Beta 3: forest location bug

Hannibal_PJV

Question

Story mode normal, no perma dead, 4 character party.

Kyra was is forest. Met monster without weapon. Did roll poorly and lose her hand. So far so good. The monster was not banished as it should have been, but it was sufled back to the location deck.

Sorry no picture because the monster was gone when this happened.

8 answers to this question

It could have been Ghost. Conflict between not having magical and forest location power.

Its is hard to reproduce. Shadow could do the same though, so have to try to fail, when next time in the forest and against some undead monster that needs magic to kill.

Edited by Hannibal_PJV

Ahhh, well Rat Swarm is an interesting thing. The text of the card reads,

"If you do not defeat the Rat Swarm by at least 4, shuffle it into the deck it came from."

So this is working correctly. On a roll of 8-11, the Rat Swarm is shuffled back into the deck before it can be banished.

I'm pretty okay with how the Rat Swarm works -- the card effect happens first, so that when the location effect tries to trigger, the card isn't there anymore. To me, this doesn't seem like an issue of priority because the timing of the effects is very clear.

Okay, I just checked out the text of the Rat Swarm and confirmed that the way it works with the Woods is 100% correct. The last line of text of the card says something to the effect of "this monster is still considered defeated." Thus, if you roll 8-11, it should definitely NOT be banished by the forest's location effect. It's possible that the first time you encountered this issue it was the Rat Swarm as well, in which case there is no bug. 

• Like 1