No idea re: penetrating shot (but guessing no, since penetrating blast is a thing). Re: the other stuff, yes, blast will apply those effects.

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

That's right. Pen Shot only works for the target you initially hit - NOT for the blast. For that you have Penetrating Blast - it's a special talent. The spell chance implements like Golden Gaze and the new Soulbound-Scepter however also trigger with hits from the blast - which is great.

I'm not sure about the on-crit-effects. I don't think that the blast does prone or stun on crit for example, but maybe I'm wrong. Didn't test that for a while.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Great! Thanks for the info. :) So it all works with blast - besides Penetrating Shot.

Edit: by the way - does the rod cause a proper, regular stun these days or still that affliction that has the name of the weapon and does not debuff like a regular stun?

Edited by Boeroer

Ehm... not entirely. I was more interested in the stat debuffs. But I think it's a hint that now they cause the original stun affliction and not some weird affliction that doesn't work properly. For example the old stun effect on weapons wouldn't cause any stat debuff (and didn't count for sneak attack, that's also true).

We need to test if the weapon stun that allows for sneak attacks is a true stun that debuffs deflection by like 30. Then you can chain stun like you can chain prone with We Toki. That fast flail Starcaller has a stun on crit effect, plus a missile spell proc. Could work well with a Rogue crit machine or a Barb with carnage.

The attack after the first stun is more likely to be a crit - but then stun gets suppressed. So I don't get the point about "fast flail". As long as you're not superslow it should be easy to stunlock enemies. Or what did you mean?

Edited by Boeroer

I just meant that the flail attacked fast enough that you could stunlock someone. With Tall Grass you need a minimum of 8 intellect and I think 16 dex to chain prone, higher intellect lets your dex decrease.

If you were fast enough and the stun was long enough you could maybe get by with a graze and still have enough time to hit again before the stun wore off.

Also I think prone immune is more common than stun immune.

Does a stun applied to a stunned target get suppressed or refreshed?

• 1 month later...

That's right. Pen Shot only works for the target you initially hit - NOT for the blast. For that you have Penetrating Blast - it's a special talent. The spell chance implements like Golden Gaze and the new Soulbound-Scepter however also trigger with hits from the blast - which is great.

I'm not sure about the on-crit-effects. I don't think that the blast does prone or stun on crit for example, but maybe I'm wrong. Didn't test that for a while.

Old(ish) thread I know, but it seemed relevant to anyone interested in blastmaging: I was toying around with it a bit, and (like the Soulbound Scepter dominate effect) it turns out Blast also works with Envenomed Strike. So if the enemy has the decency to bunch up a bit for you to aim at, now you get to poison everyone at once! 

• Like 1

I tried the blast with the rod of pale shades and the puitente med principi(crit proc stun/ prone respectively). It seems that the on crit(stun and prone) affect is applied by both but the disorienting from the rod was not.

post-160710-0-86731000-1463627259_thumb.jpg

post-160710-0-93111100-1463627265_thumb.jpg

Edited by nem0

I tried the blast with the rod of pale shades and the puitente med principi(crit proc stun/ prone respectively). It seems that the on crit(stun and prone) affect is applied by both but the disorienting from the rod was not.

I suspect that the difference might be that the Dominate, crit Stun or Prone and Envenomed Strike are all triggered additional attacks. The Disorienting on the other hand is automatic (right?), it's just a property of the initial attack (like Lashes, which don't carry over to Blasts either). 

Attached by the way also a screenshot of my Envenomed Blast (just because I like saying Envenomed Blast :-) )

post-163298-0-88692000-1463656303_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

As opposed to a recursive cascade of Blasts themselves causing Blasts, you mean? :-D 

Though it's probably for the same reason: the Blast *itself* is automatic, a part of the initial Rod/Wand/Scepter attack that always happens. That by itself would prevent recursive Blasting, they probably didn't need to specifically prevent it in the code. Though of course the Minor Blights do get you a Blast of Blasts type attack because then the 'implement' itself has a radius; or have they fixed that in a recent patch now?