Updated Release Date: April 26

Stuart Roch

Question

Given the invaluable contributions each of you have made during the Beta testing of Pathfinder Adventures, we have news that we wanted to share here first.

We're moving the launch day for Pathfinder Adventures to April 26.

We know many of you are eagerly awaiting the chance to explore Sandpoint and defeat the Runelords, and we're sorry to keep you waiting just a little bit longer.

The good news is why the game is being delayed: during beta testing over the last couple of weeks this community has given us a ton of feedback on everything from visual polish to card balance and general gameplay. We want to evaluate all of the ideas and address as many as possible before launch, and that process is going to take a little bit of time.

Ultimately, we hope you all agree that the result will be a better Pathfinder Adventures, just at a sliiiiightly later date.

• Like 4

21 answers to this question

Yes, I am heartbroken to wait 4 more weeks, but years from now, when we're all playing Mummy's Mask on our hologram TVs, we're not gonna care about those 4 extra weeks back in 2016 that we waited for the dev team to finish the game.

Looking forward to build 3! :)

• Like 1

Actually great to hear that the developers are going to take the time to compile all this feedback and make this game even better!

In the meantime, do developers want more targeted testing?

Speaking as a beta tester who has played this game a fair bit, I'm finally at the point where I am slightly more subdued on the new shininess and willing to do some more repetitive things instead of just experiencing the game as much as I could and reporting bugs as I find them.

I know that higher difficulty levels and the random powers is something that needs additional testing and also has balancing concerns. Anything else?

• Like 1

I was thinking about my "please don't release this as early as you planned because [a, b, c, d]" post all the way home from work today.

I'm pretty sure this announcement was just a pre-emptive strike against my diatribe.

Well played

(and seriously, thank you for taking the lesser of two evils here).

• Like 4

I can only echo the sentiments here about my views on the appropriateness of this decision. And if there are specific things or situations that need a thorough running through, please let us know. I know nimoyfish and I aren't the only ones ready to jump through some hoops to help y'all make this a knockout finished product.

• Like 1

We really appreciate all the aspects of the game you folks are testing.  

Our biggest targets for Beta 3 will be looking for issues with logging in, Quest Mode (now with more "done" than ever!) and, of course, the Store.

We don't want players having an issue that happens right from the launch of the game, nor from a new but only recently implemented feature, and we definitely don't want anyone who paid for something to receive the wrong object.

Soooooon...

• Like 2

Why are you needing to spend more time on card balance? Isn't this like 99% a direct port of the existing card game?

The wildcard powers for heroic and legendary difficulty are new, as are the cards found in chests.

Quest mode as well!

• Like 1

Can we get a definitive list of which features are targeted for April 26, so we don't suffer from indefinite scope creep?

It's frustrating to see a delay announced, and then developers mention that they fixed lots of bugs with Quest Mode, which is a totally new/optional feature from the physical game.

Speaking as a beta tester, I think this thread is slanted a little.

I think the biggest reason there is a delay is that there are certain bugs that cannot exist in the released product. I know of at least three known issues that I would be incredibly surprised if they were completely squashed in one more release.

Quest Mode is actually a great testing bed to future proof this game. Games like these are incredibly difficult to build correctly because of future cards. Almost always, a new card will come along that breaks the rules, which is easy enough to do in a physical game with a human brain figuring out what that means. By that I mean, at least you can continue playing the game (although there's usually a good chance you are playing it wrong somewhere). For a computer game, this is a nightmare. Quest mode puts random cards together with random wild powers, which is good for testing. Fixing things for quest mode IS fixing the game.

• Like 3