Beta 3 Patch Notes

Mikey Dowling

Question

Hey everyone!

We're pushing out a new build this evening for you! Please note, if you're playing the iOS version, it may take a few hours before you receive a message from TestFlight letting you know a new build is available. Generally, when we post new builds, Android versions become available quickly and iOS builds require some processing on Apple's side before they become available, which usually takes several hours.

Please uninstall prior Beta versions of Pathfinder Adventures before installing Beta 3. If you do not do a clean install you will possibly find issues that normally would not be part of the build.

Thank you to all of you who have been posting your feedback here - we're sincerely appreciate it and the team has been discussing lots of different points that have been brought up, and some items mentioned have been addressed in this new build. Below are patch notes:

Beta 3 Fixes

New

UI
Forfeit button implemented.  Find it in the options menu.

Store
Apple products can make real-money purchases requiring a credit card number but they will NOT be charged
Treasure Chests: Bundle options now available
Characters: Character Bundle now available
Daily Gold Available

Fixed

Login
Fixed issue where Login/Welcome Screen text would overlay each other on facebook login
Users are now notified when the lose/regain internet connection
Users are now able to reset forgotten passwords on Playfab accounts

Gameplay
Villainy toned down on Gogmurt, Skinsaw Man, Justice Ironbriar and they now properly allow temp closures and dialogue.
Nualia: No longer continuously stacks difficulty when playing and cancelling blessings
Warrens Location now no longer interrupts villain temp closures and dialogue
Heroic Poison Pill scenario power now correctly applies to all barriers
Legendary Foul Misgivings: Warrens now connects to other locations
Progression Break: Burying Brodert Quink with wildcard Full Packs active no longer breaks progression
Progression Break: Ilsoari Gandethus' examine power no longer breaks progression
Progression Break: Erylium no longer breaks progression when you lose her wisdom check with Retaliation and Blood in the Sand wildcards active
Progression Break: Goblin Warchanter: Recharging a weapon when using Harsk's Sniper shot will no longer cause a progression break
Progression Break: Game should now recover better when a scenario is corrupted from the battery dying mid-roll
Guard Tower: Seelah can no longer cheat and use Crusade twice
• Goblin Fortress: Now adds weapons when closed
Reroll: Reroll powers now work again
Reroll: No longer being prompted to reroll vs an incorporeal monster when beating the check with a non-magic weapon
Mending: Can now be cancelled properly
Warrens can now be temporarily closed
Wand of Shield and Amulet of Life no longer can be played for their powers on the same check
Goblin Warchanter no longer allows Seoni to user her Arcane Blast power without a wisdom check
Tickwood Boar now properly increases difficulty when you fail the BYA check
Fixed an issue where an off turn character playing a display card could cancel a revealed weapon
Pass & Play: Fixed an issue where you were unable to play a display spell on the first turn
Adventure Rewards: Characters who have not completed all scenarios will no longer acquire the adventure reward upon completing the final scenario

UI
Tutorial: Fixed typo in the intro text
Tutorial: Scenario power text now properly shows in the effects panel
Vault: When interacting with buttons while a card is zoomed, card now zooms out
Party Create/Load screen: Deleting parties now correctly reference Party instead of save
Party Create/Load screen: Additional text added to clarify that you're creating parties, not saves
Dice: D4 is now easier to read
Dice: D12 now shows the correct value when rolling a 1 or 12
Settings Menu: Now fits all the options!
Settings Menu: Placeholder art for gold removed
Recharged cards now easier to zoom in on while in the recharge tray
Dr. Habe no longer conceals the close button
Character Powers: Should now be more obvious when they're available for use
Luck Stone helper text better clarified
Location: Town Square At Location text updated to remove text referencing recharge
Scenario Preview Map Pan: Location icons no longer appear in strange places

Dialogue
Assorted typos fixed for Deck 1 Dialogue.  Several issues outstanding.
Aldern Foxglove no longer appears happy about being attacked.

Store
Another Art pass has been done
Fixed typos on Treasure screen
Messaging implemented: We now have messages for purchase confirmation, in progress and success
Characters: Now able to view roles in See More section
Characters: Sorting fixed when scrolling characters
Characters: No longer able to purchase the same character multiple times
Specials & Gold: Temp art replaced
Treasure: Chest contents have been updated - no more Merchants to be found!
Treasure: Several typos fixed
Products now color coded to indicate if they're available, unavailable, or purchased.
Empty space on the right no longer empty

Quest Mode
Now giving XP more in line with intended values
Rewards now properly granted
Tsuto Kaijitsu no longer triggers dialogue in Quest Mode
Fixed several issues that would cause crashes

Known Issues

Login
Close button does not function on internet loss/regain notification on some devices.  Androids can work around with the back button (and sometimes going to another screen first).  There is no known work around for iOS at this time.
You cannot properly log out of a Facebook account
Long email addresses don't fit in the text fields properly
Text will be wiped if you have to re-select a field that text has been input (that field only)
If you login with predictive text on an Android, it will add a space to the end of the email.  You'll need to manually remove this space or your credentials will be considered invalid.

Gameplay
Location: Treacherous Cave - unable to cancel if you attempt to move then change your mind
Location: Treacherous Cave - if you attempt to move then change the check type, it will show the name of the next card in the deck
Shrine of Lamashtu: If Ezren encounters a blessing by way of Detect Magic, he can avoid the damage thanks to his expanded Spellbook.
Quest Mode: It is possible for a leveled character to disappear.  If you encounter please provide information!
Cards that force an encounter (Shalelu, Detect Magic) can result in an encounter with an invisible card
Trapped Locker does not have the auto roll after failing the check - also retains the older, harder to read d4.
• Old Light: Extra d6 appears when recharging after taking fire damage
• Approach to Thistletop: Scenario Difficulty increase is stacking. Beware the goblins!
• Progression Break: It's possible to encounter a progression break on the card selection after a scenario.  You can make valid decks (or as valid as possible), and you will be unable to proceed.
• Driving Rain: Not increasing difficulty of Poison Trap checks to defeat.

Dialogue

Attack on Sandpoint: Merisiel calls Zantus Desna

UI
Location: Habe's Sanatorium - When Permanently Closed power is hidden upon being closed.  Button remains functional
Wildcard: Driving Rain text incorrectly references it affecting all checks; should only be checks to acquire/defeat
Vault/Gallery: Reward cards Samisen and Orik's Shield do not appear when rewarded
Forfeit: Confirmation text currently a placeholder
Map Screen: If you enter the map from a closed location the overlay will appear on the map
• Junk Beach: When closed looks like a Nuke went off in the background.  It's not a reference to other games we've made, we promise... o:)

Store
iOS: Restore button can lock up the game
Characters: Character Bundle text incorrect
Specials: No header
• Treasure: Opening chests sometimes results in a card that won't flip.  This card is not being successfully granted.
Treasure: Misleading message because we aren't offering aesthetics or dice, yet.
Treasure: Text doesn't fit on buttons when opening chests
Treasure: Some boosters will have missing art or card art issues
Treasure: Placeholder art for the various bundles
Treasure: If you switch tabs in the store while opening a chest, the opening animation can break.  Restarting the app will resolve the issue.
Treasure: Buy button will disappear after confirming a purchase.  Selecting another item and returning will make it return.
Treasure: Bundles grant more chests than the text indicates (40 will grant 48, 10 grants 11) because when you buy a 10-pack you get a 10% bonus and when you buy a 40-pack you get a 20% bonus.
• Boosters: Some cards are missing art/have incorrect card frames.
Buy: There is no feedback if you attempt a purchase and don't have enough gold

Edited by Sylvanta
  • Like 2

On Twitter @MikeyDowling

22 answers to this question

Wooohoo ⚡

Great news, thanks for all you hard work.

Could you please clarify and explain the following statement:

• Apple products can make real-money purchases requiring a credit card number but they will NOT be charged

What are "Apple products"?

- Does this mean iPads, Cider and/or Pie?

- Does this mean: The user of an "Apple product can make real-money purchases requiring a credit card number but they will NOT be charged"

- Does this mean we have reached the Singularity and the "Apple products" are in control?

Please confirm that even though "Apple products" will not be charged, will they still receive the goods they have purchased?

Thanks

If you're on an Apple, Testflight will alert you to a new build being available. Uninstall and then install that.

Android never pushes info to me on this, but if you check Google Play, it will either have the option to "open" or "install". If Install is there, uninstall first and go at it.

For beta 2, it took a few hours for my Android to have it available. Not until the next afternoon on my iPad.

Edited by Deekow

I uninstalled the old version.  I downloaded the new version.  I deleted my only current story mode (which used Kyra and Merisiel) on this device.  Then went to Quest mode and I could only bring down Seoni (who I did purchase with earned gold a while ago).  When I tried to bring down Kyra or Merisiel, I got a message that I had not purchased those characters.  I left the character creation screen, and went to story mode and Seoni was still at the bottom of the screen where I left her when I left the quest mode character creation screen.  When I tried to bring down Kyra and Merisiel, they just bounced back to the top of the screen with no message.  I restarted the program and I still cannot use Kyra or Merisiel (I still get a message), but I can use Seoni.  It looks like for a while Seoni will be the only char I will be able to use for a while on this device.

This is on the RCA Pro 10" Android Jelly Bean

(oh, this might have been a Version 2 issue)

Edited by Balkar

Wow, what a meaty build! Reading these notes was a real morning treat. :)

I have one question about this fix:

• Progression Break: Goblin Warchanter: Recharging a weapon when using Harsk's Sniper shot will no longer cause a progression break

I was playing yesterday and broke progression when Amiri tried to bury a weapon using her Rage power. The wisdom roll for the Warchanter came up, and when I tried to cancel the action, the game hung and I couldn't get back into the save file. Does the above fix to Harsk work for Amiri as well (and Lem recharging a weapon for Bard Song)?

Due to some changes with the store backend, we were holding off the Android push until Apple's was ready.  The beta will be available for download shortly.

Wow, what a meaty build! Reading these notes was a real morning treat. :)

I have one question about this fix:

• Progression Break: Goblin Warchanter: Recharging a weapon when using Harsk's Sniper shot will no longer cause a progression break

I was playing yesterday and broke progression when Amiri tried to bury a weapon using her Rage power. The wisdom roll for the Warchanter came up, and when I tried to cancel the action, the game hung and I couldn't get back into the save file. Does the above fix to Harsk work for Amiri as well (and Lem recharging a weapon for Bard Song)?

I'll look into this and let you know. :)

• Like 1

How will I know if a new build has been posted? I've uninstalled the old build so I won't get a notice of an update. Will the version number be changed with this build?

I can confirm that the Android update is now available. :)

We've encountered an issue with the restored connectivity message appearing on screen when you load into game on the beta, and refusing to go away.  We're looking into it.

Edit: If you encounter this on an Android, use the back button to close the window.  We haven't encountered this internally on iOS, so if you do and can't close the window, let us know!

Edited by Sylvanta

We've encountered an issue with the restored connectivity message appearing on screen when you load into game on the beta, and refusing to go away.  We're looking into it.

Edit: If you encounter this on an Android, use the back button to close the window.  We haven't encountered this internally on iOS, so if you do and can't close the window, let us know!

I have encountered this on IOS (iPad mini) and posted about it today. Haven't figured out any way to make it go away, but the app runs in the background.