Brussels Airport Explosions

BruceVC

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/03/22/europe/brussels-explosions/index.html

This extremely concerning development needs its own thread

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/03/22/europe/brussels-explosions/index.html

This extremely concerning development needs its own thread

Western "ally" can be involved in this.

https://www.rt.com/news/336170-erdogan-europe-terror-kurds/

Europe is “dancing in a minefield” by directly or indirectly supporting terrorist groups, Erdogan said at commemoration of the 101st anniversary of the Battle of Gallipoli in the coastal town of Canakkale.

“There is no reason why the bomb that exploded in Ankara cannot explode in Brussels, in any other European city," he stressed, refereeing to last weeks blast, which took 37 lives and was claimed by a radical Kurdish group.

Really, if he can bomb own civilians in Ankara for staying on Throne, why he can't do same things in Europe?

10 dead and  30 wounded so far

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Why own thread? seems perfectly fine to have it in europe refugee crisis, or do someone think that this was part of Easter celebration? :/

• Like 1

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Why own thread? seems perfectly fine to have it in europe refugee crisis, or do someone think that this was part of Easter celebration? :/

We dont know if it has anything to do with Syrian refugees....its more than likely ISIS related

John Milton 

We dont know if it has anything to do with Syrian refugees....its more than likely ISIS related

uhh, did Charlie Hebdo was related to ISIS? did any bombing in EU in last few years been done by ISIS?

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

20 confirmed dead now.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

uhh, did Charlie Hebdo was related to ISIS? did any bombing in EU in last few years been done by ISIS?

No Hebdo was Al-Qaeda linked, the Paris attacks was ISIS related

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/01/26/world/isis-attacks-europe/

Do you not think ISIS uses suicide bombers or plant bombs?

John Milton 

I'm curious as to what constitutes a win scenario for the bombers. They must have a strategy. Perhaps they think European ground forces in Syria would lead to a favorable outcome. That would make it easier to sell the whole race/culture war.  Maybe they want muslims and immgrants in Europe to experience more discrimination, escalating internal unrest. 

Maybe they just forgot why along the way. 

• Like 1

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

It's the same thing that has been happened before, screenshot below related:

ORjyqBx.png

• Like 1

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

seems like its all related to islam to me, but again, i might be wrong. My boss for example is muslim, yet he is against this massive immigration because people in that wave are nutjobs from middle ages unnable to grasp difference between holy texts and reality and will greatly harm view on these muslims which worked hard to get there and co-exist peacefully. Closing eyes on these issues is just fueling extremists on both sides. Anyone with basic understanding of physics will tell you that action will cause reaction.

I'm curious as to what constitutes a win scenario for the bombers. They must have a strategy. Perhaps they think European ground forces in Syria would lead to a favorable outcome. That would make it easier to sell the whole race/culture war.  Maybe they want muslims and immgrants in Europe to experience more discrimination, escalating internal unrest. 

Maybe people who volunteer to blow themselves up are just...fukn dumb.

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

seems like its all related to islam to me, but again, i might be wrong. My boss for example is muslim, yet he is against this massive immigration because people in that wave are nutjobs from middle ages unnable to grasp difference between holy texts and reality and will greatly harm view on these muslims which worked hard to get there and co-exist peacefully. Closing eyes on these issues is just fueling extremists on both sides. Anyone with basic understanding of physics will tell you that action will cause reaction.

Yes it is related to Islam, of course it is. But its related to extremist\fundamentalist  Islam which represents a small percentage of Muslims globally

John Milton 

Yes it is related to Islam, of course it is. But its related to extremist\fundamentalist  Islam which represents a small percentage of Muslims globally

how small percentage of 3, 000, 000, 000 of people? How is fundamental islam different to 'non-fundamental'? How many Nazis actually were in SS? was is small percentage?

Maybe they want muslims and immgrants in Europe to experience more discrimination, escalating internal unrest. 

This is a pretty clear objective.  Terrorists aren't on the side of Muslim immigrants.  

Any country in the EU would be a  legitimate target for them as the EU is considered part of the West and its much easier for them to operate in countries like Belgium and France because of the general frustration that exists in some sectors of the domestic Muslim community

So this is just them lashing out at the West in anyway they can, its not about substantive changes to politics or laws. Its just about spreading chaos in the EU

Edited by BruceVC

John Milton 

Any country in the EU would be a  legitimate target for them as the EU is considered part of the West and its much easier for them to operate in countries like Belgium and France because of the general frustration that exists in some sectors of the domestic Muslim community

So this is just them lashing out at the West in anyway they can, its not about substantive changes to politics or laws. Its just about spreading chaos in the EU

There would not be problem if major muslim population would not cover these extremists

There would not be problem if major muslim population would not cover these extremists

I'm not with you? What do you mean

John Milton 

Well there was many terror attacks in EU, do you really think that no-one from muslim community didnt noticed that someone is hoarding weapons. explosives etc in muslim ghettos? Do you really believe that any of these so called  'non-fundamental' muslims was not involved? that they dont speak to each other from time to time? Do you believe that there was 5 guys moved in, not talk to anyone, yet get their hands on tons of weapons and ammo without any connections?

Yeah I mean it should be easy for an incredibly large, ethnically and culturally diverse population, to unite against extremism.   :blink:

• Like 1

He's probably referring to the fact that one of the Paris attackers was able to hide in the very same neighbourhood in Brussels until yesterday. The problem is systematic through the major cities in Europe and it will not get any better soon as long as the same policies are in action.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

gonna watch REMOVE KEBAB infinite loop rest of the day

whats funny if i still worked in New Mecca i would've been caught in one of those blasts

Didn't even know that meme. Turns out its Serbian :D

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.