Some enemies keep using special attacks while CCed

Esajin

Question

Here's an example of my party getting wiped by a paralyzed (and prone) adra dragon using two special attacks at the same time

http://imgur.com/a/4NRKl

He's even still paralyzed on the game over screen. I asked around on Reddit, veterans told me it was probably a bug, so here, have a bug report.

I've reproduced the bug with Battery Sirens ("Wail", the AOE paralyze) and Wraiths ("Shriek", the AOE stun), while stunned, paralyzed or, in the case of the Siren, prone. 

Also of note, "Shriek" seems to have infinite range. Not sure if it's a bug, since it's my first time doing late game content. It's on POTD upscaled, if that matters.

Guys on Trial of Iron, stay safe.

10 answers to this question

I'll try to reproduce it tonight after work, the Adra Dragon seems like a good test lab subject.

Do you need a save file from before the event or from after the event? Just so I know if I can just exit and post the log or if I should actually try to win the fight and save afterwards?

I believe the best would be a save right before the fight so Aarik can go ahead and repro the bug on his end; a log from after the fight so programmers can see whether specific issues caused this behavior in game.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

On a mildly related note: are dragons intended to ignore the effects of Stasis Shell?

E.g. Adra Dragon gets the debuff, absorbs all incoming damage, but can still act freely, hit, breath, etc. (Although in my case she at least could be property paralyzed)

Edited by MaxQuest

Here's the link to the save file. It's in front of the Adra Dragon.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/eofnjif87omhb3r/97d0683b1c7e40ef82b64784381f55ce%2024081094%20EndlessPathsofOdNuaLevel15.savegame?dl=0

The character Dagna has a few scrolls of paralysis if you want to try to reproduce the issue, otherwise any of the two other warriors can try to land a knockdown. The character Shale can cast a group accuracy buff if needed.

I tried for a bit yesterday evening and couldn't reproduce the bug, so no log file unfortunately.

I'm not sure it's the same bug.

Hit mid-animation by paralysis (Fetid Caress) the Adra Dragon completed the Wings Slam and continued with Breath - then she stopped, until the end of the paralysis.

In the combat log the Breath appeared after Fetid Caress.

For personal amusement I was recording my many deaths at the hand of the dragon, so I got a video of the glitch (skip to 0:52): 

output_log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/lva250tgiysx9gp/output_log%20-%20dragon.txt?dl=0

edit: fixed the video link, I hope  (thank you Esajin!)

Edited by Suen

I've come to burn your kingdom down

Woah, this is pretty much the same symptoms though! Instant Wing Slam and Dragon Breath while paralyzed.

I'm not surprised neither I nor Aarik could reproduce it, it's like there's some weird timing thing. By the way, Suen, the embedded video didn't get displayed properly on my end for some reason, I had to hack a bit to see it. Here's a link if it also happens to someone else. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uf3FZeS8tR4

Edited by Esajin
  • Like 1