Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear RELEASED

UJgVnpw.jpg

They seem to know a thing or two about drow  :lol:, or men for the matter of fact.

yeah but those responses...

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

UJgVnpw.jpg

They seem to know a thing or two about drow :lol:, or men for the matter of fact.

I am trying to imagine internet after when same words would spoken by male character about women. :-D

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Dear hamskii, have you even bothered to read some threads on BD forums made by real Transgender people how they feel about such lame inclusion of this character? Or are you to busy to hate on everyone who has the "wrong" (ergo different than yours) oppinion?

Well, not every trans person has the same opinion on this topic either you know..

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/269735/Opinion_The_Siege_of_Dragonspear_drama_and_the_video_game_community.php

Well, then why it is an outrageous surprise, that non-trans people might have different oppinions about this matter as well?

*mind blown*

The differing opinions are not a surprise, and I didn't even say that they were...  But considering the actual content in question (three lines by the TG character, and a line by minsc) what has surprised me is how soft skinned some people are, and the extent that they will go to try and bash the game (while not actually talking about the game) and even destroy the livelihoods of the people who created it

Welcome to First World problems.

I will disagree that the character "shoves it in your face" or anything like that. It comes up in a very organic way - you can ask about their name, they mention their old name proved to be unsuitable, and you can ask them about that. I also have to disagree with the assertion that just because a transgender character exists in the game's universe, that transphobia also need exist in the game's universe. Being trans doesn't necessarily have to be a part of a character's internal conflict; it's also fine to have a character for whom that has all happened in their past and they are now comfortable with themselves.

LOL

Token character: Hi, my name is X

<CHARNAME>: Huh, that's an odd name

Token character: I didn't like the old one it so I made it up

<CHARNAME>: Um, why?

Token character: Well, cuz I'm a tranny and also a really special snowflake

That's pretty much how the conversation goes, "very organic" indeed. Do people you know tell you about their sexual orientation/identity literally after the first ****ing question you ask them? As it stands, the sole, defining trait of the character is that it's trans. And a priest vendor. It's not just us saying this now, btw. It's Beamdog too, given that they have all but admitted that the character was included solely for tokenism purposes and are committing to "expanding" her.

But considering the actual content in question (three lines by the TG character, and a line by minsc) what has surprised me is how soft skinned some people are, and the extent that they will go to try and bash the game (while not actually talking about the game) and even destroy the livelihoods of the people who created it

You mean before or after the writer came out and said that if people didn't like her [politically charged] changes to established characters they could deal with it, and the CEO accused critics of being "small minded"?

Edited by 213374U

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

UJgVnpw.jpg

They seem to know a thing or two about drow :lol:, or men for the matter of fact.

I am trying to imagine internet after when same words would spoken by male character about women. :-D

Sounds like something Eldoth would say.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Maybe in '90ies. In 21st century you are allowed to trashtalk only men. And only in the case that they are heterosexual and white, else someone might get offended.

I mean, I never ever heard someone to tell anyone. 'WOW you are strong <insert gender>' because you are using sex to do them your bidding' xD

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

On top of that, that is a sign of early BIO SJW Nazism because no drow women would speak like that because the fact they have power has nothing to do with their ability to seduce males. That isn't how drow society works. Poor writing  because it drags  modern PC morals into a fantasy world.

A drow female would never trick a male into bed to gain power.. she would use the power she already has to get a male she wnats into her bed...  COME ON.

• Like 1

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I mean, I never ever heard someone to tell anyone. 'WOW you are strong <insert gender>' because you are using sex to do them your bidding' xD

Wow you are a strong man because you are using sex to do them your bidding.

You've read it now at least.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

On top of that, that is a sign of early BIO SJW Nazism because no drow women would speak like that because the fact they have power has nothing to do with their ability to seduce males. That isn't how drow society works. Poor writing  because it drags  modern PC morals into a fantasy world.

A drow female would never trick a male into bed to gain power.. she would use the power she already has to get a male she wnats into her bed...  COME ON.

Because the main writer is some generic hipster SJtard without knowledge of the FR lore. I am fairly sure she has never ever read any FR related book to deities, elves and the drow.

• Like 1

Wow you are a strong man because you are using sex to do them your bidding.

You've read it now at least.

at last my life is fulfilled

BG2 ( TOB)  was the most entertaining and superlative RPG I have ever played and Viconia she was so .....beautiful, I loved her  :wub:

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

BG2 ( TOB)  was the most entertaining and superlative RPG I have ever played and Viconia she was so .....beautiful, I loved her  :wub:

She's evvviiillll... just no. :p

• Like 1

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

Wow, when someone mentioned the outlines earlier, I didn't imagine it'd look that weird. Actually, the look reminds me of Crusader (and yes, consequently Ultima 8/Online) for some reason.

If it weren't for the trees on the screenshot I'd have to look twice to realize it isn't UO. Damn. Now I want to play UO again. :w00t:

She's a single class cleric, so... no, just no. ;)

Edited by majestic
  • Like 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Wow, when someone mentioned the outlines earlier, I didn't imagine it'd look that weird. Actually, the look reminds me of Crusader (and yes, consequently Ultima 8/Online) for some reason.

If it weren't for the trees on the screenshot I'd have to look twice to realize it isn't UO. Damn. Now I want to play UO again. :w00t:

She's a single class cleric, so... no, just no. ;)

Guys .." love is blind " 

But also she was a valuable addition in combat, I had a Druid and her they both provided a useful Healing\Combat Magic role

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Right, I'm sure you, the maker of this video, and everyone in this thread who replied to it were always just concerned about a fairer representation of trans people in the game! Why could I not see that?! Killing the character immediately after they realise that they're trans, is that to highlight that trans people are far more likely to be murdered in real life . . .

And every Skyrim player who's ever wiped out an entire village for stealing their sweetroll must also be advocating mass murder . . . right.

Because the other thing the mod does is remove a snipe at GamerGate by Minsc. Gosh, these anti-SJW's (for that is what they are - people who have defined themselves entirely by their opposition to "political correctness", a.k.a. trying to be nice to people) are so easily offended.

Yes, people are actually more up in arms about Minsc (and Safana and Jaheira for that matter) than the whole "trans" thing. Because it´s out of character for Minsc to say this line, and inconsistency in a character people know for almost two decades is really miserable writing, just so the writer can take a jab at some online movement. It´s cheap and for roleplayers (we are talking about an RPG after all), it can be an immersion breaker.

The CEO of Beamdog also realized this now, and they are removing the line. It´s a small step, not that it improves the overall quality of writing.

• Like 1

"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, the man who never reads lives one."

Because the other thing the mod does is remove a snipe at GamerGate by Minsc. Gosh, these anti-SJW's (for that is what they are - people who have defined themselves entirely by their opposition to "political correctness", a.k.a. trying to be nice to people) are so easily offended.

Yes, people are actually more up in arms about Minsc (and Safana and Jaheira for that matter) than the whole "trans" thing. Because it´s out of character for Minsc to say this line, and inconsistency in a character people know for almost two decades is really miserable writing, just so the writer can take a jab at some online movement. It´s cheap and for roleplayers (we are talking about an RPG after all), it can be an immersion breaker.

The CEO of Beamdog also realized this now, and they are removing the line. It´s a small step, not that it improves the overall quality of writing.

hmm, no, Fallouts (the good ones) have tons of pop cultura references and was still hell a lot of fun

Dear hamskii, have you even bothered to read some threads on BD forums made by real Transgender people how they feel about such lame inclusion of this character? Or are you to busy to hate on everyone who has the "wrong" (ergo different than yours) oppinion?

Well, not every trans person has the same opinion on this topic either you know..

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/269735/Opinion_The_Siege_of_Dragonspear_drama_and_the_video_game_community.php

Well, then why it is an outrageous surprise, that non-trans people might have different oppinions about this matter as well?

*mind blown*

The differing opinions are not a surprise, and I didn't even say that they were...  But considering the actual content in question (three lines by the TG character, and a line by minsc) what has surprised me is how soft skinned some people are, and the extent that they will go to try and bash the game (while not actually talking about the game) and even destroy the livelihoods of the people who created it

No one gives a **** about the tranny.  It's the whole leftist propaganda.  The line by Minsc, every line by Safana, Jaheira, Viconia, or Corwin.  The refugee dialogue - hell, pretty much every line of text pushes some real world agenda and forces the player to accept the SJW opinion.   Accept the poor refugees, accept the theft of your gold, it went to a good cause.  I also enjoyed being called a racist.  How they let one feminazi destroy such a classic game is beyond me.

Edited by JRRNeiklot

hmm, no, Fallouts (the good ones) have tons of pop cultura references and was still hell a lot of fun

Yeah, they do, but they are placed in a setting, which could very well have the same pop culture icons, as it is after all only a bit twisted Earth.