Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear RELEASED

*chuckle*

No, I never said I didn't want you to selective quote. Poor tactic there Grommy.

I'm saying you are selective quoting and ignoring other posts from the previous page.

*snort*

?

responding to you is giving us freaking brain freeze.  

respond or link to the appropriate response(s).  is not hard.  is only difficult if such doesn't exist.  

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

?

respond or link to the appropriate response(s).  is not hard.  is only difficult if such doesn't exist.  

HA! Good Fun!

*groan*

So you don't have a problem with my earlier posts from the previous page?

*chuckle*

Of course you responded to my later posts which you have taken issue with.

*snort*

Darmok and Jalad, when the walls fell

the beast at tanagra. hp at the court, the court of silence. shaka, when the wall fell.

am closer to understanding manifested.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 2

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

?

HA! Good Fun!

*groan*

*chuckle*

*snort*

Hiro if you cant provide the link then you are lying and your position is unclear and disingenuous  

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Hiro if you cant provide the link then you are lying and your position is unclear and disingenuous  

Bruce, I didn't realise Gromnir need you to rescue him.

Let me ask you this. Do you have an issue with the posts of the previous page and if you do, then can you quote which one please. Otherwise, it's you who's being disingenuous and white knighting and the liar here.

Edited by Hiro Protagonist II

I'm with Gromnir, I seem to have lost the point Hiro is trying to make about the goblin.

So would you agree it's out of place?

Sure, but not for anything that has to do with racism.

So disregarding racism, why is it out of place?

I haven't even played the game, so I can't really speak with authority, but it sounded like it would be annoying to hear that joke every time I clicked on the goblin.  But both you and Gromnir have given loads of examples that make it pretty clear that this is standard stuff in the BG games.

?

HA! Good Fun!

*groan*

*chuckle*

*snort*

am not sure why hp thinks that his mouse-over and 4th wall observations on the previous page is sufficient, 'cause as we already stated, we see little else from a cursory exam... but is no point in Gromnir arguing for hp, is there?  hp should be making an argument for hp.  lord knows why hp would want another poster explaining hp arguments for hp.  idiotic way to make a point.

the whole situation is utter ridiculous.  never met somebody so averse to explaining or simple linking.  is not as if Gromnir and hp has been having the same debate for multiple pages and hp is exhausted by repeating self to us.  *chuckle* it should be clear from his last series o' responses that hp don't mind spam and repetition.

4th wall breaking mouseover observations is  unresponsive, and they is conclusory. wholly inadequate given our request. 

"please, give us your reasoning rather than your conclusion.  why exact is a tongue-in-cheek goblin opine 'bout racism more out-of-place in a story set within the sword coast o' the forgotten realms than is peter of the north, a woodsman who "knows how to handle himself," lecturing us 'bout wood and subterranean trees?"

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"Hiro if you cant provide the link then you are lying and your position is unclear and disingenuous "

Prove that he lying. I bet you can't.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"please, give us your reasoning rather than your conclusion.  why exact is a tongue-in-cheek goblin opine 'bout racism more out-of-place in a story set within the sword coast o' the forgotten realms than is peter of the north, a woodsman who "knows how to handle himself," lecturing us 'bout wood and subterranean trees?"

If I understood him clearly, it went something like this:

- fourth wall-breaking observations in the game are, by themselves, not bad

- however, fourth wall-breaking observations in the character selection dialogue can get really repetitive, therefore they should be judged more harshly since the player will hear them much more frequently than, say, they will read the halberd's item description

- moreover, the goblin's dialogue is specifically bad as an on selection dialogue because it does not react to the player input itself (ie. the act of selecting the character, or instructing them to do something), so it's doubly immersion-breaking: first for mucking with narrative flow by breaking the fourth wall (which is a tradeoff: it can get a chuckle out of the player, but at the cost of yanking them out of the game, and repetition definitely does have diminishing returns here), and secondly for creating a dissonance between player action and the game's reaction

Would this be a fair assessment of the point you were making, HP?

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

I'm with Gromnir, I seem to have lost the point Hiro is trying to make about the goblin.

I haven't even played the game, so I can't really speak with authority, but it sounded like it would be annoying to hear that joke every time I clicked on the goblin.  But both you and Gromnir have given loads of examples that make it pretty clear that this is standard stuff in the BG games.

You lost the point with what I was making with the goblin? Thanks for confirming you don't know what you're talking about.

am not sure why hp thinks that his mouse-over and 4th wall observations on the previous page is sufficient, 'cause as we already stated, we see little else from a cursory exam... but is no point in Gromnir arguing for hp, is there?  hp should be making an argument for hp.  lord knows why hp would want another poster explaining hp arguments for hp.  idiotic way to make a point.

the whole situation is utter ridiculous.  never met somebody so averse to explaining or simple linking.  is not as if Gromnir and hp has been having the same debate for multiple pages and hp is exhausted by repeating self to us.  *chuckle* it should be clear from his last series o' responses that hp don't mind spam and repetition.

4th wall breaking mouseover observations is  unresponsive, and they is conclusory. wholly inadequate given our request. 

HA! Good Fun!

*groan*

I already made the argument. It you who refuses to quote my previous posts. Also, can you quote where I asked someone else to make an argument for me? No? I didn't think so.

Yes, the whole situation is utter ridiculous when you refuse to acknowledge my previous posts. Never met anyone who can't read or acknowledge any of my posts other than the one you quoted. And it's not me that's exhausted, it was clear that you were starting to lose it. *chuckle*

Perhaps you can use some reasoning and reading comprehension for once. But given you've been obtuse in your posting and refusing to quote any posts you have issues with other than the one you quoted on page 17 of this thread, then it appears you have no issues with my previous posts before you started quoting me.

*snort*

You lost the point with what I was making with the goblin? Thanks for confirming you don't know what you're talking about.

I apologize for not getting your point, I guess? This has been a pretty weird conversation.

To get this back on some semblance of a topic.

I mentioned before that quests can be bugged and you usually have to do it in some sort of preferred order. Even the Beamdog devs confirmed on the Beamdog forums that some things have to be done in the right order otherwise, it will bug out or quests will be unresolved.

Also, there are some quests that have an 'optimal' way of solving them. As an example, there's a stone golem that you can have in the final battle and looking at the Steam Achievements, 0.4% of players have killed the final boss although the Stone Golem achievement is sitting at 0%. Obviously, some people do have the Golem achievement, but the percentage of players are so small, that it's rounding down to 0%. And it's no surprise to me that a lot of players have missed this.

The Stone golem is part of a quest but isn't easily found because it's part of C&C with that quest through specific dialogue options and after the right dialogue options, THEN the stone golem appears. Also, you have to speak to certain NPCs that are on that particular map in a certain order before you speak to the NPC who owns the golem to trigger the dialogue options. Even then, it's not clear what options you should select when those dialogue options do come up. It was only through looking at the achievements that I knew this person had a golem 'stashed away' somewhere and wanted to figure this out.

And if you're one who is into achievements, the stone golem (achievement) is required for another achievement. So if you don't get the stone golem, that's two you miss out. Most people don't care but I'm just pointing this out.

During my play through which I created a completionist walkthrough with every quest in the game and a dudleyville inspired check list (I have no idea why I did this. Presumably I thought this was going to be replayable many times for me  :facepalm: ), It became apparent while there are different ways to solve things, there's usually only one 'optimal' way of doing things. Once I knew the best way to do things, I realise I wouldn't waste my time with the other ways if I were to play this again.

The way to do a completionist run through the game isn't very clear, so if you're a completionist, then good luck. I'll let you figure it out.  :lol:

Steam had me around 24-25 hours of playing this game but I guess 8-10 hours was spent reloading and going back to finish quests, including going back and doing entire chapters again because quite often you can't go back to previous maps, some quests usually bugged out or sometimes to figure out what the best way was to resolve a quest.

If I understood him clearly, it went something like this:

stuff

Would this be a fair assessment of the point you were making, HP?

no, no, no.

you must needs quote hp, but careful o' selective quoting 'cause hp is kinda confused 'bout "selective quoting."  also, if one points out that your interpretation doesn't actual answer Gromnir queries, then hp will, we assume, criticize your lack o' reading comprehension and Gromnir's.  highly  repetitive were the spontaneous companion ejaculations o' alora and khalid from bg.  such stuff  were frequent ill-timed in bg, and as so few catchphrases were available, we got them ad nauseum.  immersion-breaking (*chuckle*) resulting from repetitiveness or poor timing is gonna find the writers o' bg to be the most terrible o' sinners.

a tongue-in-cheek goblin playing the race card sounds kinda amusing, but gauging the degree to which such is out-of-place compared to star trek references, porky pig quotes and pr0n star rangers extolling the grandness o' their wood strikes us as an extreme difficult task. am not actual certain what hp would say that could legit distinguish his difficulties with sod from similar applicable bg offerings.  regardless,  is not up to you or Gromnir to guess.  we are far less able to accurate divine hp's meaning than is hp, yes?  so why does he not respond?

and how can we quote the absence o' an argument?  we do not  believe hp addressed, so how can we possible quote?    

duh.

""

done?

is hp's argument.  he is the one that gotta explain.  

again, duh.  believe that you made an argument that explains how to distinguish does not make it so. 

HA! Good Fun!

no, no, no.

you must needs quote hp, but careful o' selective quoting 'cause hp is kinda confused 'bout "selective quoting."  also, if one points out that your interpretation doesn't actual answer Gromnir queries, then hp will, we assume, criticize your lack o' reading comprehension and Gromnir's.  highly  repetitive were the spontaneous companion ejaculations o' alora and khalid from bg.  such stuff  were frequent ill-timed in bg, and as so few catchphrases were available, we got them ad nauseum.  immersion-breaking (*chuckle*) resulting from repetitiveness or poor timing is gonna find the writers o' bg to be the most terrible o' sinners.

a tongue-in-cheek goblin playing the race card sounds kinda amusing, but gauging the degree to which such is out-of-place compared to star trek references, porky pig quotes and pr0n star rangers extolling the grandness o' their wood strikes us as an extreme difficult task. am not actual certain what hp would say that could legit distinguish his difficulties with sod from similar applicable bg offerings.  regardless,  is not up to you or Gromnir to guess.  we are far less able to accurate divine hp's meaning than is hp, yes?  so why does he not respond?

and how can we quote the absence o' an argument?  we do not  believe hp addressed, so how can we possible quote?    

duh.

""

done?

is hp's argument.  he is the one that gotta explain.  

again, duh.  believe that you made an argument that explains how to distinguish does not make it so. 

HA! Good Fun!

*chuckle*

Amusing to see Gromnir trolling and flailing like a fish out of water.

Not once did you Gromnir quote in context what I was talking about and here you are still quoting out of context to try and get something across. What your argument is we don't know. I don't even think you know as you've gone so far off base that you will pull anything, no matter the context, out of the game to justify your rambling. *chuckle*

And you're still doing this. Reading and comprehension goes a long way. Also, when you're arguing something, it's good to quote against the person what you are arguing about. Why didn't you quote my post? Oh because it's my job to quote my post for you? *chuckle*

So you want me to quote my own post? That you're arguing against? Why don't you quote my post you're arguing against you lazy idiot.

*Groan*

That's right. Oh but is it the case that the previous posts you refuse to quote does make sense? Is that the reason why you refuse to quote them when it ties directly into the post that you did quote? Ah, we now understand. *Chuckle*

Perhaps Gromnir, instead of jumping in and ignoring the reasoning and context which preceded it, and going straight to trolling you might come up with a better argument.

*Snort*

Also, tis funny you have not countered any of aluminiumtrioxid's points which are clearly stated in my posts from page 17 of this thread. *Chuckle*

we did quote.  that is what started all this.  poor memory and poor reading comprehension.

I didn't say it was a great place to use the joke, I just said it is a pretty standard joke line. The original conversation about this goblin made it sound like he was pushing some political agenda. In reality he is just making a joke, even if it falls flat.

So would you agree it's out of place?

so, honestly, what is it that rises to unacceptable "out of place" for hp?  we cannot tell from you or aluminum's attempted summary.  as we observed, alora and khalid's curious bg catchphrases were ejaculants that did not depend on player interaction.... not that you give any actual reasoning why lack o' interaction would intensify the degree to which a response is out of place.  alora will spout her song lyrics at the most curious moments. get blown up by a fireball trap?  walk through a door. die fighting wyverns.  is pure crapshoot for some o' the peculiar bg catchphrases. alora is just one o' the companions to do so.  companion interjection o' porky pig and major alan "Dutch" schaefer random and repetitive and irrespective of player actions were not an endemic issue in bg?  gosh.

4th wall is referenced many times.  is fourth wall violations integral to "out of place?"  seems doubtful.  Al suggests that hp is not finding 4th wall violations to be fundamental out of place.  repetition appears to be an enhancer o' out o' place?  okie dokie.  we got loads o' repetition in the bg examples we already provided.  so, if elora quoting the youngbloods song til we begin to imagine strangling chet powers is not out of place, but the goblin joke is, we need explanations.  

aluminum references immersion breaking.  is not his fault for doing so as he is trying to explain your concerns.  regardless, as we should all know by now, immersion is just 'bout the most subjective gaming concept discussed on these boards, which is why it is typical subject to developer derision. "immersion" in and of itself is a thoroughly pointless concept. is "out of place" shorthand for immersion breaking?  that would largely explain why hp is avoiding responding.  dunno.  

stuff such as the chelsey crusher is not repetitive in and o' themselves, but such an observation clear misses the point.  the degree to which pop culture references is injected into bg is resulting in a high degree o' frequency.  can't look at the chelsey crusher in a vacuum and be fair.  is chelsey crusher and peter north and xvar quoting oppenheimer, who were quoting bhagavad gita, chapter 11, verses 31-33. etc.  

again, and serious, explain "out of place."  we know that you think that goblin comments is out of place.  the problem is you actual never has explained "out of place."  which is why we go in circles.  if the goblin jokes is out of place for the reasons shared by aluminum, then so to is a legion o' bg examples.  

and still no genuine response from hp.  we did quote hp, which is how this ridiculous bit o' silliness got started. we quoted you.  if you believe you actual has answered, link.

"my posts from page 17"

*chuckle*

our quote were from page 17.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

we did quote.  that is what started all this.  poor memory and poor reading comprehension.

so, honestly, what is it that rises to unacceptable "out of place" for hp?  we cannot tell from you or aluminum's attempted summary.  as we observed, alora and khalid's curious bg catchphrases were ejaculants that did not depend on player interaction.... not that you give any actual reasoning why lack o' interaction would intensify the degree to which a response is out of place.  alora will spout her song lyrics at the most curious moments. get blown up by a fireball trap?  walk through a door. die fighting wyverns.  is pure crapshoot for some o' the peculiar bg catchphrases. alora is just one o' the companions to do so.  companion interjection o' porky pig and major alan "Dutch" schaefer random and repetitive and irrespective of player actions were not an endemic issue in bg?  gosh.

4th wall is referenced many times.  is fourth wall violations integral to "out of place?"  seems doubtful.  Al suggests that hp is not finding 4th wall violations to be fundamental out of place.  repetition appears to be an enhancer o' out o' place?  okie dokie.  we got loads o' repetition in the bg examples we already provided.  so, if elora quoting the youngbloods song til we begin to imagine strangling chet powers is not out of place, but the goblin joke is, we need explanations.  

aluminum references immersion breaking.  is not his fault for doing so as he is trying to explain your concerns.  regardless, as we should all know by now, immersion is just 'bout the most subjective gaming concept discussed on these boards, which is why it is typical subject to developer derision. "immersion" in and of itself is a thoroughly pointless concept. is "out of place" shorthand for immersion breaking?  that would largely explain why hp is avoiding responding.  dunno.  

stuff such as the chelsey crusher is not repetitive in and o' themselves, but such an observation clear misses the point.  the degree to which pop culture references is injected into bg is resulting in a high degree o' frequency.  can't look at the chelsey crusher in a vacuum and be fair.  is chelsey crusher and peter north and xvar quoting oppenheimer, who were quoting bhagavad gita, chapter 11, verses 31-33. etc.  

again, and serious, explain "out of place."  we know that you think that goblin comments is out of place.  the problem is you actual never has explained "out of place."  which is why we go in circles.  if the goblin jokes is out of place for the reasons shared by aluminum, then so to is a legion o' bg examples.  

and still no genuine response from hp.  we did quote hp, which is how this ridiculous bit o' silliness got started. we quoted you.  if you believe you actual has answered, link.

"my posts from page 17"

*chuckle*

our quote were from page 17.

HA! Good Fun!

*groan*

No you didn't quote the original post I posted which started it all and flowed onto into the post you did quote. You jumped in at the end and took it out of context like you always do with your trolling.

I posted this already which is easily understandable. Even with aluminiutrioxid (who understands what I was saying) understood what I was getting at. And still you admit you can't.

Hiro 1 / aluminiutrioxid 1 / Gromnir 0  *chuckle*

And it's not about immersion throughout the game in various instances with anything. Not about items, or whatever you want to bring up with Laryl or Peter of the North. This has been explained on more than one occasion. And yet you still don't get it.

Hiro 2 / aluminiutrioxid 2 / Gromnir 0  *chuckle*

Genuine responses have been given by myself. aluminiutrioxid also gave a genuine response explaining what I was saying. Gromnir hasn't given a genuine response yet - only intentionally being obtuse. If not intentional, then there's a reading and comprehension difficulty on your part.

Hiro 3 / aluminiutrioxid 3 / Gromnir 0  *chuckle*

That's three strikes and you're out.  

*snort*

kadir beneath mo moteh

can't have a useful discussion with a guy who won't respond other than to claim he already responded or that Gromnir don't comprehend.  channeling your inner pee-wee?

56364394.jpg

ah well, can't claim we didn't try.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

Looks like you're talking about yourself. I already posted back on Page 17 what I was saying. You refuse to acknowledge those posts or even quote them. aluminiutrioxid explained quite eloquently what I was getting at and you still admit you don't understand. I then try and get this back on topic and no you don't want to give up whatever you're arguing about. You're hopeless.

Looks like you're talking about yourself. I already posted back on Page 17 what I was saying. You refuse to acknowledge those posts or even quote them. aluminiutrioxid explained quite eloquently what I was getting at and you still admit you don't understand. I then try and get this back on topic and no you don't want to give up whatever you're arguing about. You're hopeless.

aluminiutrioxid summarized your points.  thanks for him.  lord knows why you were so impotent. can't blame  aluminiutrioxid for your shortcomings. is not his argument. unfortunately, as we noted already, the summary of points didn't actual address our question(s).  we have attempted numerous times to clarify, but you are in pee-wee mode. 

and as to you trying to get back on topic, sod IS the topic.  you claim "out of place" for goblin while ignoring the long and storied history o' outta place for bg.  hp wants to change topics 'cause this one is uncomfortable?  HA! hp has been running away from the question you posed to hurlshot. kinda amusing actually.  is only off-topic when your responses is off-topic. weren't off-topic when we responded to aluminiutrioxid, but your post immediate preceding our post is indeed off-topic, as is ours.  

like links and quotes?

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/85798-baldurs-gate-siege-of-dragonspear-released/?p=1806059

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/85798-baldurs-gate-siege-of-dragonspear-released/?p=1806064

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/85798-baldurs-gate-siege-of-dragonspear-released/?p=1806066

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/85798-baldurs-gate-siege-of-dragonspear-released/?p=1806069

etc.

is all off-topic.  so, try not to be too hypocritical.

want back on-topic?  simple:

1) answer the question Gromnir posed

2) stop

if you can't do either, then you got nobody to blame but yourself. Gromnir is the one trying to get on-topic... your recent sod topic as a matter o' fact.

HA! Good Fun!