bug in stronghold - minor spoiler

KillaKnight

Question

Minor bug in the stronghold.

I received a visitor called Solmar The Shackler (a slaver) who was asking for help to smuggle some Orlan slaves. I chose to execute him and send Hiravias to free the slaves.

I got the message “Solmar the Shackler was executed”.

Just a day later Solmar the Shackler arrived at the stronghold (the one who I just executed) and was asking to buy a prisoner (I’m holding Ailef as prisoner in the stronghold). I have a button “Release” and “Accept money”. Clicking on “Release” accomplishes nothing - the message and the button just stays as it is. I didn’t do anything and he left.

Couple of days later he arrived again asking for the same.

While he was still in the stronghold Hiravias returned from the mission. He managed to free many slaves and I got message that "Solmar The Shackler is quite furious" (the one I executed, but his resurrected persona was in the keep currently asking to buy prisoners).

7 answers to this question

Hi,

I just had this same bug where the slaver comes back despite me executing him. Just to note that although the log states the slaver came back and wants to buy a prisoner, he doesn't actually appear in the stronghold in my case.

I attached the save games before I talk to the slaver, when I have executed him and when he comes back again:

http://tyka.net/racepad/PoE/Pillars of Eternity_Slaver.zip

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Ed.

Edited by tygernoot

Hey (you bunch of inquisitive gamers)

This issue has been an on going battle for us. We will try and get a fix in before the 3.03 patch goes live but may not, due to how minor the issue is.

I got your backs

-Sking

Hi,

Thanks for the update. To be honest I don't really mind, probably better things to spend resources on. I just searched for this when I had the issue and found this thread, so thought I'd help out by posting my save games.

I suppose not a lot of people were evil enough to execute the guy, making this bug go unnoticed :)

I don't mean to necro,  well,  I do mean to,  but this bug still exists.   I executed the slaver, and when my agent returned freeing slaves,  it lists the slaver is furious...but he's swinging from a rope, how exactly is he furious?   KL6GbpR.jpg