Updated Release Date: April 28

If the rumor is true, it really makes https://twitter.com/Obsidian/status/723217423311233025/photo/1 look dumb and kind of bad. I'll defend any delay of a launch, but communicate for ****'s sake. Don't leave everyone wondering if a report is properly sourced and don't send a conflicting message like that tweet if this is the case.

Edited by trashmyego
  • Like 2

Borrisimo, that's a fair point.

For those of us without web casts, it doesn't matter.

And for all the people that has been adjusting their budget on other games to get get the season pass too.

I don't care if the game comes out in 2017 aso far as it's properly notified to us. The annoying thing is to be provided fake release dates.

Regards.

The app stores update on Thursday the 28th (not the 26th like we thought a while ago).  All indications on our end say we should be available on that date.  

If for some reason we can't be in the app store this Thursday, it would be no later than the following Thursday (Cinco de Mayo).

If something does come up and we aren't coming out on the 28th, we'll let you know (and we'll be on the phones asking Apple/Google, "Why?!")

• Like 4

I really wish one of the devs could at least come on here and confirm if the report is accurate. I think given what's already happened and the assistance that many users on this forum have given them, we deserve more than second hand information based on a tweet to some other random guy on the internet that we have no way to verify.

There is a great saying on the internet: Source, if you/they didn't hear it from us don't trust it until we say something! We'll keep you all updated with accurate info but, we're not going to jump the gun if we're not 100% sure. We like you guys, we'd rather be 100% sure when we say something rather then less then 100% sure.  Seriously, would be worse if we didn't confirm it was going to be changed to the 28th and then suddenly it's up on the 26th! 

• Like 2

Never tell me the odds! I probably wrote them

The app stores update on Thursday the 28th (not the 26th like we thought a while ago).  All indications on our end say we should be available on that date.  

If for some reason we can't be in the app store this Thursday, it would be no later than the following Thursday (Cinco de Mayo).

If something does come up and we aren't coming out on the 28th, we'll let you know (and we'll be on the phones asking Apple/Google, "Why?!")

Not completely correct. Once approved by Apple the developer can release the app on the date/time the developer wants: right away or later, not just on a Thursday.

My Conclusion is that the app has been submitted for approval (when ??) and the waiting is for approval. Then Obsidian can release (at any time Obsidian wants).

So the waiting is for Apple approval  and Obsidian to release

In my experience, your app should be available within hours after publishing to the Play Store. So Android is completely up to you. Apple is the one with the approval process, and even that is getting much faster than it used to be.

Remember, the Hearthstone expansion drops tomorrow. Hard to fault them for pushing the release date back a couple days to give it the floor.

That makes sense...  fortunately, I was able to end my Hearthstone addiction and can spend my time looking forward to pathfinder. :D

Not completely correct. Once approved by Apple the developer can release the app on the date/time the developer wants: right away or later, not just on a Thursday.

My Conclusion is that the app has been submitted for approval (when ??) and the waiting is for approval. Then Obsidian can release (at any time Obsidian wants).

In my experience, your app should be available within hours after publishing to the Play Store. So Android is completely up to you. Apple is the one with the approval process, and even that is getting much faster than it used to be.

Well, Google play does its update every Thursday. So I guess if they want be featured on the front page in the "Newly added + updsted" tab, they have to wait for that day.

• Like 1

Well, Google play does its update every Thursday. So I guess if they want be featured on the front page in the "Newly added + updsted" tab, they have to wait for that day.

I would imagine being featured there would work with a release today or Thursday. :)

I figure they aren't going to release to one without releasing to the other at the same time.

Yeah I mentioned that a page back, it makes sense that they would hold one to release them relatively at the same time.

Just finished the tutorial and Brigandoom!  I picked up on it quickly and have to say I am super impressed so far and barely scratched the surface.   The animations, music, and artwork make it feel very lively.  Congratulations Obsidian team!

• Like 1