High level or low level party for PoE2?

High level or low level party for PoE2  

70 members have voted

1. 1. What do you prefer for PoE 2?

• A new level 1 adventure with a fresh character?
    • A level 16 game with the PoE 1 character and continuing the PoE1 story?

I see that most people here rejects to start PoE2 at higher levels. I hope devs will take this into account.

I'd even like to start a new fresh adventure, but I suppose devs will want to continue the Watcher's story.

Solution: Make 2 games: a new adventure for level1 in a different setting like IWD1, and a mid-level (6 - 7) sequel of the Watcher story in the Vailian Republics like BG2 :dancing:

IWD1 and BG2 were released the same year and I know that we all enjoyed both games

Isn't that what they're doing?

Solution: Make 2 games: a new adventure for level1 in a different setting like IWD1, and a mid-level (6 - 7) sequel of the Watcher story in the Vailian Republics like BG2 :dancing:

IWD1 and BG2 were released the same year and I know that we all enjoyed both games

Isn't that what they're doing?

Not exactly, because IwD and BG were both Forgotten Realms. Tyranny and PoE are two different settings.

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

Actually, it's not true. Some, like me, don't like the IWD franchise this much. Plus, crafting a game is not exactly the same thing as baking bread... It's a bit more expensive to craft, and there is no way you can afford to craft a different one for every people around.

• Like 1

I think there's still places the Watcher's story could go, and where the game left off, there are still story threads that could be resolved.

Besides, I think the endings BIG-REVEAL would make starting with a new character a little meta-gamey from the start. The player knows this huge secret of the world, but any character they made wouldn't have any reason to, so the player either meta-games, or knows-but-pretends-their-character-doesn't.

I'm in favor of having at least one low-level start-over game.  That much extra development on the ruleset, and subsequent additions of things like class features, talents and spells, will help to further fill out the game and give them a better sense of direction when and if they do decide to continue the Watcher's story (shall I say, Lord or Lady of Caed Nua?  We might be a Watcher in every game, for all I know).

Besides, I think the endings BIG-REVEAL would make starting with a new character a little meta-gamey from the start. The player knows this huge secret of the world, but any character they made wouldn't have any reason to, so the player either meta-games, or knows-but-pretends-their-character-doesn't.

See to my mind the big reveal really isn't that big a deal:

We discover that the gods were created by the ancient kith, but they do exist. Given this what difference is this meta-knowledge likely to make, particularly if the plot doesn't directly involve this reveal?