Where's all the superb armor?

Is it just me, or does anyone else find it strange that the vast majority of the enemies you fight in the White March pt. 2 are all able to kick your ass, but sport tons of "Exceptional" gear? Where's all the superb sets? And I know there's plenty of soul-bound items that can be leveled to superb; but I'm talking about simple, non-buffed plate or leather armor.

I hear what you're saying. I realize that the top tier of armour must be rare, but I find it ridiculous that the only way to make it requires a one-of-a-kind item from the bonus boss. So there can only be one set of superb armour in the world?

With the introduction of "legendary" armour in WM2, I would have reduced the requirements for superb a little.

Edited by Heijoushin

Mind, there are a couple of Superb shirts - Gwisk Glas, from the Vithrak bounty; Vengiatta Rugis from the Adra Dragon's hoard; Wayfarer's Hide, from Flames That Whisper; and Golden Scale, from Cragholdt Bluffs.

So, it's not nothing. Just ... almost nothing.

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

I don't know how complete or accurate this list is.  But according to the official gamepedia wiki, there are only 4 sets of superb armor, plus 1 soulbound armor that can be upgraded to Superb.

The Gwisk Glas green robe, the Vengiatta Rugia red padded armor, the Wayfarer's Hide armor, and the Golden Scales scale armor.  The first two are in the normal PoE content, while the latter two are found in the WM1 content.  The soulbound armor, Ryona's Breastplate, is a WM2 item.

I assume that they chose to not add any more due to the presence of various dragon scales that can be used to upgrade existing non-superb (or greater) armors to those high levels. 

Edited by Crucis