Monk + Cipher + Paladin: because they complement well one another. And Whispers of Treason.

Fighter + Fighter + Paladin: very sturdy, but slowly bringing most of enemies down.

Chanter + Chanter + Chanter: because chanters :)

Edited by MaxQuest
  • Like 1

Monk + Cipher + Paladin: because they complement well one another. And Whispers of Treason.

Fighter + Fighter + Paladin: very sturdy, but slowly bringing most of enemies down.

Monk+Cipher+pally sounds interesting. How would you build ur cipher?

Druid, paladin and ranger for me. Or I might go druid, paladin and chanter. Would be one of those options though.

Or maybe druid,paladin and monk. Yup definitely one of the above....

All though monk, paladin and chanter would rock. But, yeah one of those combos would be great......

Oh hell, who am I kidding.... Druids, rangers, paladins, monks, chanters, barbs and rogues and I'm supposed to pick 3?

Can't choose 6, 3 aint gonna happen....

• Like 1

"Those who look upon gods then say, without even knowing their names, 'He is Fire. She is Dance. He is Destruction. She is Love.' So, to reply to your statement, they do not call themselves gods. Everyone else does, though, everyone who beholds them."
"So they play that on their fascist banjos, eh?"
"You choose the wrong adjective."
"You've already used up all the others.”

Lord of Light

Hmm, probably something like 15/10/15/15/15/8, sabre+shield and switching to dual-wielding when Psychovampiric Shield is up.

Later (when pala would get Reinforcing Exhortation), could ditch the shield altogether, and start with a blunderbuss/pistol opening, buff deflection and switch to dw.

Because chanters rock:

"Those who look upon gods then say, without even knowing their names, 'He is Fire. She is Dance. He is Destruction. She is Love.' So, to reply to your statement, they do not call themselves gods. Everyone else does, though, everyone who beholds them."
"So they play that on their fascist banjos, eh?"
"You choose the wrong adjective."
"You've already used up all the others.”

Lord of Light

With only three guys, a paladin with on-kill-effects like that Kind Wayfarer Healbot who was discussed in this forums might be really nice.

Maybe i will try Dragon Chanter Tank , Melee DPS Wizard ( wizard/rogue anyone ) and damaging heal bot paladin on my next playtrough :D

I started a duo run with PC barbarian and Pallegina on normal, I had to put it on hard eventually because it was too easy. (Tidefall and high INT offensively built barbarian was apparently really OP)

If I was to play these on POTD with another follower I'd probably add a Cipher with Tall Grass

Edited by Dorftek

I've done a full vanilla PotD run with pala, fighter, cipher, the fighter wasn't that good.

The ideal 3 char party is what I'm running thru WM2 right now Pala, Chanter + Cipher.

On Level 15 this party is pretty much unstoppable cause mindweb + DR chant.

Druid, Ranger, Ranger. All same AC/Shift animal type. Maybe theme animal type to player choices for poop's n giggles. Wolves for Aggressive, Stag for Honest, etc... Shock damage being obvious choice.

Very nice. I was thinking of a primal theme with Barbarian, Druid and Ranger. Since both Druid and Ranger can flex between melee and range it gives some nice options.

Three high DR Chanter tanks with the Damage Shield chant and Ancient Memory, Beloved Spirits and Veteran's Recovery and summons are also near to invulnerable. If you time it right, the next fresh damage shield will replace the worn out one, so most of the times grazes just don't get through. Any other damage will get healed instantly by your regeneration. Fights take some time, but you never loose. I cleared Crägholt Bluffs for testing purposes with that setup and only rested once I think. Doesn't  work against dragons, but mobs are without chances.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Three high DR Chanter tanks with the Damage Shield chant and Ancient Memory, Beloved Spirits and Veteran's Recovery and summons are also near to invulnerable. If you time it right, the next fresh damage shield will replace the worn out one, so most of the times grazes just don't get through. Any other damage will get healed instantly by your regeneration. Fights take some time, but you never loose. I cleared Crägholt Bluffs for testing purposes with that setup and only rested once I think. Doesn't  work against dragons, but mobs are without chances.

That's the beauty of my setup it eats mobs and dragons. :p

Not saying you can't beat a dragon with 3 chanters, since you can beat him with 1, but if you switch to another chant you lose survivability.

A mindweb party has 3x paladin defense. The paladin could already beat the dragon on it's own, but specifically the cipher makes a huge difference here, it's basically 1x or a maximum of 2x disintegrates and the dragon is dead.

Yeah - Defensive Mindweb is a bit strong maybe. 

It's strong but I think it's ok. First of all it's a level 15 ability, but my main reason for liking this ability is, it makes playing a tank more accessible for everyone, amny people have problems protecting their squishies and if I fight the monks in WM2 I had to use super cheesy tactics to keep my 3 con 3 res cipher alive which also resulted in me not having acces to the ciphers damage for the first half of the fight.

If I had mindweb they probably wouldn't even have gone for the cipher and if they did it would have been Echo and bye.

I never have this problem fighting other mobs but I have read so often how people struggle with this, so I think it's a great addition to the game.

• Like 1