pink screen returns

Augusto

Question

20 answers to this question

Same here. If you're on GoG, the only solution is to re-install the game from scratch :(

• Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Hey guys, 

Hope you all had a good weekend. We're not seeing this on our end. It sounds like people are missing some files during installation. We'll look into the issue. But for now, I would suggesting Downloading the 3.02 installers and try that.

Thanks a bunch!

Edit: Lychnidos is correct. If you didn't patch all 3, then you will experience those pink issues.

Same issue here. Pink screen in the mines of Stalwart. I double checked and all 3 patches  (for PoE, WM1 and WM2) are installed (when I launch the exe I receive a message "Update already applied"). I'm also on GOG.

This is happening with fresh install from couple of weeks ago with the 3.01 install files and only 3.02 patch files applied.

Is there any fix on this / any reply from GOG?

post-83258-0-09355600-1459531834_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

no, nothing will happen to your save files or game settings.  to reinstall, grab the latest full installs of all 3 parts of the games, then install each in order.

then, install the latest patches, again for all parts, again each in order.

if you do not do this, things break.

blame gog.

also, like the others, I simply installed all 3 of the latest gog patches, and still got this error.  there is definitely something wrong with the latest series of patches from Gog.

that said, I am right now experimenting with *Just* reinstalling the WM2 addon and patches to see if that fixes the problem as well.

EDIT:

nope.

reinstalling WM2 from scratch does NOT fix this problem.

*sigh*

will have to spend yet another hour reinstalling the entire game from scratch.

*shakes fist*

this better be the friggen end of this crap.

Edited by Ichthyic

Sadly, no.

complete reinstallation, from scratch, even installing the 3.01 patches, in the proper sequence, and then the 3.02 patches, in the proper sequence... DID NOT FIX THIS PROBLEM.

I got zero errors during any of the installation or patch updates.

still have pink textures in the mines.

gamestopping bug... yet again.

when will this EVER end?

I have replayed this game 5 times from the start, and not once have I ever actually seen the end of it, because I always run into some bug like this, finally get frustrated beyond what it's worth to continue playing, and dump the game for something else and after a few months, try again. It's been well over a year now... still have never finished this game.

It sounds like Gog is to blame for this one though.  I will never buy a game from them ever again, sadly, and that is entirely to do with how they do their patch updates for all their games, not just this one.  And because 'game galaxy' is really really terrible.

I suppose since this likely will not be fixed in any reasonable time frame (since I appear to be the only one still reporting this as a bug), I will have to rewind my install to the 3.01 version and give up on the fixes that were introduced in 3.02.

*sigh*

I'm absolutely sure this is just a simple pathing issue, as in someone forgot to add the right path to a texture in one of the files, but since the game is so obscure to mod, there is no easy way to tell which file that is, or even if one knew, how to mod it to fix the problem themselves.

Edited by Ichthyic

Hey guys, 

Just to update on the issue. We have contacted GOG and checking to see if there are any issues with patching.

Thanks and keep on rockin!

was there ever any response?  because.. yes, it's broke.  absolutely 100% sure of this.

I wonder if you could repair the installation through GOG Galaxy?

I noticed today that it correctly identifies games installed manually (edit: by design with their most recent installers). 

Under "more - >management" there is a verify/repair.

Again, I don't know if this could work, or **** the installation even more.

vUONzOk.jpg

It sounds like Gog is to blame for this one though.  I will never buy a game from them ever again, sadly, and that is entirely to do with how they do their patch updates for all their games, not just this one.  And because 'game galaxy' is really really terrible.

Of course, if you used galaxy to install it and it was still bugged, this suggestion is pointless.

Edited by Suen

I've come to burn your kingdom down

I wonder if you could repair the installation through GOG Galaxy?

I noticed today that it correctly identifies games installed manually (but I had Galaxy already on my PC, and the game was in the default folder). 

Under "more - >management" there is a verify/repair.

Again, I don't know if this could work, or **** the installation even more.

vUONzOk.jpg

Of course, if you used galaxy to install it and it was still bugged, this suggestion is pointless.

Yes, the verify installation option in GOG galaxy fixes this kind of bugs, I used it to fix similar bug.

Hello all,

I do not use GoG galaxy, I have re-installed the game and the error still occurs.

Help pls :(

Is it a problem to use gog galaxy? Installing the game in separate files causes the problems here and galaxy is the way to fix it, why dont you give it a try?

Hello all,

I do not use GoG galaxy, I have re-installed the game and the error still occurs.

Is it a problem to use gog galaxy? Installing the game in separate files causes the problems here and galaxy is the way to fix it, why dont you give it a try?

I put off on installing Galaxy since it was released, mostly because I had already most of my GoG games installed and a lot of mods already in place. I admit, I was too lazy to install everything again and seeing as Galaxy was optional, I decided not to use it.

Gonna have to suck it up I guess and do it :)

Hello all,

I put off on installing Galaxy since it was released, mostly because I had already most of my GoG games installed and a lot of mods already in place. I admit, I was too lazy to install everything again and seeing as Galaxy was optional, I decided not to use it.

You dont have to redownload and reinstall your gog games, you just add them to your library.

Hello all,

You dont have to redownload and reinstall your gog games, you just add them to your library.

Doing it later today. Thanks mate.