Gawker found guilty in Hogan Case

BruceVC

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/22/business/media/hulk-hogan-damages-25-million-gawker-case.html?_r=0

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/19/business/media/gawker-hulk-hogan-verdict.html

So Gawker has been found guilty and has to pay about $140 million in compensation for that Hogan sex video they leaked

It seems extreme? I'm not sure if Gawker can afford this.....GG supporters will be happy :)

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Gawker will not afford it, and will have to look for external funding. Personally i hope that this will spark a fire that will burn down the rest of yellow media. That being said, seing some justice for one of my childhood heroes is a sign from above that the times are about to get better again.

• Like 3

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Didn't read the articles, so don't know if it says it, but supposedly Gawker Media is only worth 89 million. So this is pretty devastating for Gawker.

• Like 1
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Gawker will not afford it, and will have to look for external funding. Personally i hope that this will spark a fire that will burn down the rest of yellow media. That being said, seing some justice for one of my childhood heroes is a sign from above that the times are about to get better again.

But does it not concern you that if Gawker goes under so will its affiliates....I thought we liked the idea of a free media where we get different views on topics even if we dont agree with it?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I liked your post. But liking it wasn't enough. I need to quote it too. For truth, for epicness, for awesomeness, for all the Hulkamaniacs out there!

Also, in case 3:26 isn't enough for anyone reading this as it wasn't enough for me:

• Like 1

But does it not concern you that if Gawker goes under so will its affiliates....I thought we liked the idea of a free media where we get different views on topics even if we dont agree with it?

Gawker is pure dung, as are most if not all of it's affiliates. I'm not even not remotely concerned it will go under, I hope it does (it probably won't).

Being concerned about Gawker going under insofar as any kind of supportive of free media argument is like being concerned about a roach infested dunghole of a restaurant that's repeatedly epicly failed health inspections, finally going out of business because it lost a lawsuit brought by a customer who ate their food, became deathly ill to the point they lost their livelihood as a result, suffered irreparable long term damage to their body, and the owners were not only unrepentant they argued they had a right to serve such unhealthy dung. That's a business that deserves to die.

They conducted themselves in a highly evil manner and got justly smitten.

gawkermen1.jpg

gawkeromwne1.jpg

It's about the modern equivalence of the whore of Babylon facing justice.

• Like 1

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

140 million, that's a lifetime of VIP access to strip clubs eh Bruce?

Of course but the 140 million should be used more constructively than just going to strip clubs?

John Milton 

Of course but the 140 million should be used more constructively than just going to strip clubs?

Cocaine and a steady diet of sugarbabies come with a $140 mil VIP access to strip clubs all over the world. What's more constructive than that?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z49bfaXGX78

• Like 3

Cocaine and a steady diet of sugarbabies come with a $140 mil VIP access to strip clubs all over the world. What's more constructive than that?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z49bfaXGX78

:lol:

John Milton 

yellow media

Umm... what?

I meant https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yellow_journalism

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

It seems extreme? I'm not sure if Gawker can afford this.....GG supporters will be happy :)

You're a strange man to show compassion for a faceless corporation that makes money off of gossiping about people's private lives and blatantly violating the law in the most shameless manner possible, part of which I assure you helped to influence the judge to give them such a strong sentence. A defendant who shows remorse over their actions or that seems to have made an honest mistake...? That's a defendant who doesn't benefit much from excess punishment. A defendant who practically taunts the person they've offended as well as mocking the legal system? Better ****ing believe that judge is gonna bitchslap the crap out of that defendant with the largest punishment possible. They brought that much upon themselves.

But here you are showing sympathy for a faceless corporation whose business it was to sell rumors and gossip, yet you don't see the hypocrisy of paying for sex workers while condemning the practice of sex work, thereby objectively not offering the "sympathies" you claim to want to offer those people by supporting the very system they're a part of.

Ya ok.

• Like 1

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

You're a strange man to show compassion for a faceless corporation that makes money off of gossiping about people's private lives and blatantly violating the law in the most shameless manner possible, part of which I assure you helped to influence the judge to give them such a strong sentence. A defendant who shows remorse over their actions or that seems to have made an honest mistake...? That's a defendant who doesn't benefit much from excess punishment. A defendant who practically taunts the person they've offended as well as mocking the legal system? Better ****ing believe that judge is gonna bitchslap the crap out of that defendant with the largest punishment possible. They brought that much upon themselves.

But here you are showing sympathy for a faceless corporation whose business it was to sell rumors and gossip, yet you don't see the hypocrisy of paying for sex workers while condemning the practice of sex work, thereby objectively not offering the "sympathies" you claim to want to offer those people by supporting the very system they're a part of.

Ya ok.

You seem mad? I have never condemned the sex industry...what you talking about. I said you need to legalize it.

I do feel some sympathy for Gawker because I dont want them to close down as  I dont like the idea of people losing there jobs, yes I don't like the idea of families now perhaps having no one to bring in income...its possible this could lead to real unhappiness amongst the staff at Gawker. You dont feel anything for people like cleaners, admin staff, PA and people who work at Gawker but have no influence on  " whether the Hogan video should be published" ....in your world everyone is guilty right LK?

You need to work on your assessments of people, they horribly inaccurate  :teehee:

John Milton 

I dont like the idea of people losing there jobs, yes I don't like the idea of families now perhaps having no one to bring in income...its possible this could lead to real unhappiness amongst the staff at Gawker. 

No seeing how this is any different from people losing their jobs for insensitive comments.

I mean, making that video public is a much more serious violation than posting stupid **** on social media, something which people have been fired for.

• Like 1

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

I dont like the idea of people losing there jobs, yes I don't like the idea of families now perhaps having no one to bring in income...its possible this could lead to real unhappiness amongst the staff at Gawker. 

No seeing how this is any different from people losing their jobs for insensitive comments.

I mean, making that video public is a much more serious violation than posting stupid **** on social media, something which people have been fired for.

Yes but then fire the people at the company or  make the fine targeted to certain people at Gawker...but this could close the entire company down and people who have nothing to do with editing  articles or selecting what is suitable or legal will lose there jobs 

It doesn't seem fair 

Edited by BruceVC

John Milton 

Yes but then fire the people at the company or  make the fine targeted to certain people at Gawker...but this could close the entire company down and people who have nothing to do with editing  articles or selecting what is suitable or legal will lose there jobs 

It doesn't seem fair 

I'm sure the people who had nothing to do with the very thing that caused the problem in the first place will find gainful employment somewhere else.

As for the others...

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

Dont forget to throw out the baby with the bathwater.

Don't forget to make snidely passive-agressive comments that illuminate nothing about the particulars of your complaint.

" :lol: "

Edited by aluminiumtrioxid

Dont forget to throw out the baby with the bathwater.

Don't forget to make snidely passive-agressive comments that illuminate nothing about the particulars of your complaint.

" :lol: "

I think he is saying its an overreaction to close Gawker down ...which may happen due to the  large fine imposed on them?

John Milton 

I think he is saying its an overreaction to close Gawker down ...which may happen due to the  large fine imposed on them?

Which I wasn't debating.

I pointed out that you were mighty fine with people losing their jobs over comments made on social media, and I don't see much difference between that and this.