Things I really enjoy about this game

Ebee

Question

As the beta comes to a close, I wanted to take a moment to mention all the things I've really enjoyed in playing the tablet game.  For the last two years, Pathfinder has taken over much of my free time.  From the Card Game to the RPG, I dedicate a lot of time to Pathfinder.  When I heard about the tablet game, I knew it would just be another of my Pathfinder Collections.  I don't know what expectations I had coming into the game but I was blown away from the beginning.

One of my favorite features is the addition of the map.  I love being able to see where the locations fit into the towns of Sandpoint and Magnimar.  As someone who started with the card game of Rise of the Runelords, then my first RPG was Rise of the Runelords.  RotR holds a special place in my heart.  I also love seeing the spell effects when doing damage either from Monsters or to monsters.  It's nice that it's just not a normal check when I use Electricity but you can actually see the Electricity covering the monster. 

Thank you once again for creating this product and providing yet another venue for my addiction of gaming!  I'm excited to see what else is coming out and I'm ready to see the Hook Mountain in all its glory. 

• Like 6

8 answers to this question

Adding on:

The dialog is a fantastic addition. It makes me want to play solo characters just so I can see all the different dialogs that have been written.

Honestly, the digital game is a great rules reference as well. I have definitely misused armors and shields or two items in the same check just because I think it would work that way instead of reading the cards carefully.

The added difficultly levels are great for replayability. The movement restrictions is a beautiful added layer of strategy to the game. I'm still hoping that it can be added without the 2 random powers: some combinations are downright mean.

• Like 2

My husband and I have started replaying our box set Rotr and we take the tablet with us to play at dinner and such. I have definitely started using the tablet as my rules version

• Like 1

I ditto everything above and want to add on:

Quest mode.  I love getting random scenarios with various locations, henchmen, villains and such all mixed up.  It adds a lot of replay for those that played the heck out of RoTR  card game.  It also adds a fun challenge as you can't anticipate what is coming next.  

• Like 2

I ditto everything above and want to add on:

Quest mode.  I love getting random scenarios with various locations, henchmen, villains and such all mixed up.  It adds a lot of replay for those that played the heck out of RoTR  card game.  It also adds a fun challenge as you can't anticipate what is coming next.  

Quest mode is what I am really looking forward to here. I love being able to play the game again in a digital format and I being able to try out different parties and builds that would have been hard to do with my box at home. Quest mode really mixes it up and I can't spoil too much but we have some really cool things planned for Quest mode.

Also keep it coming, knowing what you guys don't like and what you do like really helps us and I love reading about things people like!

I love not having to shuffle the location decks together.

I like being able to have all of my decks kept track of without having to rebuild the base box every time.

I love just how QUICKLY I can play a game.

I've been a long-time fan of the card game, having played in all three campaigns so far and I love what Obsidian is doing.

• Like 2

I love not having to shuffle the location decks together.

I like being able to have all of my decks kept track of without having to rebuild the base box every time.

I love just how QUICKLY I can play a game.

I've been a long-time fan of the card game, having played in all three campaigns so far and I love what Obsidian is doing.

My friend and I were talking about this tonight just how fast we can do a scenario.

• Like 1

I had not played Rise of the Runelords prior to the app. Honestly several people had recommended not playing it  and to stick with later releases.  After playing the app I am very interested in trying it.  As to the app itself I love the convenience and speed I can set up and play a round anywhere.

• Like 1