Hey guys, I have a dilemma. I'm going to add a Rogue to my lvl 12 party and I have too many good weapons in my stash :(

I have Rimecutter, Bittercut, Dawn in spring and many more awesome alternatives. Cleared endless paths all the way down to Adra Dragon, who humiliated me, several times :(

I'm still in ACT2 as ive read that I cannot do the xpansion if I enter ACT3 so I don't know wich weapons will await me in ACT3.

So what weapons would u use for Rogue dps? I'm willing to spend the helwax mold on the Rogue unless anyone of u guys know a better use for it. My grp is all melee.

Also, should I create a lvl 11 merc Rogue or should I use the Devil of caroq (whom I don't know how to find)?

Resolution from Endless Paths 4 

and after u reach act 3 , Purgatory in other hand , Resolution + Purgatory both Durganized = better than soulbound 

Sabres in general are best weapons for rogue , because of its high base damage which then scales best with rogues bonus damage multipliers . Also u should aim for ~ 0% recovery 

This is imo best for a melee rogue that is built around sneak attacks and deathblows , if you build around backstab and invis soulbound weapons will do .

Also interesting mention for mid game maybe some1 will find this useful : 

As soon as u get to defiance bay , Do quest for White March Steel Dagger ( + Speed ) , and Buy Rapier with + Speed from codex shop in ondras gift , you will need Dual Wield Specialization and Outlanders Frenzy Talents 

1.25 x 1.2 x 1.2 + 0.2 = 2 = 0 Recovery , even if u use Padded / Leather / Hide and Even Scale armors ur attacks will be very close to having 0 recovery , add Cape of the Cheat from strongholds quest for Escape one per encounter without spending talent points in it , when combat starts let ur tanks grab aggro , Use Outlanders Frenzy , Use Escape to teleport to enemy back line - kill them all , meanwhile my MC rogue was lagging behind in act1 he is real monster in act 2 killing stuff left and right 

Edited by Blunderboss

You can enter Act III. Who told you that nonsense? :) You just shouldn't jump into the pit ant the end of Act III because there's no return after that. But that's really the end of the game, before the final boss fight.

Use Drawn in Spring with Badgradr's Barricade (WMI inside Durgan's Battery). It's bash attack procs Thrust of Tattered Veils on crit. No limit per encounter. Drawn in Spring is one of the best dps weapons in the game (because Wounding stacks and it's fast). And it's the only weapon that looks good with that shield. 

Flank and use your special attacks (Blinding Strike, Crippling Strike and so on). They will result in full attacks - that means you will hit in very quick succession with the Dagger and the Shield. Lots of the bash attacks will be crits becaue you first strike with Drawn in Spring (which has +17 ACC from the start) which will apply the affliction. Then the bash will likely be a crit and trigger the Thrust - which most of the time also is a crit and does good damage and also interrupts for 1 sec. It's one of the best setups for a defensive rogue who doesn't want to loose too much dps. I use that with the Devil of Caroc at the moment - and she survives in my fronline and does great damage at the same time. I didn't test yet if Two Weapon Style works with bash now. Does anybody know?

Later on, when you find the Unlabored Blade, you could retrain to become a dual dagger guy, doing aweseome amounts of damage.

Rimecutter with the that Shield may also be nice. It will lower your recovery a lot, especially with durgan steel.

For pure DPS try to duplicate Rimecutter with the Mold and dual wield it. That is the best dps-setup with non-soulbound weapons that you can get while it also raises your survivability. Because with two of those you can easily reach negative recovery which means you can wear a thick armor without getting slower. You can reach 0 recovery with sabres only with Gauntlets of Swift Action and durgan steel without using Vulnerable Attack (consumables aside). That's the reason why two Rimecutters are better for DPS most of the time (if we speak about normal "non-full" attacks).

Short math excursion:

Two sabres: 1.15 (durgan steel on sabre 1) * 1.15 (sabre 2) * 1.15 (Gauntlets) * 1.25 (Outlander's Frenzy) + 0.2 (Two Weapon Style) = 2.10 (2 means no recovery)

With Vulnerable attack you would drop under 2 (1.9) - so there will be a bit of recovery. And you can't wear any armor.

Two Rimecutters: 1.15 * 1.2 (RC1) * 1.15 * 1.2 (RC2) * 1.15 (Gauntlets) * 1.25 (Outlander's Frenzy) + 0.2 (Two Weapon Style) = 2.9 (lots of "negative recovery").

With Vuln. Attack: 2.7; with a plate armor: 2.2 - still room - you could skip the Gauntlets I guess and still be near 0 recovery. You could also skip Outlander's Frenzy and wear a light armor and still be at 0.

Rimecutter and Bargradr'S Barricade: 1.15 * 1.2 (RC) * 1.15 (duragen reinforced shield) * 1.15 * 1.25 + 0.2 (two weapon style with bash ???) = ~2.5, 2.3 with Vuln. Attack, still room for good armor. And you will have nice deflection and Thrust of Tattered Veils on crit. I think that's quite the nice setup.

Devil of Caroc is fine. You find her in Galvino's Hut in WMI. For example she can wear Bittercut without getting affected by that poison defense debuff. As a construct, she's immune.

If you want to use her, you can make her a bit sturdier so that you can send her into the fray (like I do with that shield) and then send her so attract foes. Then you can drop any poinson related spell on her (see wizard and druid). Because she's immune to that, she wil not suffer, but all enemies will die quickly. Since 3.0 quite some spells fall under that category. A lot of spells that cause corrode damage now are considered poisonous. It hink they did that to buff the mountains dwarf's racial a bit and to categorize immunities better.

I also gave her Aspirant's Mark. With her aweseome rogueish ACC she will crit a lot with that and lower deflection and reflex for your comrades' spells.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 2

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Rimecutter strategy works only if :

fckin azurro brings it to you :( , havent seen it in 3 playtroughs  . 

Maybe i should try rest in stronghold for few months to see if he comes by with Rimecutter

Dorftek HAS Rimecutter and is willing to use the Mold - it's all in the opening post. :)

You can go to Lle a Rhemen and use the dial there to skip time really fast: just hit the "wait" option until Azurro shows up. :)

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Rimecutter strategy works only if :

fckin azurro brings it to you :( , havent seen it in 3 playtroughs  . 

Maybe i should try rest in stronghold for few months to see if he comes by with Rimecutter

Dortek HAS Rimecutter and is willing to use the Mold - it's all in the opening post. :)

You can go to Lle a Rhemen and use the dial there to skip time really fast: just hit the "wait" option until Azurro shows up. :)

Can Azurro bring same item twice like in previous versions of the game? Im gonna try to wait for him using ur tip maybe i canget 2 Rimecutters if i wait long enough

She's immuned to half of the game's status including all that nasty mind-control.

I doubt you could ever find an armor with an enchantement on par with this.

But it's right her stats are weird.

Does someone know which stats were buffed for 3.02 ?

(as it was listed she gets buffed.) 

Too bad I sacrified her to Skaen and I can't check now  :devil:

She's immuned to half of the game's status including all that nasty mind-control.

I doubt you could ever find an armor with an enchantement on par with this.

But it's right her stats are weird.

Does someone know which stats were buffed for 3.02 ?

(as it was listed she gets buffed.)

Too bad I sacrified her to Skaen and I can't check now :devil:

Yes but that comes with the drawback of not being able to use any consumables. I suppose if u wanted to build a tanky Rogue she'd be perfect.

I'm using her with weapon & bash shield (Badgradr's Barricade: Thrust of Tattered Veils on crit) and she's really good.  It really helps that she can't be mind controlled. Just send her first when all those stupid fampyrs and mushrooms want to draw you to the dark side of the... wheel? 

You can durgan enchant her body to take it down to -25 armor penalty

Also two weapon fighting does not benefit bash shields - just tested in game.

Devil's inherent immunities are under rated, they more than make up for not being able to use other armor. But she is pretty typecast as a defensive  tanky style Rogue. I'd like it better if she had a unique talent that lets you have Galvino modify her body to give her platemail equivalent instead of breast plate, if you are going tanky might as well go all in.

• Like 1

Her body armor is also good if you want to dual wield. Reach weapons and ranged seem to be a suboptimal choice though.

Too bad Two weapon Style still doesn't work with bash. OBS promised it would - some time ago.

Big thanks for testing!

Edited by Boeroer

I managed to get two Rimecutters just by waiting in stormwall gorge took me some time and had to fight many bandits mercenaries and dozens attacking my stronghold which is good for gaining money and also i got few exceptional blunderbuss and arquebuss from those random attacks

Edited by Blunderboss

Yes I received another Rimecutter from him aswell so won't have to use the mold on it :)

Question: if you use durgan steel on say an armour and then use the mold, will the molded one also be durganized?

With Pilfters grip, two weapon fighting and durgan steel can I get zero recovery on a -50 recovery armour?

Edited by Dorftek

The mold gives you the exact copy of what you put in. So yes - all enchantments will also be copied.

You don't need Pilferer's Grip. I think it still doesn't stack with durgan reinforced armor.

With two durganized Rimecutters and Two Weapon Style and Outlander's Frenzy you will have 1.15*1.15*1.2*1.2*1.25 = 2.58. Enough to use Vulnerable Attack and a durganized plate and still have no recovery. You could use Pilferer's Grip and skip durgan stell on the armor. You will have a tiny bit of recovery (0.2). I don't think anyone could notice the difference to 0 recovery.

With Gauntlets of Swift Action you could skip Outlander's Frenzy and have a little recovery - but you wouldn't have to cast anything. Your attack speed would be permamently fast. I think I would do that. Frenzy can be a bit annoying because of that concealment.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

The mold gives you the exact copy of what you put in. So yes - all enchantments will also be copied.

You don't need Pilferer's Grip. I think it still doesn't stack with durgan reinforced armor.

With two durganized Rimecutters and Two Weapon Style and Outlander's Frenzy you will have 1.15*1.15*1.2*1.2*1.25 = 2.58. Enough to use Vulnerable Attack and a durganized plate and still have no recovery. You could use Pilferer's Grip and skip durgan stell on the armor. You will have a tiny bit of recovery (0.2). I don't think anyone could notice the difference to 0 recovery.

With Gauntlets of Swift Action you could skip Outlander's Frenzy and have a little recovery - but you wouldn't have to cast anything. Your attack speed would be permamently fast. I think I would do that. Frenzy can be a bit annoying because of that concealment.

I can't find those gauntlets, never have :(

I can't find those gauntlets, never have :(

Woot! Just found em inside Durgans battery

If you are OK to micro your rogue in addition to your casters yes go dual wield rimecutters or unlabored blade + x whatever (if you have a barb barb should use unlabored blade for carnage fire bug thoug).

But if you just want to point the rogue the enemies mage squishy back line and let him to his thing go drawn in spring or one fast speed weapon like rimecutter + durganized shield like bardrakher or little saviour way less micro that way with weapon + shield setup. Because a DW rogue no matter how well buffed will get into oh **** moments.