Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Gender equality

Equality Stop moderators! Revolution! Test Freedom!

• Please log in to reply
205 replies to this topic

Guard Dog

Guard Dog

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 603 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer

Remember when their used to be active female members on this forum?  I wonder why they stopped coming around?   :wowey:

I wouldn't mind having Di & Lady Crimson back. That would be two. If Gabrielle ever comes back that will be ten.  :lol:

• Oerwinde likes this

Guard Dog

Guard Dog

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 603 posts

As far as gender equality goes my boss is a woman. And she is the smartest person in any room she happens to be in. She has a BA in Physics with a specialty in Fluid Mechanics and a MS in Engineering Management. I can tell you for a fact no one ever cut here a break for being female and her intellect and personality are such that no one with any sense will take her lightly for it. How people react to you, the opportunities you get, and what you make of them has a lot more to do with what you know, how you act, and how you present yourself than the color of your skin or which chromosome pair you ended up with. 

• ShadySands and ManifestedISO like this

Zoraptor

Zoraptor

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

I remember when Oby himself was a 17 year old Russian girl. Ah, those were the days. Then those bastard moderators forced him to become a bloke.

..they have better things to do then chat with a collection of pseudointellectuals.

Please, let's not drift off into impossibilities.

Oerwinde

Oerwinde

Treacherous Decepticon

• Members
  • 2912 posts
  • Location:Cybertron, hidden in an extradimensional space in Canada.
  • Xbox Gamertag:Oerwinde (also Playstation Network ID)
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Remember when their used to be active female members on this forum?  I wonder why they stopped coming around?   :wowey:

I wouldn't mind having Di & Lady Crimson back. That would be two. If Gabrielle ever comes back that will be ten.  :lol:

What happened to Lady Crimson? She was one of the more prolific posters then bam, gone.

BruceVC

BruceVC

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 4366 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Personally  I think its a little embarrassing that there no are NO active female members on this forum

We dont have even 2-3 ? Its something we should be trying to understand and or change....people don't seem that concerned ?

Sharp_one

Sharp_one

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 783 posts

Remember when their used to be active female members on this forum? I wonder why they stopped coming around? :wowey:

Personally I think its a little embarrassing that there no are NO active female members on this forum

We dont have even 2-3 ? Its something we should be trying to understand and or change....people don't seem that concerned ?

Why would we be embarassed?
It doesn't matter to me if there are females, blacks or others. I care about info and discussion i can obtain and have here.

Do you leave a store if there are no diversified clientel in it? Because normal people don't care and just make groceries.

Darkpriest

Darkpriest

(9) Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1396 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
Why? As someone said. What's the point of talking to know-it-all pseudointellectual geeks?

The second point is - how hard are females invested into certain games.to talk about them? They have better.things like talking about a new cloths collection, shoes, gossiping about their friends etc...

BruceVC

BruceVC

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 4366 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Why? As someone said. What's the point of talking to know-it-all pseudointellectual geeks?

The second point is - how hard are females invested into certain games.to talk about them? They have better.things like talking about a new cloths collection, shoes, gossiping about their friends etc...

Its important in life to always try to get a different perspective on issues and for me a female perspective often adds balance 

Its not  always right but its very relevant to having robust debate...and why do we see ourselves as " know-it-all pseudointellectual geeks" ...do you see yourself as that, I dont see myself as that ?

Valsuelm

Valsuelm

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 421 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

At this point, I actually consider BruceVC to be an honorary female. A bat poop crazy one.

• Sharp_one, BruceVC and Chilloutman like this

BruceVC

BruceVC

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 4366 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

At this point, I actually consider BruceVC to be an honorary female. A bat poop crazy one.

No I identify myself as a male but I align with many things that promote gender equality..many people  have similar views to me Vals   :yes:

TrueNeutral

TrueNeutral

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 2700 posts
  • Steam:funderbunk
Best thread ever.

pseudo-
or pseud-pref.
1. False; deceptive; sham: pseudoscience.

Elerond

Elerond

One of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 2649 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

People that I would guess to be women actually talk about games here, but other conversations don't seem to interest said people that much. So maybe their shared interest are just those games and for other things they just go elsewhere. And said individuals also seem to disappear soon after they lose interest to particular game that brought them here in first place. Same is also true for most men that come here because of games. So I would say that we are just bad when it comes to integration of new people in our society :).

Meshugger

Meshugger

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 5240 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

No man has had sexual fantasies about how equal a woman is to him.

I have.

Tell me more.

As for no women here....i can't believe i am hearing this from you guys. I can't, don't even, it's the current year! It's 2016 people! We are at a role-playing forum after all. Anyone can be a women if they so wish, you sexist, misogynistic bastards, the lot of you.

Hurlshot

Hurlshot

Obsidian Order Hockey Puck

• Members
  • 9103 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Hurlshot
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

No.  Bruce doesn't even understand women, which is not the problem, since we all are pretty clueless.  The problem is he thinks he does.

You must have missed his material on strippers and overweight girls.   :blink:

• Chilloutman likes this

Longknife

Longknife

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 996 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Does this forum even have women that post here?

TrueNeutral

TrueNeutral

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 2700 posts
  • Steam:funderbunk
We used to. But since half this board gets passive aggressive when the word "woman" is even mentioned these days I can see why they're not here anymore.
  • Hurlshot and vv221 like this

Amentep

Amentep

Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 5249 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

"The hot chicks period was a weird one here though."

iirc thread was removed ultimately because a female Obsidian developer complained?

its 2016, heterosexuality is sexist after all

Pretty sure the Hot Chicks thread was nuked each time because some posters couldn't resist posting naked / semi-nudes in the thread despite multiple warnings from the mods not to post nakes / semi-nudes in the thread.

Edited by Amentep, 28 March 2016 - 06:32 AM.

• Malcador likes this

Raithe

Raithe

Lurking Caped One of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 3316 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Well it was one of those odd threads that would bounce from "hey, hot girls" to discussions of different concepts of attraction and beauty depending on culture and location around the world.

Sometimes it was joking, sometimes it got scarily serious, sometimes it got outright pervy, and a chunk of it was just running humour that was part and parcel of the "regulars" twisted psychology.

I thought it was just cleaned out in part because some people pushed the limits, and Obsidian decided to tidy the boards somewhat right before a big release and they were expecting fresh people to swarm the boards (who might not understand the locals and the banter right off the bat).

BruceVC

BruceVC

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 4366 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

No.  Bruce doesn't even understand women, which is not the problem, since we all are pretty clueless.  The problem is he thinks he does.

You must have missed his material on strippers and overweight girls.   :blink:

No I dont understand or know everything about women and you I doubt you will find a single post I have made suggesting that

But I am not clueless either  :biggrin:

Malcador

Malcador

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 7908 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Pft, consoles.
  • Kickstarter Backer

Does this forum even have women that post here?

Only Amentep's avatars

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Equality, Stop moderators!, Revolution!, Test, Freedom!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users