I've seen some people discussing weapons and whether they are 'superlash'able. But I'm not entirely sure what this is referring to and search isn't saying for sure.

I *think* perhaps it's referring to a weapon you can afford to do an elemental and vs. type damage bonus on, but I see references to the Chanter fire lash aura too.

I used to use it as shorthand to describe a weapon that can both be Superb and still have room for a lash, two of the biggest things a weapon can have to boost it's damage. Pre 3.0, some weapons could not hold both due to pre-existing enchantments, greatly hurting their ability to be considered a 'best' weapon. An example is Cloud Piercer, which due to it's Jolting Touch spell striking, could not hold both a Lash and Superb, knocking it down a peg.

However, it's pretty much not a consideration anymore with 3.0, as all weapons now have 14 slots instead of 12. And while one might assume it just changes from 'SuperLash' to 'LegendLash' or some such, it's not quite the case. Legendary comes so very late in the game, I basically don't even count it as a thing. This means pretty much any weapon now can get Superb+Lash, despite whatever enchants it comes pre-built with, shaking up the 'best' weapon discussion a bit. For example, Blade of the Endless Paths lost a good bit of luster due to no Lash, but now that it has one, it's easily one of the best weapons in the game.

Well, while not official, in the context I ever used it was strictly for weapons, and  tired to be clearly defined. Mildly useful for pre 3.0 weapon conversations, when you'd frequently have to mention that a weapon can't both have a lash and a superb enchantment. Just a personal (and I'd hoped easy to notice) way to shorten something you'd have to mention multiple times when discussing the merits of weapons.

Nowadays, doesn't matter, as all weapons can have both be superb and have a lash. Or a superlash.  

What about...

MO-MO-MO-MO-MO-MO-MONSTERLASH! ;)

That's Tidefall with:

- Wounding (+25%)

- FoD + Intense Flames (+75% burn)

- Burning Lash (+25% burn)

- Rememeber Rahakan Field (+25% corrode)

- Chanter lash (+25% burn)

- Scion of Flame (burn damage *1.2)

Would be aweseome damage I guess...

against 0 DR that would be +200% damage (or damage times three in other words) for those two FoD hits.
With Firebrand the overall damage might be even higher per hit... the elemenrtal damage boosters now also work on weapons that do elemental base damage like Stormcaller, Firebrand and Bittercut.

And what about Bittercut with that setup plus Spirit of Decay? Too lazy to do the math...

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 3

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

What about...

MO-MO-MO-MO-MO-MO-MONSTERLASH! ;)

That's Tidefall with:

- Wounding (+25%)

- FoD + Intense Flames (+75% burn)

- Burning Lash (+25% burn)

- Rememeber Rahakan Field (+25% corrode)

- Chanter lash (+25% burn)

- Scion of Flame (burn damage *1.2)

Would be aweseome damage I guess...

against 0 DR that would be +200% damage (or damage times three in other words) for those two FoD hits.

With Firebrand the overall damage might be even higher per hit... the elemenrtal damage boosters now also work on weapons that do elemental base damage like Stormcaller, Firebrand and Bittercut.

And what about Bittercut with that setup plus Spirit of Decay? Too lazy to do the math...

My DW Bleak Walker Pala will have something like this with Bittercut just no chanters Aura

FoD , Intense Flames , Remember Rakhan Field , Scion of Flame , Spirit of Decay , Corrosive Lash , and a Vent Pick in other Hand

Edited by Blunderboss

That sounds like fun. Please report how it goes.

Hm... since FoD is a Full Attack maybe a fully enchanted Drawn in Spring with burning lash would also be nice. You will have wounding on top.  

By the way the license costs for my patented Monsterlash are not too high. ;)

• Like 1

I'm playing a warrior with dual wield bittercuts, with all' the talent for more DMG ( weapon specialization, vulnerabile attack, weapon master and so on + spirit of decay + merciless hand + durganize ). Works very well, i start the fight with the prone ability that deals double attack for 80+ 2x corrode damage. And after prone more crits follows :D

Sabre DMG, +25 corrode lash, + 20% from spirit of decay, + 10% weapon master, + 15% weapon something+ 20% ( and -5 precisione) from talent, -5 dr from vulnerabile attack. This is +90% DMG every hit , + 200% for crits (50 crit, 30 merciless, 30 durgan). And everything in corrode/ slash so the dr of mobs in never a problem

Edited by Dr <3

But also that beast is nothing compared with my new monk... I took both turning wheel and swift stikes + 25% lighting lash talent. Weapons: dual wield resolution+ purgatory, both enchanted with lighing lash. It is so strong it makes me laugh every time. Soloing with monk means you are never short of wounds, with veteran recovery, shood of faith and purgatory Life steal you are kinda immortal. I spam torment reach while swift stikes remains constantly active. So i do 80-110 DMG x2 to the First monster in the line every hit and huge DMG in all the cone behind. 3-4 shots whole Group is dead. Always.

For math sake, fully optimized with 10 wound you deal : sabre High DMG + 25 fighting lash, + 25 swift strike fighting + 10 from harth of the storm ( 20% of your +50% fighting DMG ) + 50 crush DMG + 50% fire DMG from turning wheel + vulnerabile attack --> + 160% for normal attack.

For crits you have to add + 50% from crit, + 50 from annilation + 30 merciless , +30 durgan --> + 160% for an overwhelming + 320% total. I took no poderous attack ( +20% DMG, -5 precision because crits are so good that i don't want to lower them).

And a lot of this DMG get converted to pure crush for the cone behind the First monster while you spam torment reach. That rapes everything and everyone. You don't even have to care about the whole 0- recovery thing since you do "full attacks" all the time, more DMG do far more for you than a bunch of speed.

Note: This set-up in the end do better DMG than double bittercuts + spirit of decay, at last as long as you manage to crit people with High chance. If i have to resume : double bittercuts: more reliable, you do more DMG in normal hits. Resolution + purgatory lighting enanche: more DMG overall, crits go crazy, less DMG to high deflecion mobs.

Edited by Dr <3

Some Brindle level point-missing there, good to see ya carrying that torch.

But switching to the single larget hit topic, could always dual the Bittercuts; less potential, but higher upfront average.

Don't think I insulted anyone or used the words "mate", "lol" or "rogues are OP". ;)

So I can't find any brindleness in my posts. You may not like what I said, but I never attacked you or anything you said. At least it was not my intention. So maybe you should take a step back and look at it from a distance. I can see that you might think I was mocking the term "superlash", but that was not what I wanted. I just remembered my good old Unreal Tournament days with "Mo-mo-mo-monsterkill!!!".:) It was not my intention to make fun of you. If you had the impression I apologize.

However - this discussion has turned into something interesting around lashes and elemental damage and how to squeeze the heck out of it. I like it! Actually your guys' ideas with dual Bittercuts and Spirit of Decay are great. Never thought about it, but it's the only one handed weapon that does elemental damage. So thank you for that. :)

• Like 2

How exactly does Lash work?

Say I have a character with a spear that does only pierce damage. The character has no elemental damage from anywhere else and I put Corroding lash on the spear. Does it do anything?

I ask because I did just that and hit some Lagufaeth and I can't see any corrode damage being dealt anywhere. Log only mentions pierce damage.

Edited by PX1player

So from what I gather from doing a bit of testing (3.02), Lash only works if the weapon already deals that particular elemental damage in the first place.

I.e. rapier with burning lash but no elemental source from anywhere = pierce without bonus from lash

If i then use a chant that adds 25% burn damage, that damage seems buffed from lash.

So unless I actually have an elemental damage source of the same type as the lash, lash is pointless.

Or if I were a caster casting spells of that element presumably.

Edited by PX1player

What? No. :)

A lash works like this:

Example:

You have a sabre that deals slash damage. It has a burning lash that deals 25% burn damage. You hit a foe.

Now the slash damage gets reduced by the slash DR of the target. The additional burn damage gets reduced by 25% (or 1/4th) of the target's burn DR.

Vulnerable Attack or Penetrating Shot only work for the initial weapon damage, not the lash.

That's it. 

p.s.: 

Elemental "booster" talents like Scion of Flame do influence the lash. You will cause 20% more burn damage. 20% of 25% are 5% - so overall your burning lash with Scion of Flame will be 30% instead of 25%

Edited by Boeroer

Hm I'm confused then why the Chanter +25% burn damage will actually show up in the combat log mouseover dealing burn damage on top of say Slash, but if I have a weapon with corroding lash hitting an enemy who isn't immune the combat log doesn't mention corrode anywhere at all?

--

Nevermind, it does work like you say :)

The Lagufaeth's base DR was high enough to not make the lash damage show.

So in a way, lash isn't really worth it mid-late game where enemies all have at least 10 DR against everything unless you are wielding a 2handed weapon, and even then the contribution is minute. Lash on a small weapon definitely seems unuseful

Edited by PX1player

It depends how much damage you're doing with your weapon. Fast weapons can also do enough damage to make lashes good if your talent/ability choice allows it. But basically it's right that lashes are more effective on hard hitting weapons like two handers and guns and so on.