Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice is getting overwhelmingly NEGATIVE reviews

ktchong

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/batman_v_superman_dawn_of_justice/

Based on the overall review score on Rotten Tomatoes and the reviews on YouTube, I will still see it... just not this weekend, or next weekend, or anytime soon.  The movie has just been downgraded from "must see ASAP" to "maybe later".

Two of my three most trusted movie critics on YouTube:

Edited by ktchong

I'm guessing someone wanted to do Dark Knight returns or a similar slant on the story and was shot down by the studio. That's what I saw in the trailer, even down to batman's plate armor style. In Dark Knight Batman is basically Dirty Harry fighting to win no matter the cost, Superman is a 'yes man' taking orders from the president. So they set themselves up for the recreation of one of the best Batman series ever and of course people were disappointed.

I haven't seen it of course, but they were probably too careful in maintaining the image of their prized possessions for anything interesting to come out of it. 

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

We all saw the trailers, right? We knew this was going to happen.

I saw the trailer with Jesse Eisenberg just interjecting himself onto the screen and then just rambling on for a not insignificant amount of time a while back. I was pretty convinced it was going to be garbage after that, but, you know, I could've been wrong.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Zack Snyder made a bad movie. Absolutely shocking.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I wonder how bad it must be that even the "critics" couldn't swallow it.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

They should make a Booster Gold movie  :dancing:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Ben Affleck killed Daredevil. Killing the Batman franchise, now that would be impressive. Anyway Superman always sucked, nostalgia can't change that. 

Actually, sounds like the concensus is that Affleck's Batman is the best thing about this movie.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/batman_v_superman_dawn_of_justice/

Based on the overall review score on Rotten Tomatoes and the reviews on YouTube, I will still see it... just not this weekend, or next weekend, or anytime soon.  The movie has just been downgraded from "must see ASAP" to "maybe later".

The common complaint that I'm reading in the reviews linked at Rotten Tomatoes (and I'm only skimming to avoid spoilers) seems to be that the movie takes itself too seriously in all its broody darkness.

Which was pretty evident from the trailers and Man of Steel, to be honest. Expecting a tonal shift in a sorta-sequel is probably the wrong way to approach the movie, IMO.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Ben Affleck killed Daredevil. Killing the Batman franchise, now that would be impressive. Anyway Superman always sucked, nostalgia can't change that. 

Actually, sounds like the concensus is that Affleck's Batman is the best thing about this movie.

Kind of sad for the guy if this just tanks.  He always got too much credit for Daredevil being terrible, and now he could be front and center as the DC movies go into a tailspin.

• Like 1

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice has just been downgraded from "must see on opening week" to "maybe later". So this is my suggestion if you still want to see the movie.

Disney's live-action The Jungle Book will come out in three weeks on April 15. When The Jungle Book comes out and gets decent reviews, buy the ticket to see that one, and then slip into a theater to see Batman v Superman after the Jungle Book.

Or you can wait another two weeks for Captain America: Civil War on May 6.

Edited by ktchong

I still haven't seen Avengers 2.

You need to rectify that young grasshopper 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

You need to rectify that young grasshopper 

Why?  Haven't you realized that the Hoonding trademark is to be unimpressed by everything?

Oh, and to only write one line zingers.  :p

Edited by Hurlshot

I watched it casually a few weeks ago while it was airing on TV. Was pretty bored to tears - way too many characters doing way too many things at once, way too much constant, pointless-seeming action. Would not recommend it. But then again, superhero movies aren't for me, and similarly, I'm not a Marvel fan, so I wasn't exactly the target audience. :shrugz:

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

I watched it casually a few weeks ago while it was airing on TV. Was pretty bored to tears - way too many characters doing way too many things at once, way too much constant, pointless-seeming action. Would not recommend it. But then again, superhero movies aren't for me, and similarly, I'm not a Marvel fan, so I wasn't exactly the target audience. :shrugz:

I liked the first Avengers movie well enough, but the second left me pretty cold as well.

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."