Question: The Ultimate achievement.

Hi all!

Just finished my walkthrough on normal. And seriously involved in solo. The new storytale mode is an easy trip while soloing the most time. But in WM2 devs added a new achievement. The Ultimate.  

Complete the White March and Pillars of Eternity, defeat all dragons, all bounties, and both archmages on Expert, Trial of Iron, and Path of the Damned modes without taking any companions after Cilant Lîs.

I've started to test myself in PoTD mode, watched some videos,which shows how to kill an Alpine Dragon, and believed in that is possible, but as I remember Archmages are the toughest guys itself, and there are two dragons else, and all this in PoTD. Did anybody kill them solo? Which way? 

Also, quests connected to Caed Nua challenges, If I go solo, I can't hire a partner and live him to comlete the tasks, that's why it's impossible to obtain unique items, especialy diving helmet. AFAIK in the final of WM2 if hero sucrifices him|herself and destroys the crystal, he|she dies and there is the end of the game. But in my walkthrough I had a helmet, and it saved my life. So the questions are:

1. Is it possible to get a rewards from Caed Nua challenges, and still complete 

without taking any companions after Cilant Lîs.

condition ?

2. How to survive in final without helmet?

Or White March means that WM2 not included?

p.s. sorry for my bad english. :)

You can get the diving helmet from a WM2 quest.

(Wild Mylla. Bring cookies.)

My Deadfire mods
Out With The Good: The mod for tidying up your Deadfire combat tooltip.
Waukeen's Berth: Make all your basic purchases at Queen's Berth.
Carrying Voice: Wider chanter invocations.
Nemnok's Congregation: Lets all priests express their true faith.

Deadfire skill check catalogue right here!

I've started to test myself in PoTD mode, watched some videos,which shows how to kill an Alpine Dragon, and believed in that is possible, but as I remember Archmages are the toughest guys itself, and there are two dragons else, and all this in PoTD. Did anybody kill them solo? Which way?

Concelhaut isn't that difficult since you can easily kite him and his pals. Funnily enough, on my first Ultimate attempt, Concelhaut's missile spell was reflected by the Aila Braccia, killing him instantly.

Llengrath, on the other hand, might be the toughest fight in the game. My strategy involved lots of running around in circles and abusing chokepoints, but I don't think it's 100% reliable. Luck definitely played a role for me.

1. Is it possible to get a rewards from Caed Nua challenges, and still complete 

without taking any companions after Cilant Lîs.condition ?

Not as far as I know. Hiring any companion after Cilant Lis immediately disables the solo achievements. You'll have to live without the items from the Caed Nua adventures.

Someone on this forum mentioned that high Con will also let you survive the finale of WM2. There's really no reason not to pick up the helmet though since the associated quest is pretty easy.

Wait, what?

You can just equip the diving helmet and survive WM2?

I even had it at that time :/

You shouldn't have to equip it. The SI should say something like "you hand the diving helmet to [character], just in case". 

Someone on this forum mentioned that high Con will also let you survive the finale of WM2. There's really no reason not to pick up the helmet though since the associated quest is pretty easy.

Just to expand on this, there are a few more ways you can survive the finale besides high Con and the bubble helmet. The easiest one is to 

release the souls of the dwarves during the WM1 finale

=)

• Like 5

I try my very best.

Everytime I think something like this is some kind of special super secret easter egg and wonder how people are able to find out, I have to remind myself that I disabled the unavailable dialgoue choices in the options on my own. :/

I had the helmet in the stash so there was neither a prompt nor did it occur to me to try out. Too bad I overwrote that save.

Anyway, thanks for having these kind of options available! :)

• Like 1

^

I seriously have no idea and/or can't remember. It just happened and I figured this is a default outcome.

UPDATE: I really can't remember this, I am not 100% sure but maybe I did what aartz suggests. Laguefaths may be controlled by freed dwarven spirits?

Edited by Messier-31

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

UPDATE: I really can't remember this, I am not 100% sure but maybe I did what aartz suggests. Laguefaths may be controlled by freed dwarven spirits?

You are correct!

The Laguefath are controlled by the spirits of the dwarves that you freed. =)

• Like 1

I try my very best.

Anyone did Ultimate on Steam yet?

Sort of, I guess. The achievement didn't trigger for me due to issues with the save file, but I'm reasonably sure I met all the requirements. Once someone actually properly unlocks the achievement, I'd imagine they'll post about it either here, on the Steam forums, or the subreddit.

Do you have to play upscaled WM 1 & 2 or will the normal scaling also meet the requirements?

And: Can you use old saved games (pre 3.0) as well or do you have to start a new game?

Frozen Crown Solo doesn't require upscaling, so I'd assume neither does The Ultimate. Otherwise, it'd presumably be specified in the achievement's description.

No idea about old save games, but PoE is usually pretty good about preserving stuff between updates, so it probably works.