Games - not politics

My bad, I often cant tell the difference :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

1471726025158833173.jpg
LOL

Burned arses of political correct Murikans please us also. Their mistake - they trying be imaginary good cops from Murican propagandistic movies.
https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/08/16/this-is-the-police-impressions/

Meanwhile in Russian internets everyone happy to be a bad corrupt (and successfull) "law" enforcers.  Sadly because of high level of Western censorship social realism is mostly banned in games. We can remember ****storm after this announce, though devs just do want tell truth about how rich become rich (and how Modern Western elites take power).
http://youtu.be/9HsVK92ep0U

Actually even political correct (where you not play role of bad guy), but realistic edacutional game can cause butthurt of Murikans 
http://rafranzdavis.com/slave-simulation-an-edtech-game-for-classrooms/

Thank you for this article and for alerting the edtech community to this epic fail. I agree with Sabrina, attempts to create simulations or even role playing around these issues requires serious forethought and extensive communication with those affected.

Thank you so much for exploring and writing about this software. If I, a white woman, feel like I need a shower after reading your article, I can only begin to imagine how infuriating that must have been. It’s not right you should have had to spend your time, effort, and mental and emotional energy that way, but I thank you for making the world a better place for all of our students and children… again!

I am going to send an email to my district’s equity team to alert them to this situation. I’d like to hope no one in our district is using it, but it would be good to be sure, and I can also hope that they could join me in letting Mission US know this is unacceptable.

painting-chains-gold.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
I suddenly realised how much I missed the good old 8 and 16 bit computer gaming days (when game play and ideas were priorities) :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Those sprites look absolutely incredible. Gameplay is still an unknown, but man, the graphics are stunning enough to make me keep my eye on it.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Mistakes are not allowed because the score is ruled by permadeath.
:yucky:

Interesting, though, is that it appears to be the permadeath of that world itself.  The Core ressurects the player in a new-world, starting the player from the beginning.  What's unclear to me is if the player starts over or if the player carries over stats (I can understand items being lost with the old world).

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I mean...they mention it having "roguelike" gameplay elements, what did you expect? :p

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Well in a normal Roguelike, I'd expect the world and the character to start over.  What I can't tell in this case is if the character is completely starting over or not (since, in theory, the same entity should be brought forth each realm).  My guess is "yes" but it'd be kind of neat if you did carry over something from the old world.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man