IGN talks KOTOR2

ign

Interesting bits:

Some of the specific companions we got to see today are our little droid buddy T3-M4, who returns from the original and who you can play in the tutorial. We also got a chance to meet Krea, an elder Jedi who helps you to reacquaint yourself with the Force, and Atton Rand, who reminded us a bit of lovable scamp Han Solo. Although T3-M4 is the only character from the original making a return visit to one of your 10-member party slots

So T3 is the only old NPC returning ::to your party::

You start the game in a medial facility on Peragus Station, a remote asteroid mining operation. You have no recollection of who you are, how you got there, or why you're hurt (sound familiar?). As it turns out, in just five brief years, you're the only known (note: the only known -- as the name implies, you will come across many more Jedi in the game) Jedi left in the universe, and now it's up to you to carry on the ideals and beliefs of the Jedi.

wtf? Ok, something is very fishy here. How the hell does preview after preview get this wrong?

MCA says-The player does not have amnesia, does not start the game with amnesia, does not get amnesia over the course of the game, and he/she is quite clear who, what, and where he is at all times. Nor does he/she have any problems with memory, lurking pseudo-personalities, multiple personality disorders, submerged personalities, or any personality problems except what you induce through gameplay by being a nice guy, a jerk, or both.

but we keep hearing take after take on this memory loss/black out BS. Whats up?

Beh. the only npc returning is the worst of the bunch. Very, very sad. :)

The only one returning to your party. I agree, that is sad, maybe he gets his memory switched with HKs ;) . That would be amusing.

Anyways, HK has been confirmed (in some form) and it seems Carth is a sure bet to be in some games.

The party nocs to me are the main npcs. They are abig part of the game. The other returners except possibly Raven will probably just be added flavour. party npcs are THA thing and they chose the most boring.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

and they chose the most boring.

You have to assume they have a plan for him....I hope

whats pissing me off is this lack of memory stuff that keeps coming up. I assume the Lead Dev know what he is talking about, but why does every freaking story keep printing otherwise?

So now we have atleast four NPCs that will re-appear in KotOR II: T3-M4, HK-47, Carth and Revan. Which leaves little room left for the others, Bastilas fate would be nice to know, and Canderous' as well, i just have to drift and hope i guess. But most importantly....

I miss Yuthura.

Also, as earlier stated, what's up with the previews and your memory? Chris needs to clarify that one asap. And you being banished by the Jedi counsil? This preview just left me with more questions than answers :angry:

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Give the little guy a large promethium container and a fusion cell. Watch him fry the opposition with lightning arcs and flamers. :blink:

He'll show HK-47 how it's done.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I miss Yuthura.

Personally, I just assumed she bit it with the rest of the Jedi on Dantooine when the place got pummelled. (If you turn her before Dantooine gets wasted she winds up outside the Jedi acadamy) Perhaps she'll show up in the ruins of Dantooine in KOTOR2... Then again, Obsidian might try to avoid recycling characters like Yuthura. She's a relatively minor character with a highly uncertain fate in KOTOR1. If the questions in the opening chapter about Revan's past actually get down to the level of Yuthura they are going to seem like an interrogation! I suppose they could find a subtler way to ask about her fate on Dantooine though.

I miss Yuthura.

Personally, I just assumed she bit it with the rest of the Jedi on Dantooine when the place got pummelled. (If you turn her before Dantooine gets wasted she winds up outside the Jedi acadamy) Perhaps she'll show up in the ruins of Dantooine in KOTOR2... Then again, Obsidian might try to avoid recycling characters like Yuthura. She's a relatively minor character with a highly uncertain fate in KOTOR1. If the questions in the opening chapter about Revan's past actually get down to the level of Yuthura they are going to seem like an interrogation! I suppose they could find a subtler way to ask about her fate on Dantooine though.

But still in the realms of possibility. For example, when choosing a LS ending, your PC could answer something like this:

"Revan, when redeemed, did several deeds that should be put as a prime example for the Jedi, like redeeming one of Korribans highest ranking Sith. I think her name was Yuthura something..."

A bit naive, but still possible :ph34r:

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I don't think it would just be a rumour - they are seeing the game and talking to the reps at E3, after all. The IGN article is clear the demo was created purely for E3 and does not represent actual in-game areas - perhaps that's where the confusion comes from.