modding the amount of adventurers for hire limit

modding pillars of eternity adventurers limit scripts editing

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

edjenoh

edjenoh

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 1 posts

Hi,

I want to change the limit for the amount of custom adventurers you can hire (currently set to 8 in vanilla).

I found the script that sets this value and I am able to read it with some free software that can decompile it, but I am unable to change the value and save or recompile the script to make the adjustment I want to make in game.

Is this at all possible? If so, how do I do it?

(PS: sorry if this is a noob question, I'm new to modding scripts)

Edited by edjenoh, 04 April 2016 - 12:21 PM.

Xaratas

Xaratas

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 901 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

I wouldn't take for granted that the save system is not going to mess things up, even if you found the Variable for not in party adventures.

blackstone777

blackstone777

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 14 posts

I have sucessfully increased the number of adventurers you can create and it works perfectly with current saved games without any issues.

First, download dnSpy - https://github.com/0xd4d/dnSpy
Scroll down to the "Binaries" list and download the latest release.
Extract the .zip to any folder and run dnspy.exe (64-bit) or dnspy-x86 (32-bit), on your OS.
My OS is 64-bit - so I use dnspy.exe

Next make backup copies of both Assembly-CSharp.dll and UnityEngine.dll - from wherever you installed PoE open "PillarsOfEternity_Data/Managed" or whichever folders were used during install.

Now, in dnSpy click "file" "open", find Assembly-CSharp.dll and also "open" UnityEngine.dll - wherever you installed PoE...
Open Assembly-CSharp.dll and scroll down and open "PartyMemberAI", then from the drop-down list find the "MaxAdventurers" entry.

JW8bvnTB_t.png

Right-click on "public static readonly int MaxAdventurers = 8" and select "Edit Class C#" and simply edit the number to your liking. I choose 19 to make a grand total of 30 characters.

Now, click "compile", the pop-up will auto-close when it is complete. Then exit dnSpy.
You will be asked to save the file and give it a name - do so. Done!

Replace your default Assembly-CSharp.dll with the new Assembly-CSharp.dll (you must rename it exactly as Assembly-CSharp.dll from whatever name you had saved your edited version as in dnSpy) - now start PoE.

Remember that tons of modding will always slow a game down so choose wisely based on your hardware capabilities.

I have had no issues with gameplay, sound, graphics, saves or slowdowns. Enjoy.

To my knowledge it does not break achievements -

Edited by blackstone777, 23 September 2018 - 01:50 PM.

blackstone777

blackstone777

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 14 posts

*Confirmed that this does not break achievements*

hcl

hcl

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 16 posts

*Confirmed that this does not break achievements*

the achievmentdependencies genereally can be removed in the code as well .. but yea.. renders achievments quite ad absurdum then ;)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: modding, pillars of eternity, adventurers, limit, scripts, editing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users