PoE now 1 year out (https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/70039-update-88-final-sprint-and-release-date/) and has received much attention from Obsidian ( http://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/Version). And see how nicely there are exactly 500 Builds between 1.02 and 3.02? A big thank you to all people of Obsidian.

I for my part has only managed to play the core game once (besides having booth extensions installed), build a half finished quest editor and tried to improve the German localization with the help of a few other.

Oh, and happy easter, maybe there is an easter egg in the last patch with this release date ;)

• Like 16

I have been thinking as well of logging in for a big Thank You to all developers.

I feel really spoiled after PoE and to be honest I am afraid I will not enjoy Siege of Dragonspear because of the high quality level of PoE.

Thanks to the Obsidian crew for putting out a great game that gave me hours of entertainment!

• Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

I liked the game a lot back then, and like it even more now.  Numerous improvements and enhancements to the core game, as well as the White March expansions have made it a pleasure to re-visit a year on.  White March has continued the very high artistic standard of the original game.

So yes, thanks to everyone who's worked on PoE.  I was starting to lose heart after a decade of games calling themselves "RPGs" using first-person-shooter style combat mechanics, lacking party-based game play, with simplistic writing and dialog, dumbed down combat systems, and consolified UIs.  I often ended up thinking, "That's it then, the genre is dead and the corpse has stopped twitching."  Yet in the past few years there have been some great RPGs from small to mid sized studios, and PoE is the crown jewel in that renaissance, in my view.  So thanks not just for making the game, but for restoring my faith that projects like this can still succeed in an industry that was having its soul ripped out through a spreadsheet.

Indeed, thank you Obsidian and all of your workers.  I know I will continue to loose myself in this game for years to come.  You have exceeded my expectations and I hope you continue to reap the accolades you deserve.  :thumbsup:

Edited by Redwulf

The Obsidian Orders Royal Pain

"Ouch"

I started a new playthrough to experience all the patched stuff and expansion stuff with a fresh character, what good timing that it was a year to the day after the game came out.  Thanks for a great game Obsidian, and I hope I get to play a sequel.

One whole year of friends and acquaintances putting up with me gushing over this game. :p

Thanks, Obsidian!

qKz5nVP.png

tumblr_ntb1sfqeVI1rxxgfbo3_400.png                                                         

I stream every Friday at 9pm EST: http://www.twitch.tv/ladaarehn  Currently streaming: KOTOR 2.

Pillars of Eternity homebrew tabletop thread: https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/84662-pillars-of-eternity-homebrew-wip/

Thank you Obsidian from me as well, count me among your future backers!

PoE entertained me greatly during this difficult year, and it has been my favorite rpg of the last decade.

All my love! :wub:

Edér, I am using WhatsApp!