What tablet will you play on.

Same as the heading. I am especially curious as what the beta testers are playing on. Of course I realise there will be bugs in a beta, especially with the various android tablets..soo many tablets.

Also if anyone was looking to get a tablet for this. I noticed Walmart was selling Galaxy tab 4 for 120 bucks..a good 40 bucks cheaper than Amazon. Most likely I will grab that.

I bought a Nvidia Shield Tablet K1 Specifically to play this game on and I'm loving it!

I have also played the tablet version on my Nexus 6 phone, it plays smooth on that as well. Keep in mind that I was testing the tablet version on my phone, so the UI was a bit small but it played fine otherwise!

• Like 1

I bought a Shield last year because my gaming PC has an Nvidia card and I was interested in the ability to play PC games over my tablet.  It doesn't work that well currently, but on the bright side my tablet is pretty much a digital board game device, so I'm still happy with it.

A chinese Mipad.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Hopefully it will run well on the iPad 4. Its old, but I've had no reason to upgrade it.

I can assure you it does, since I'm running the closed beta on my iPad 4.

That's great! Hopefully it can handle a full 6-player campaign without too much lagging. 

None, I'm gonna wait 'til the Steam release (hmmm, hoping for an announcement on it soon, I'll be playing this with friends for an eternity if there's a release for each path and some modding support to make cards and adventure decks by users possible)

I am quite sure that it will take a guite a lot time untill this is PC/Steam version. If we Are lucky, it will be autum, if we Are not so lucky, the end of the year may be possible, most likely some time 2017.

There has to be a new game mode for online Gaming and new program for the PC and bug hunting for the PC-version. So it will take some time, because Obsidian will Also make online multiplayer version Also to tablets.

So first multiplayer online versions to Android and iOS. Then multiplayer PC version. But They Are definitely going to make the PC version, so that is a good thing. It just will take some time!

@Hannibal_PJV:

Is that conjecture on your part; or is there some definite indication of that timeline? I've only seen a dev mention that the Steam (and smartphone) versions will take a little longer primarily due to having to adjust the UI. 

They do not need to do things from scratch after all. Most of the "hard" work is done already, meaning time-consuming things like creating art assets and a generic rules-system that allows cards to be implemented in the game, and testing that the cards work and interact as intended.

Additionally, if you primarily look at the market segment on tablets you are severely restricting your client base. There aren't that many tablets out there, compared to PCs and smartphones. It looks like poor business sense to not push to increase your client base as soon as possible.

It is a ques because online multiplayer is not ready at this moment, so it will take some time to make it happen in pad platforms. So if we Are lucky and multiplayer is allready in development it can be ready in tablets early in the next autumn and that leads PC release to the autumn. If the online multiplayer is not in development at pad platforms it means that PC version get pushed back even further. But as you say, They want to expand to different platforms as soon as They can.

But. The team is quite small so They have to priorite pads at this moment.

Why are you assuming that we won't get a PC version until after they finish the multiplayer? It's already in Unity which is a universal platform that runs just as well on PC as it does on tablets. So with just a few minor UI tweaks they could turn around very quickly with a PC version. And I can actually say from experience that the tweaks needed to the UI for the game to fit comfortably on a PC screen should be minimal at most.

Ok. I did get impression From the earlier Obsidian post and new that PC-version will come around the same time as online multiplayer. I personally don't have experience about Unity. But if the conversion is easy, it can change things a bit. I was expecting something like 1 month conversion and one month to PC spesofic bug hunt.

Oh I should have been more specific... my experience isn't with programming Unity... it's with having played this game on an android emulator, and seeing that it already fits (more or less) perfectly on a PC monitor. So it shouldn't take all that much tweaking to get it looking right on PC.