3.02 Fellstroke Ambushing tooltip

PX1player

Question

13 answers to this question

I don't even think it works at all.

I see no difference in damage between that and a similarly enchanted normal pistol, on any attack.

also tested against ducanale, and every time each of them crits, ducanale always does more damage.

at least fellstroke has the stealth bonus working.

Yeah, it shows up in the combat log. Since damage applies is a random number within two parameters, it's almost impossible to tell whether or not the bonus is actually applied, but I can confirm that the attack is flagged.

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

Since damage is a random number, how would you be able to show this?

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

*sigh*

Yes, random within a range. If the the lower end of that range is 10 and the log shows a 13, and it flags Ambush damage, did you roll at 13 and Ambush is broken or did you roll a 10 and it worked?

Since Ambush is also happening with other things (like a sneak attack), I have no idea how one would show that it isn't being applied, but if you think you've figured out a way to prove that it isn't, I can't wait to see your evidence.

On the other hand - you could prove that it works if you'd post a screenshot where the damage with Fellstroke is higher than the estimated max damage without ambush.

So... who's faster? ;)

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Ithythic could just post his evidence that it doesn't. Seems to me that would justify keeping this thread in the bug reporting section.