Updated Release Date: April 28

Given the invaluable contributions each of you have made during the Beta testing of Pathfinder Adventures, we have news that we wanted to share here first.

We're moving the launch day for Pathfinder Adventures to April 26.

We know many of you are eagerly awaiting the chance to explore Sandpoint and defeat the Runelords, and we're sorry to keep you waiting just a little bit longer.

The good news is why the game is being delayed: during beta testing over the last couple of weeks this community has given us a ton of feedback on everything from visual polish to card balance and general gameplay. We want to evaluate all of the ideas and address as many as possible before launch, and that process is going to take a little bit of time.

Ultimately, we hope you all agree that the result will be a better Pathfinder Adventures, just at a sliiiiightly later date.

• Like 5

Actually, I'd like to know what the annual pass gets you?

Do you mean the season pass? I believe it includes all six adventure decks that make up Rise of the Runelords and all of the characters, including character add-on deck that brings the total up to eleven and maybe additional cards? The physical version's character add-on deck includes extra base items, more class specific items, and extra monsters. This is to allow for additional players, but also to add some more variety to things in the early adventures. I'm not sure how they're handling this and splitting things up, since you can buy the characters individually. Those cards might just automatically be part of the base set now, since they're there to support the additional classes and it would be weird if they weren't there. 

A "season pass" only makes sense if there is an intention to deliver more goods than what is available on release (which is great if that is the case). The question becomes what additional things may be released? The base set and all (11) core classes should be available on release already.

• Like 1

A "season pass" only makes sense if there is an intention to deliver more goods than what is available on release (which is great if that is the case). The question becomes what additional things may be released? The base set and all (11) core classes should be available on release already.

The adventure decks. They're not all being released. It's just the free to play 3-part adventure with two characters that everyone gets, the first adventure deck, and the rest of the characters. That's what's coming with release. There are still five more adventure decks that'll be released over the next few months. I'm not sure about the release schedule or if one has been pinned down.  

For the physical. The base set came with seven characters, the three part intro adventure, and the first adventure deck for Rise of the Runelords. The character add-on deck was also released along side the base set. Since this is technically free to play, they separated the intro adventure and two of the characters as the base thing everyone gets. Everything else will be available for purchase, either separately or through the season pass. The season pass will get you the five remaining adventure decks which make up the Rise of the Runelords adventure path. 

Edited by trashmyego

The adventure decks. They're not all being released. It's just the free to play 3-part adventure with two characters that everyone gets, the first adventure deck, and the rest of the characters. That's what's coming with release. There are still five more adventure decks that'll be released over the next few months. I'm not sure about the release schedule or if one has been pinned down.  

For the physical. The base set came with seven characters, the three part intro adventure, and the first adventure deck for Rise of the Runelords. The character add-on deck was also released along side the base set. Since this is technically free to play, they separated the intro adventure and two of the characters as the base thing everyone gets. Everything else will be available for purchase, either separately or through the season pass. The season pass will get you the five remaining adventure decks which make up the Rise of the Runelords adventure path. 

That's a little different than what I thought I'd read.  Specifically, on release day, you can download *for free* the 3-part adventure (Brigandoom, I think it's called), and have access to Kyra and Merisiel.  Also on release day, you'll be able to buy the first adventure deck, and the other characters, and you'll be able to do that with cash (a la carte or via "season pass"), or by using the free stuff to earn in-app "gold" that can be used in lieu of real money.  Over time, adventure decks 2-6 will become available, and will follow the same rules as the first one.

As I understand it, the benefit to the season pass is that it's cheaper than buying things individually, and you have all the characters available immediately.

I've also read that if you get the season pass, you'll still have a use for the in-app "gold" - treasure chests.  I'm still unclear about how these work.

• Like 1

Its actually possible that the initial release might include at least the first two adventure decks, as those are available in the current version of the beta. Although I freely admit that is partly conjecture, assuming that what is available in the beta will be available at release.

That's a little different than what I thought I'd read.  Specifically, on release day, you can download *for free* the 3-part adventure (Brigandoom, I think it's called), and have access to Kyra and Merisiel.  Also on release day, you'll be able to buy the first adventure deck, and the other characters, and you'll be able to do that with cash (a la carte or via "season pass"), or by using the free stuff to earn in-app "gold" that can be used in lieu of real money.  Over time, adventure decks 2-6 will become available, and will follow the same rules as the first one.

As I understand it, the benefit to the season pass is that it's cheaper than buying things individually, and you have all the characters available immediately.

I've also read that if you get the season pass, you'll still have a use for the in-app "gold" - treasure chests.  I'm still unclear about how these work.

Huh? How is this any different from what I said?

@trashmyego - I thought you were saying that the first adventure deck came with the intro adventure, like it did with the physical set.  Also, I thought that the additional characters came as part of the season pass.  My mistake!  :)

@trashmyego - I thought you were saying that the first adventure deck came with the intro adventure, like it did with the physical set.  Also, I thought that the additional characters came as part of the season pass.  My mistake!   :)

The additional characters will be part of the season pass. That post was a response to trashcondor about why it was considered a season pass, specifying what wont be available at release. It wasn't all that well written, my bad. I was trying to shed light into the release structure compared to how the physical versions have been released.    

Given the invaluable contributions each of you have made during the Beta testing of Pathfinder Adventures, we have news that we wanted to share here first.

I appreciate the update, but wouldn't this be exactly the kind of thing that should go out in a news letter? I'm only here after mashing refresh in the app store for an hour this morning because your news letter said to.

Just a thought.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there ⚡

While Big Trouble in Little China and Spaceballs are great films what does this have to do with the imminent release date?

A. Is it now, then, soon?

B. Are we now or will we soon be travelling at Ludicrous Speed?

C. Are we now or will we soon, Shake the Pillars of Heaven?

D. Will Kurt Russell host the launch stream of Pathfinder Adventures on Twitch

E. All of the above

If there was ever a Pathfinder movies I always imagined that Valeros would be played by Kurt Russell

Acceptable answers include words and/or GIFs

Thanks

Hey there ⚡

While Big Trouble in Little China and Spaceballs are great films what does this have to do with the imminent release date?

A. Is it now, then, soon?

B. Are we now or will we soon be travelling at Ludicrous Speed?

C. Are we now or will we soon, Shake the Pillars of Heaven?

D. Will Kurt Russell host the launch stream of Pathfinder Adventures on Twitch

E. All of the above

If there was ever a Pathfinder movies I always imagined that Valeros would be played by Kurt Russell

Acceptable answers include words and/or GIFs

Thanks

latest-soon-gif-658.gif

• Like 1

Never tell me the odds! I probably wrote them