Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Gender equality

Equality Stop moderators! Revolution! Test Freedom!

• Please log in to reply
205 replies to this topic

HoonDing

HoonDing

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 9359 posts

Lychnidos

Lychnidos

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 307 posts

On the subject of the "hot women thread".

I'm a member of a all-topic local forum, quite bigger than this one, with more than twenty times the number of active members. There is а subforum titled "Fashion and Beauty" there, and in this subforum there exist separate threads on the subject breast, ass, redheads, a general female beauty one, and who knows what else, featuring more explicit content than anything I saw in the aforementioned thread, barring full frontal. Now, per official statistics ~80% of the post in the particular subforum are made by woman(they also make a third of the whole user base), so what they do is create a thread called "Male Fashion Only" with the OP stating that the thread's purpose is "to help men keep up with current trends". But, what the OP and everyone else go on to post is pictures of male underwear models, and other scantly clothed men. :grin:

And the world goes on, women seem to not notice the previously mentioned threads, barring the occasional lost fella asking where he can buy this or that men also do the same with the "Male Fashion Only" thread. This has been going on for more then ten years, the threads are of length that will make a moderator here have a stroke, male-female ratio remains the same.

TL;DR  

Face it boys, you have little to no women here because of the purpose of this forum, not because of a ptsd induced by a particular thread. No matter what some loony hotheads claim, or nebulous statistics they come up with, the majority of women don't play games, and those few that do aren't inclined in discussing the minutia of them.

Edited by Lychnidos, 28 March 2016 - 12:44 PM.

• Volourn likes this

Volourn

Volourn

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 17067 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

"Personally  I think its a little embarrassing that there no are NO active female members on this forum

We dont have even 2-3 ? Its something we should be trying to understand and or change....people don't seem that concerned ?"

Why do you feel like you should force women to post here? Women are grown adults. They will post where they damn well please. They don't someone who is depserate to be friend zoned trying to get them to post where they don't want to.

I'm sure there are women who post here. They just don't want to admit it or they'll have  SJW Nazis  white knighting and tretaing them like little babies when they are grown adults who can take car eof themselves.  bruce, you don't believe in equality. If you did, you would treat women like you would treat men. Like I do. I don't play  PC games no matter the gender becuase I  actually respect both men and women.

Valsuelm

Valsuelm

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 421 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

At this point, I actually consider BruceVC to be an honorary female. A bat poop crazy one.

No.  Bruce doesn't even understand women, which is not the problem, since we all are pretty clueless.  The problem is he thinks he does.

You must have missed his material on strippers and overweight girls.   :blink:

No I dont understand or know everything about women and you I doubt you will find a single post I have made suggesting that

But I am not clueless either  :biggrin:

Yea... you kinda are. All 2nd and 3rd wave 'feminists', SJWs and 'White Knights' are. ;)
  • Hiro Protagonist likes this

Amentep

Amentep

Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 5251 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Remember when their used to be active female members on this forum? I wonder why they stopped coming around? :wowey:

Personally I think its a little embarrassing that there no are NO active female members on this forum

We dont have even 2-3 ? Its something we should be trying to understand and or change....people don't seem that concerned ?

Do we know there are none? I was under the impression there were some women posting on the POE forum that I've never seen here in WOT.

(That's without getting into the whole self-identifying issue with anonymous message boards )

BruceVC

BruceVC

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 4372 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Remember when their used to be active female members on this forum? I wonder why they stopped coming around? :wowey:

Personally I think its a little embarrassing that there no are NO active female members on this forum

We dont have even 2-3 ? Its something we should be trying to understand and or change....people don't seem that concerned ?

Do we know there are none? I was under the impression there were some women posting on the POE forum that I've never seen here in WOT.

(That's without getting into the whole self-identifying issue with anonymous message boards )

You probably right...maybe our female members actually post in other sections

Remember Squeaky cat? She was cool 

At this point, I actually consider BruceVC to be an honorary female. A bat poop crazy one.

No.  Bruce doesn't even understand women, which is not the problem, since we all are pretty clueless.  The problem is he thinks he does.

You must have missed his material on strippers and overweight girls.   :blink:

No I dont understand or know everything about women and you I doubt you will find a single post I have made suggesting that

But I am not clueless either  :biggrin:

Yea... you kinda are. All 2nd and 3rd wave 'feminists', SJWs and 'White Knights' are. ;)

Well as I have said on numerous occasions I don't really support " Internet SJ "much anymore  and  terms like " SJWs and 'White Knights "  exist primarily on the Internet...I don't see them as that significant or meaningful when it comes to addressing real issues. These words are more divisive 

My SJ efforts are more based in RL issues and issues directly relevant to South Africa and the African continent 

Darkpriest

Darkpriest

(9) Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1396 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Yet you are saying that we should accept increased rape rates? I've shown a couple of your posts to my feemale friend (although she probably has more balls than most men - motorcycling, kite surfing business woman) and she literally called that you must be some whiny p-sy and should get slapped in the face for the comment about accepting higher rape rates

BruceVC

BruceVC

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 4372 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Yet you are saying that we should accept increased rape rates? I've shown a couple of your posts to my feemale friend (although she probably has more balls than most men - motorcycling, kite surfing business woman) and she literally called that you must be some whiny p-sy and should get slapped in the face for the comment about accepting higher rape rates

You have misunderstood my point about increased crime in the EU due to refugees

I am simply stating the facts, some  crime will increase to a certain degree in the EU due to some of the actions of   the refugees. This is already the reality, I'm not sure why you have an issue with the actual crime statistics?

But this doesn't mean the EU will now collapse or that the foundation of the EU will become undermined due to " Islamization" 

Edited by BruceVC, 28 March 2016 - 10:50 PM.

Rosveen

Rosveen

Obsidian Order's Prophet of Woe

• Members
  • 708 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
Are you all talking about the whole forum or just Way Off-Topic? Because there are women posting in other sections. Not many, as usual on a gaming forum, but some exist. There were more earlier in PoE lifetime, but they have since wandered off.

Edited by Rosveen, 29 March 2016 - 01:49 AM.

Elerond

Elerond

One of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 2649 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Are you all talking about the whole forum or just Way Off-Topic? Because there are women posting in other sections. Not many, as usual on a gaming forum, but some exist. There were more earlier in PoE lifetime, but they have since wandered off.

It is failure in our integration policy

Chilloutman

Chilloutman

(10) Necromancer

• Members
  • 1553 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

I am simply stating the facts, some  crime will increase to a certain degree in the EU due to some of the actions of   the refugees. This is already the reality, I'm not sure why you have an issue with the actual crime statistics?

But this doesn't mean the EU will now collapse or that the foundation of the EU will become undermined due to " Islamization" 

I still cant believe you are not really good troll, your posts always trigger me soo much! You really cant believe that **** you are posting xD

Volourn

Volourn

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 17067 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

"(although she probably has more balls than most men"

SEXIST DETECTED.

BruceVC

BruceVC

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 4372 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

I still cant believe you are not really good troll, your posts always trigger me soo much! You really cant believe that **** you are posting xD

What exactly don't  you agree with?

That there is a level of increased crime in the EU since the refugees arrived or that this  doesn't mean the EU will collapse...because both are true?

Edited by BruceVC, 29 March 2016 - 04:59 AM.

Chilloutman

Chilloutman

(10) Necromancer

• Members
  • 1553 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

no, I have problem with your stance that we should accept refugees because they will be somehow beneficial for EU and just accept fact that it will increase crime rates

BruceVC

BruceVC

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 4372 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

no, I have problem with your stance that we should accept refugees because they will be somehow beneficial for EU and just accept fact that it will increase crime rates

Firstly I have never said "the refugees are beneficial to Europe  "....I have said consistently things like  " it was a mistake for Germany and Merkel to invite the refugees " 

But I dont have an issue with Germany or Merkel because they meant well and  what is done can't be changed, so we can't go back in time to  change the initial offer to invite the refugees. So instead of just complaining and having unrealistic suggestions like " the EU  should just dissolve because of this " I believe in practical solutions. 

We cant send the current refugees back so real efforts have to  be made to stop any additional refugees from arriving, like this new Turkish deal, and then the current refugees that are in EU have to absorbed into EU society..and yes I understand this is difficult but you want to avoid the refugees ending up living in ghetto communities, being unemployed and living off social security

I have always also maintained that a small percentage of refugees will commit crime...so obviously the crime rate in an EU country will increase...this is not the same thing as me saying " " you must be happy with increased crime "...I am saying its inevitable but its not all the refugees who are committing crime 

So no I'm  not Trolliing, my argument is logical and based on the reality of the situation :)

Chilloutman

Chilloutman

(10) Necromancer

• Members
  • 1553 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Firstly I have never said "the refugees are beneficial to Europe  "....I have said consistently things like  " it was a mistake for Germany and Merkel to invite the refugees " 

But I dont have an issue with Germany or Merkel because they meant well and  what is done can't be changed, so we can't go back in time to  change the initial offer to invite the refugees. So instead of just complaining and having unrealistic suggestions like " the EU  should just dissolve because of this " I believe in practical solutions. 

We cant send the current refugees back so real efforts have to  be made to stop any additional refugees from arriving, like this new Turkish deal, and then the current refugees that are in EU have to absorbed into EU society..and yes I understand this is difficult but you want to avoid the refugees ending up living in ghetto communities, being unemployed and living off social security

I have always also maintained that a small percentage of refugees will commit crime...so obviously the crime rate in an EU country will increase...this is not the same thing as me saying " " you must be happy with increased crime "...I am saying its inevitable but its not all the refugees who are committing crime 

So no I'm  not Trolliing, my argument is logical and based on the reality of the situation :)

You are constantly trolling or - excuse me - you are idiot.#

1) it never was intend of any nation to create ghettos - these people created them themselfs

2) Turkish deal - EU will return refugees to Turkey where they get turkey asylum and turkey citinzenship in exchange for no-visa access for these people to EU. Wow, what a great deal we are going to pay for!

3) Stalin meant well as well - but few millions of people died in process - bugger I know

'Mean well' doesn't mean i dont have problem with it even if I agree with 'higher good' that may come from it.

If I rephrase your comment:

But I dont have an issue with Germany USSR or Merkel Stalin because they meant well and  what is done can't be changed, so we can't go back in time to  change the initial offer to invite the refugees invade east block. So instead of just complaining and having unrealistic suggestions like " the EU USSR  should just dissolve because of this " I believe in practical solutions.

Are you really that blind that you dont see it?

** Sorry for derailing this thread - back to gender equality please

BruceVC

BruceVC

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 4372 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

You are constantly trolling or - excuse me - you are idiot.#

1) it never was intend of any nation to create ghettos - these people created them themselfs

2) Turkish deal - EU will return refugees to Turkey where they get turkey asylum and turkey citinzenship in exchange for no-visa access for these people to EU. Wow, what a great deal we are going to pay for!

3) Stalin meant well as well - but few millions of people died in process - bugger I know

'Mean well' doesn't mean i dont have problem with it even if I agree with 'higher good' that may come from it.

If I rephrase your comment:

But I dont have an issue with Germany USSR or Merkel Stalin because they meant well and  what is done can't be changed, so we can't go back in time to  change the initial offer to invite the refugees invade east block. So instead of just complaining and having unrealistic suggestions like " the EU USSR  should just dissolve because of this " I believe in practical solutions.

Are you really that blind that you dont see it?

** Sorry for derailing this thread - back to gender equality please

Why you calling me an idiot ?

I dont debate with people who are so blatantly rude 

Chilloutman

Chilloutman

(10) Necromancer

• Members
  • 1553 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

well. i think many of members of these forums were patient enough with you, so you still have many people to enlighten, feel free to put me in ignore list, just don't post questions to me if you are unable to understand answer. BTW - nice way to evade hard questions as always, KUDOS mate KUDOS. Like a pro-troll

aluminiumtrioxid

aluminiumtrioxid

(10) Necromancer

• Members
  • 1498 posts

Checked it out. Wow, that woman's tit tattoos are weird...

Tittoos?

• Volourn and Azdeus like this

KaineParker

KaineParker

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3021 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

Checked it out. Wow, that woman's tit tattoos are weird...

Tittoos?

Tit-tats.
  • Volourn, TrueNeutral and Azdeus like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Equality, Stop moderators!, Revolution!, Test, Freedom!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users