Why? As someone said. What's the point of talking to know-it-all pseudointellectual geeks?

The second point is - how hard are females invested into certain games.to talk about them? They have better.things like talking about a new cloths collection, shoes, gossiping about their friends etc...

Why? As someone said. What's the point of talking to know-it-all pseudointellectual geeks?

The second point is - how hard are females invested into certain games.to talk about them? They have better.things like talking about a new cloths collection, shoes, gossiping about their friends etc...

Its important in life to always try to get a different perspective on issues and for me a female perspective often adds balance 

Its not  always right but its very relevant to having robust debate...and why do we see ourselves as " know-it-all pseudointellectual geeks" ...do you see yourself as that, I dont see myself as that ?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

At this point, I actually consider BruceVC to be an honorary female. A bat poop crazy one.

No I identify myself as a male but I align with many things that promote gender equality..many people  have similar views to me Vals   :yes:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

People that I would guess to be women actually talk about games here, but other conversations don't seem to interest said people that much. So maybe their shared interest are just those games and for other things they just go elsewhere. And said individuals also seem to disappear soon after they lose interest to particular game that brought them here in first place. Same is also true for most men that come here because of games. So I would say that we are just bad when it comes to integration of new people in our society :).

No man has had sexual fantasies about how equal a woman is to him.

I have.

Tell me more.

As for no women here....i can't believe i am hearing this from you guys. I can't, don't even, it's the current year! It's 2016 people! We are at a role-playing forum after all. Anyone can be a women if they so wish, you sexist, misogynistic bastards, the lot of you.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

At this point, I actually consider BruceVC to be an honorary female. A bat poop crazy one.

No.  Bruce doesn't even understand women, which is not the problem, since we all are pretty clueless.  The problem is he thinks he does.

You must have missed his material on strippers and overweight girls.   :blink:

• Like 1

Does this forum even have women that post here?

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

"The hot chicks period was a weird one here though."

iirc thread was removed ultimately because a female Obsidian developer complained?

its 2016, heterosexuality is sexist after all

Pretty sure the Hot Chicks thread was nuked each time because some posters couldn't resist posting naked / semi-nudes in the thread despite multiple warnings from the mods not to post nakes / semi-nudes in the thread.

Edited by Amentep
  • Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Well it was one of those odd threads that would bounce from "hey, hot girls" to discussions of different concepts of attraction and beauty depending on culture and location around the world.

Sometimes it was joking, sometimes it got scarily serious, sometimes it got outright pervy, and a chunk of it was just running humour that was part and parcel of the "regulars" twisted psychology.

I thought it was just cleaned out in part because some people pushed the limits, and Obsidian decided to tidy the boards somewhat right before a big release and they were expecting fresh people to swarm the boards (who might not understand the locals and the banter right off the bat).

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

No.  Bruce doesn't even understand women, which is not the problem, since we all are pretty clueless.  The problem is he thinks he does.

No I dont understand or know everything about women and you I doubt you will find a single post I have made suggesting that

But I am not clueless either  :biggrin:

John Milton 

Does this forum even have women that post here?

Only Amentep's avatars

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

On the subject of the "hot women thread".

I'm a member of a all-topic local forum, quite bigger than this one, with more than twenty times the number of active members. There is а subforum titled "Fashion and Beauty" there, and in this subforum there exist separate threads on the subject breast, ass, redheads, a general female beauty one, and who knows what else, featuring more explicit content than anything I saw in the aforementioned thread, barring full frontal. Now, per official statistics ~80% of the post in the particular subforum are made by woman(they also make a third of the whole user base), so what they do is create a thread called "Male Fashion Only" with the OP stating that the thread's purpose is "to help men keep up with current trends". But, what the OP and everyone else go on to post is pictures of male underwear models, and other scantly clothed men. :grin:

And the world goes on, women seem to not notice the previously mentioned threads, barring the occasional lost fella asking where he can buy this or that men also do the same with the "Male Fashion Only" thread. This has been going on for more then ten years, the threads are of length that will make a moderator here have a stroke, male-female ratio remains the same.

TL;DR  

Face it boys, you have little to no women here because of the purpose of this forum, not because of a ptsd induced by a particular thread. No matter what some loony hotheads claim, or nebulous statistics they come up with, the majority of women don't play games, and those few that do aren't inclined in discussing the minutia of them.

Edited by Lychnidos
  • Like 1

"Personally  I think its a little embarrassing that there no are NO active female members on this forum

We dont have even 2-3 ? Its something we should be trying to understand and or change....people don't seem that concerned ?"

Why do you feel like you should force women to post here? Women are grown adults. They will post where they damn well please. They don't someone who is depserate to be friend zoned trying to get them to post where they don't want to.

I'm sure there are women who post here. They just don't want to admit it or they'll have  SJW Nazis  white knighting and tretaing them like little babies when they are grown adults who can take car eof themselves.  bruce, you don't believe in equality. If you did, you would treat women like you would treat men. Like I do. I don't play  PC games no matter the gender becuase I  actually respect both men and women.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

No I dont understand or know everything about women and you I doubt you will find a single post I have made suggesting that

Yea... you kinda are. All 2nd and 3rd wave 'feminists', SJWs and 'White Knights' are. ;)

• Like 1

Remember when their used to be active female members on this forum? I wonder why they stopped coming around? :wowey:

Personally I think its a little embarrassing that there no are NO active female members on this forum

We dont have even 2-3 ? Its something we should be trying to understand and or change....people don't seem that concerned ?

Do we know there are none? I was under the impression there were some women posting on the POE forum that I've never seen here in WOT.

(That's without getting into the whole self-identifying issue with anonymous message boards )

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Remember when their used to be active female members on this forum? I wonder why they stopped coming around? :wowey:

Personally I think its a little embarrassing that there no are NO active female members on this forum

We dont have even 2-3 ? Its something we should be trying to understand and or change....people don't seem that concerned ?

Do we know there are none? I was under the impression there were some women posting on the POE forum that I've never seen here in WOT.

(That's without getting into the whole self-identifying issue with anonymous message boards )

You probably right...maybe our female members actually post in other sections

Remember Squeaky cat? She was cool 

Yea... you kinda are. All 2nd and 3rd wave 'feminists', SJWs and 'White Knights' are. ;)

Well as I have said on numerous occasions I don't really support " Internet SJ "much anymore  and  terms like " SJWs and 'White Knights "  exist primarily on the Internet...I don't see them as that significant or meaningful when it comes to addressing real issues. These words are more divisive 

My SJ efforts are more based in RL issues and issues directly relevant to South Africa and the African continent 

John Milton 

Yet you are saying that we should accept increased rape rates? I've shown a couple of your posts to my feemale friend (although she probably has more balls than most men - motorcycling, kite surfing business woman) and she literally called that you must be some whiny p-sy and should get slapped in the face for the comment about accepting higher rape rates

Yet you are saying that we should accept increased rape rates? I've shown a couple of your posts to my feemale friend (although she probably has more balls than most men - motorcycling, kite surfing business woman) and she literally called that you must be some whiny p-sy and should get slapped in the face for the comment about accepting higher rape rates

You have misunderstood my point about increased crime in the EU due to refugees

I am simply stating the facts, some  crime will increase to a certain degree in the EU due to some of the actions of   the refugees. This is already the reality, I'm not sure why you have an issue with the actual crime statistics?

But this doesn't mean the EU will now collapse or that the foundation of the EU will become undermined due to " Islamization" 

Edited by BruceVC

John Milton 

Are you all talking about the whole forum or just Way Off-Topic? Because there are women posting in other sections. Not many, as usual on a gaming forum, but some exist. There were more earlier in PoE lifetime, but they have since wandered off.

Edited by Rosveen

Are you all talking about the whole forum or just Way Off-Topic? Because there are women posting in other sections. Not many, as usual on a gaming forum, but some exist. There were more earlier in PoE lifetime, but they have since wandered off.

It is failure in our integration policy

You have misunderstood my point about increased crime in the EU due to refugees

I am simply stating the facts, some  crime will increase to a certain degree in the EU due to some of the actions of   the refugees. This is already the reality, I'm not sure why you have an issue with the actual crime statistics?

But this doesn't mean the EU will now collapse or that the foundation of the EU will become undermined due to " Islamization" 

I still cant believe you are not really good troll, your posts always trigger me soo much! You really cant believe that **** you are posting xD

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"