I'm wondering, with your characters, which quickslot items end up being used the most?

To my surprice, I don't remember the last time I've actually used healing potions. Yet, those were an undisputed number one back in Baldurs Gate.

Edited by Magnificate

I solo mostly, so figurines are my go to. I like how they are not "used up" when used. Near the end, I switch to the +50% speed potions, mainly for the big, boss fights so I can switch to a single powerful weapon without recovery penalty, or spam out spells if a caster.

Some people are addicted to the speed potions and use them every battle.

My main problem with the healing potions is that they take action time to drink and don't solve the problem of being surrounded and mauled to death. If I need them, I am usually losing as much health during the time it took to drink one as it restored and am going down regardless. Better strategy is what I really needed, not a healing potion. There used to be times when I didn't -quite- have enough endurance for a battle, but that is no longer an issue with Second Wind.

Edited by Braven

Some people are addicted to the speed potions and use them every battle.

You don't say! I wonder who those might be? :p

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Speed potion, biggest healing one (always useful to avoid dying of attrition), resurrection scrolls.

Scroll of protection against certain afflictions are mandatory for certain encounters if you don't have a priest to cast them.

Scroll in general are awesome to compensate for the lack of casters (moonwell, AoE healing, scroll of defense) or to add versatility to your martial class (missile scrolls with your ranger with penetrating shots, paralysis scrolls for everybody).

Scroll of valor is also mandatory as it provides what no priest can do : +15 base accuracy, which is about 10 accuracy more that any other AoE Acc boost. Stack with devotion of the faithful.

Better to have 1 room for scrolls of valor, than 1 emplacement per character for Eldricht Aim potion.

Finally, void slot is nice too as Nature's bounty will fill it with a very powerful potion.

I'm wondering, with your characters, which quickslot items end up being used the most?

Most used is probably deleterious potion. 

But I also run with lots of scrolls (just-in-case).

Main dps: del.potion, major endurance, scrolls of paralysis, scrolls of revival.

CC dps: del.potion, major endurance, scrolls of paralysis, scrolls of confusion. 

Off dps: del.potion, major endurance, two figurines (no lore on this one)

Sup dps: scrolls of valor, scrolls of revival, scrolls of paralysis, major endurance

Main Tank: figurine, major endurance, llengrath displaced image, scrolls of defense.

Off tank: figurine, major endurance, scrolls of protection, scrolls of revival

As for food/drugs I use them before combat, and than free the slots.

How about these yellow Potions of Recovery or Scrolls of Protection? On paper those two look very versatile, but I often find myself lacking the time to actually drink or read them.

As for scrolls, I tend to give all characters Lore 6 for the express purpose of everyone being able to revive the healers. Lore 8 would be nice, but isn't really feasible with builds. 

Edited by Magnificate

1. Shade Figurine

2. Wood Beetle Figurine

Figurines...

Fan of Flames (against Caed Nua Phantoms)

and then... maybe... something else - sometimes a trap - but mostly no - figurines and FoF scrolls vs the phantoms - thats it for me

My main problem with the healing potions is that they take action time to drink and don't solve the problem of being surrounded and mauled to death. If I need them, I am usually losing as much health during the time it took to drink one as it restored and am going down regardless. Better strategy is what I really needed, not a healing potion. There used to be times when I didn't -quite- have enough endurance for a battle, but that is no longer an issue with Second Wind.

I agree that Second Wind is way better than most (all?) healing potions.

I generally have figurines in the quick slots plus an occasional scroll.