Daisy Ridley [Rey in Stars Wars] Confirms Talks To Play Lara Croft in 'Tomb Raider' Reboot

ktchong

Daisy Ridley has confirmed that she has been in talks to star in the Tomb Raider reboot.

“I’m waiting for someone to say ‘I want you, let’s do it',” she said, ...

Although currently filming the 8th episode of Star Wars, Ridley said she would have time to take the additional role given the opportunity. “Absolutely, I’m trying to fill up my calendar,” she said.

Ridley’s co-star John Boyega [who played Finn in Star Wars: The Force Awakens] ... admitted that he himself had eyed Ridley to play the iconic archeologist-adventurer.

“I played Tomb Raider the game, it’s a new take and I think the movies are going to be based on that version,” he told THR. “But I texted Daisy [and] was like, ‘this is you!’ and ‘you need to get on that because you could be Lara Croft.’ She should be."

Source: The Hollywood Reporter: Daisy Ridley Confirms Talks About Playing Lara Croft in 'Tomb Raider' Reboot - 3/21/2016

tomb-rider-daisy-ridley-pourrait-bien-in

Edited by ktchong
  • Like 1

*Yawn*, next.

If only someone could bury this franchise out of the reach of any corporate tomb raiders, we could all count ourselves blessed.

Preferably next to Agent 47, Solid Snake and all the other festering corpses still held together by profit necromancy.

• Like 1

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

*Yawn*, next.

If only someone could bury this franchise out of the reach of any corporate tomb raiders, we could all count ourselves blessed.

Preferably next to Agent 47, Solid Snake and all the other festering corpses still held together by profit necromancy.

Not if Christopher Nolan or James Cameron could take the director's chair. Also, good writer is really needed for this movie to succeed.

*Yawn*, next.

Not if Christopher Nolan or James Cameron could take the director's chair. Also, good writer is really needed for this movie to succeed.

Am not sure how good writing could save the fundamental premise from sucking. Granted, I never liked Indiana Jones either.

I was expecting someone more...hmmm...well equipped for the role.

I think reboot Lara didn't have basketball-sized boobs.

I also think the actress looks a bit... well... soft for the role, but it's not like I'm the target audience.

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

Yeah, but Lara Croft looks too soft for the role, too. :p

P.S. I'm not a Tomb Raider (or Star Wars) fan, so it makes little difference to me.

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Am not sure how good writing could save the fundamental premise from sucking. Granted, I never liked Indiana Jones either.

You are dead to me.  

indiana jones and lara croft is a bit different... though we has always thought that lucas didn't genuine understand the appeal of indiana jones.  honest.  lucas seemed to believe that indiana jones were camp.  the character and movies were intended as a tongue-in-cheek homage to the b-movie adventure flicks o' a bygone era. am s'posing that is why so much o' the sequel movie content went over poorly with fans.  stuff that lucas thought were campy fun, such as short round and aliens in south america, typical didn't go over quite as well with audiences.  raiders of the lost ark were 'posed to be camp.  for Gromnir, it wasn't.  oh sure, there were moments o' humor in indiana jones, but perhaps we were too young to realize that we weren't s'posed to take indiana jones and nazis searching for magical treasures in the deserts o' north africa with any degree o' seriousness. 

we don't know lara croft as we has never actual played the games, but to an outsider, the appeal o' the character would seem to be different. to us, lara croft were not so much trying to replicate the appeal o' indiana jones so much as it were trying to one-up pitfall harry.

as to daisy being too soft for the role, we will observe that linda hamilton were far more soft before the second terminator film.

http://www.writeups.org/img/inset/Sarah_Connor_h1.jpg

compared to 

https://s2.graphiq.com/sites/default/files/7522/media/images/t2/The_Terminator_6828440.jpg

or

http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMzUzMjE4MDE2M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTU2NjU0MQ@@._V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg

am s'posing that the actress transformations o' linda hamilton and jessica biel from too soft is why we is so disappointed with gal gadot's wonder woman efforts.  even so, is no reason to believe daisy can't be hard... if that is the direction intended for the character.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

• 3 weeks later...

Daisy Ridley has confirmed that she has been in talks to star in the Tomb Raider reboot.

“I’m waiting for someone to say ‘I want you, let’s do it',” she said, ...

Although currently filming the 8th episode of Star Wars, Ridley said she would have time to take the additional role given the opportunity. “Absolutely, I’m trying to fill up my calendar,” she said.

Ridley’s co-star John Boyega [who played Finn in Star Wars: The Force Awakens] ... admitted that he himself had eyed Ridley to play the iconic archeologist-adventurer.

“I played Tomb Raider the game, it’s a new take and I think the movies are going to be based on that version,” he told THR. “But I texted Daisy [and] was like, ‘this is you!’ and ‘you need to get on that because you could be Lara Croft.’ She should be."

Source: The Hollywood Reporter: Daisy Ridley Confirms Talks About Playing Lara Croft in 'Tomb Raider' Reboot - 3/21/2016

tomb-rider-daisy-ridley-pourrait-bien-in

OMG, what do we have to do to make this happen, would be SOOOOOO worth it! This is the best idea since...Rogue One !

Obsidian wrote:

​"those scummy backers, we're going to screw them over by giving them their game on the release date. That'll show those bastards!" 

Now we know what's going on...

I was expecting someone more...hmmm...well equipped for the role.

Agreed. Flat-chested posers with little to no hips, begone.

Indiana Jones is the transcendental sense of heroism, discovery and adventure, which rings true to anyone who has been a young boy. Do you hate heroes?

• Like 2

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Indiana Jones is the transcendental sense of heroism, discovery and adventure, which rings true to anyone who has been a young boy. Do you hate heroes?

I always found it easier to identify with the morally grey outsiders, really   :lol:

• Like 1

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

I always found it easier to identify with the morally grey outsiders, really   :lol:

So, Bobba Fett huh?

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

So, Bobba Fett huh?

More like your generic Le Carré protagonist, really.

She seems a good fit for the new version of Tomb Raider. It's a video game movie so I'm really invested though.

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.