Temp Survival Resting Bonuses

Jojobobo

Question

So I noticed if you equip something like Jack of the Wide Waters (+2 survival) or use a + survival scroll then rest and take the max survival resting bonus you can, then you unequip Jack of the Wide Waters you still retain the same resting bonus even though you no longer have the requisite survival for that bonus.

Is this considered a bug or is this how it's supposed to work? I want to do a run without re-speccing my character, so I was trying to figure out how to allocate the 90 skill points before I start play - however if there's plans to patch this out in the near future then I won't use it as obviously then that would necessitate a restart/respec for the next patch.

3 answers to this question

Heya Jojobobo,

This is indeed the way it's intended to work. You can think of it as if the bonuses are from strategizing/preparing during the camp, so losing survival skill after you finish camping won't actually change what happened while you were camping.

Unless you mean that after removing the boots you can still pick the resting bonus the next time you camp. If that's the case then it's a bug =)

Thanks!

I try my very best.