A return to court quest - bug?

MR67

Question

*** Spoiler warning ***

I've just finished the bit in Defiance Bay where you have the hearing with Duc Aevar and he then gets assassinated by Thaos before the riots break out in the city and you have to flee.

All the districts of the city are now closed off to me at this point, and I still have that outstanding quest linked to the defence of your stronghold, where you have to go back to Brackenbury to speak to Chancellor Warrin at the Charred Barrel inn. Unfortunately I can't go back because the district is now closed off so I can't complete this quest, but it still shows up as an active quest in my journal. I assume you can't go back later in the game either as I had another quest in Ondra's Gift which I didn't do and I got a message saying that quest automatically failed.

So is the non-resolution of the unfinished "a return to court" quest a bug then?

7 answers to this question

No, the Wiki's wrong on that one; Nedyn and Kurren are both still alive in Act 3. They disappear during the riots, but come back later. Kurren even has some unique dialogue if you talk to him after you've been to Twin Elms.

Edited by fiddlesticks
  • Like 1

Are you sure they still give their quests though?

Someone specifically added a note to the wiki page for the quest The Final Act, saying that it becomes unavailable after the animancy hearings.

Also, what happens to the quest A Voice from the Past if Moedred (the guy with the locked chest in the basement of the Sanitarium) can no longer be reached?

Edited by Ineth

"Some ideas are so stupid that only an intellectual could believe them." -- attributed to George Orwell

Are you sure they still give their quests though?

Someone specifically added a note to the wiki page for the quest The Final Act, saying that it becomes unavailable after the animancy hearings.

It worked when I tested it back in 2.03. It's possible that they changed it, but I can't imagine why.

Also, what happens to the quest A Voice from the Past if Moedred (the guy with the locked chest in the basement of the Sanitarium) can no longer be reached?

You'll have to kill Helig if you want to resolve the quest. Which you should always do anyway. ;)

• Like 1

Thanks for feedback. folks......unfortunately, I have already deleted the saved game (playing on Trial of Iron), so will have to start a new game anyway! May wait until next patch though, owing to the bug with the missing character biography in the journal.....