This is my first time obtaining this - which should I give it to?  They're each story companions (Aloth, Hiravias).  I'm leaning towards Aloth for the potential AoE dominate procs from Blast and 1/encounter stun, but it seems like Golden Gaze would be much better for the AoE DR reduction.

Alternatively, I'm thinking to put it on Hiravias since refreshing his Spiritshift isn't a bad option as it hits pretty hard and that would free up Aloth for Golden Gaze.  

I have Durance in my party too and the displaced image on being crit isn't a bad option either, but the other two seem better.

Any input would be appreciated :)

Edited by Dastion

I gave it to Aloth. The Dominate effect will by applied to enemies hit by Blast (which Hiravias doesn't get), so that kind of made it obvious for me. Also, Gref's Authority is a great alternative to Grimoire Slam, so that frees up a talent for him.

EDIT: to clarify, AoE enemies can still pass the save, but if they fail they get Dominated, not just the target.

Edited by Achilles

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

That's a big big plus for the wizard. I would only use it for spiritshift druid builds since it's possible to gain more Spiritshift uses with it. 

For a wizard I still prefer Golden Gaze though. 

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Wizard +1 for me as well, there is the issue of the Golden Gaze as Boeroer mentions above but you can apply the aoe debuff only once in the blob of enemies subsequent proccs do not count while with the scepter you can chain dominate with each subsequent procc I would say it's more "cost effective" when it comes to the scepter.

Skaen Priest for me.
So you can use Skaen Talent and Ruffian focus with a ranged weapon.

Ok, I didnt answer your question.
I'll say Druid.

Having an extra Spiritshift is priceless.
Moreover, if you want a good auto-attack with a Wizard, you can use summoned weapons.

I asked this the other day but nobody answered: Has anybody tried that new summoned bow for wizards yet? With an arcane archer build or something like that?

p.s.: Sorry for kdnapping this threat...  :blush:

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Skaen Priest for me.

So you can use Skaen Talent and Ruffian focus with a ranged weapon.

Ok, I didnt answer your question.

I'll say Druid.

Having an extra Spiritshift is priceless.

Moreover, if you want a good auto-attack with a Wizard, you can use summoned weapons.

The original post included all 3 Classes, but I realized that since I'm using Durance he isn't very ideal - if I had a Skaen priest that would be another story. :). However, your response will help anyone googling this as I was.

I'm playing Hiravias as a Spiritshift Druid, though he still does plenty of casting. Generally he wields a Quarterstaff (works well with Peasant focus) from behind Eder and my Chanter and uses Spiritshift as space allows.

I asked this the other day but nobody answered: Has anybody tried that new summoned bow for wizards yet? With an arcane archer build or something like that?

p.s.: Sorry for kdnapping this threat...  :blush:

Caedebald's Blackbow? I tried it for a bit, it's nice, but I still prefer Spirit Lance (hits just as hard but has AOE damage and 20% speed) or Minor Blights. The terrified effect is kind of nice though, and it certainly looks cool. For level 8 spells, my favorite by far is Wall of Many Colors.

I wish some other class had Blast besides Wizard, as it's a really cool ability. But as it's on Wizard, I don't really get to work it out very often, as the Wizard is normally either using a hatchet and reflect shield using spells, or on the 'easy' fights, spending one spell on a stronger than any non-summoned weapon spell, and using it's 0 recovery speed to go wreck things. (Because Wizard also gets free haste every fight, which isn't really practical for other classes).

Like, a Chanter would love if he could just be Blasting between Invocations or what not, but instead it's a very powerful tool that just is overlooked due to Wizard just be overloaded with very powerful tools for....reasons.

• Like 1