[PX2 3.02] Triggered Immunity prevents Monk from gaining wounds after expiring

AndreaColombo

Question

SAVED GAME: link

OUTPUT LOG: link

REPRO STEPS:

Load the attached saved game.

Observe that Zahua is wearing a fully unlocked Ryona's Breastplate, which grants Triggered Immunity 1/encounter.

Go ahead and enter combat against Llengrath and her goons.

After some pre-buffing (you need Zahua to survive long enough for Triggered Immunity to expire, and to be able to take damage afterward), send Zahua ahead against the dragons. They'll make Triggered Immunity go off in no time.

Spend Zahua's Wounds while you wait for the duration to expire on Triggered Immunity.

After Triggered Immunity has expired, observe that no damage dealt to Zahua increases his Wounds count.

Of course the desired behavior is for Zahua to keep gaining Wounds from damage after Triggered Immunity expires.

• Like 2

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

4 answers to this question

Hey Andrea,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. It turns out that the issue is Binding Rope. I tested the breastplate alone, and it was working as intended. Then I tried it with a combination of the items Zahua has equipped and it turns out that Binding Rope is causing the problem. I written up a report.

Thanks a bunch!

• Like 1

I'd just like to add to this post.  I don't think the issue is with Binding Rope.  My player character, a monk, has the same issue with a twist.  I have a fully unlocked Ryona's Breastplate and I noticed that after a Triggered Immunity proc I stopped gaining wounds.  I removed the Ryona's BP and used a different chest armor.  Triggered Immunity was still proccing on my character and I continued to stop gaining wounds after the proc.

I do not use Binding Rope on my character and I found it interesting that the proc seemed to stay on my character with the BP in my bag, not equipped.

Link to some screenshots, Output File, and Save Game.

Bump. Sking, was this ever fixed that you know of? If not, 3.04?

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus