dumping both con and res is it advisable? will the character be so gimped that is hard to play in POTD? planning a stormcaller ranger myself :D. also would be the following a good party composition?

1st companion: Eder early game will switch to Zahua when i get to WM. btw what's best level to go there on POTD? when i go at level 9 the system prompt that i'm overleveled and i tick the option that enemies will scale. Basically i love Eder but already 2 games having him so gotta replace him with Zahua.

2nd companion: Kana. why? because my current PC Chanter is kicking arse and loving him so much.

3rd companion: Pallegina. She's so good that i think i need her on every game.

4th companion: Durance. Only priest in the game and same as Pallegina. Will never have any game without Durance unless i'm priest myself. 

That leaves the 5th companion.. its so hard to decide!!. Aloth? Because no Wizard in my party seems wrong. Hiravias? He's so good that I need him as well on every game. Maneha? Yes because all my PT never has any Barb!. Devil of Carroc? Yes please because i haven't play ANY rogue yet. 

Please help me decide or suggest party composition. Now that i think of it 6 characters are probably not enough :(. That's why Deadfire broke my heart so much.

• Like 1

In this case dumped res and con is preferred to spread the debuff asap and to potentially stunlock enemies. But yes this ranger is kinda glassy and needs to be played at a distance. Also accept that spells if landed will probably knock out the ranger pretty easily (and you probably wanna target those spellcasters first).

I always wanted to play Devil, but unfortunately she is the least accessible of all companions. Her immunity to poison makes for interesting setups though.

Edited by mosspit

In this case dumped res and con is preferred to spread the debuff asap and to potentially stunlock enemies. But yes this ranger is kinda glassy and needs to be played at a distance. Also accept that spells if landed will probably knock out the ranger pretty easily (and you probably wanna target those spellcasters first).

I always wanted to play Devil, but unfortunately she is the least accessible of all companions. Her immunity to poison makes for interesting setups though.

I'm going with the minmax approach. Currently the hitpoints is real bad. Planning on infuse vital essence potion if needed. By the way, any shortcut command binding for pet selection? I want to select the pet with the "Q" key and i can't do so. I tried Ctrl+Q it doesnt work

Heh yeah, I can imagine. Same reason why I personally dont like playing min Con characters. Min Res is still ok if the character has good Endurance regen. Never played such a ranger so I can't comment based on actual play experience but I will guess that enemy archers and poison spells will be the bane of this char.

Well at least the Con reducing effects are less effective as afaik, you can't go to negative Con.

Edited by mosspit

By the way, any shortcut command binding for pet selection? I want to select the pet with the "Q" key and i can't do so. I tried Ctrl+Q it doesnt work

For me on the PC, I can highlight the pet and "Ctrl 7" if it is a 6man party. Press 7 again will select the pet. Technically 8,9,0 should work but I never tried those.

• Like 1

By the way, any shortcut command binding for pet selection? I want to select the pet with the "Q" key and i can't do so. I tried Ctrl+Q it doesnt work

For me on the PC, I can highlight the pet and "Ctrl 7" if it is a 6man party. Press 7 again will select the pet. Technically 8,9,0 should work but I never tried those.

Thanks!. Yeah i'm using 7 now for my pet. I hope we have more key bindings and shortcut for Deadfire!

Please help me decide or suggest party composition. Now that i think of it 6 characters are probably not enough :(. That's why Deadfire broke my heart so much.

Agreed. I am still bummed about that decision.

Very useful if I ever play a Ranger.

Currently level 6. Loving the Ranger much more now :).  Playing a bit different. Kana as main tank with the bouncing heal that's so nice. Didn't take paralyze as it's only 11secs but i've used it before on my other Dragon Thrashed chanter. Seems like Durance is a good tank. He has high concentration, and resolve. Making him the off-tank. With shield and giving him Fine scale mail, with consecrated ground he's and Kana having shod-of-faith too.

Microing the pet a little to reach enemy nukers and ranngers. Quite fun for a change!. I used to dislike Ranger. I think multi-classing ranger is much more important in Deadfire seeing that we are missing 1 character slot now.

Btw, the bouncing heal is it exclusive to Kana only? I didn't recall i see that for my Main Character chanter. Btw. all my PT are POTD thanks to senpai Boroer :D

Edited by Archaven
  • Like 1

Currently level 6. Loving the Ranger much more now :).  Playing a bit different. Kana as main tank with the bouncing heal that's so nice. Didn't take paralyze as it's only 11secs but i've used it before on my other Dragon Thrashed chanter. Seems like Durance is a good tank. He has high concentration, and resolve. Making him the off-tank. With shield and giving him Fine scale mail, with consecrated ground he's and Kana having shod-of-faith too.

Microing the pet a little to reach enemy nukers and ranngers. Quite fun for a change!. I used to dislike Ranger. I think multi-classing ranger is much more important in Deadfire seeing that we are missing 1 character slot now.

Btw, the bouncing heal is it exclusive to Kana only? I didn't recall i see that for my Main Character chanter. Btw. all my PT are POTD thanks to senpai Boroer :D

Huh, bouncing heal? What's that? I never used in-game companions...

Btw, the bouncing heal is it exclusive to Kana only? I didn't recall i see that for my Main Character chanter.

I believe that you are talking about the 2nd level invocation, Rejoice, My Comrades! Two Fingers of Daylight! It's available to all chanters, not just Kana.

Ah, ok.

Currently level 7. Loving the Ranger helluva lot! Seeing the multi-class options in Deadfire, has me salivating for it!

Haven't started WM for my Ranger and she's crazy good!. Also the first time battle against the Feral Druids, the Twin Stones from Hiravias totally decimated them!. That was satisfying. It seems for a Ranger to shine, it needs both Kana and Pallegina. The Coordinated attack + Sure Handed Ila + Perception gear (+3). I'm not sure how high my ACC gets. But without coordinated attacks she already has a base of 69 (with Pallegina ZF). With Brilliance it can go up to 79.

Was planning to side with Dozens to get the  +5 ACC boost instead of Doemenels crits. Is that a wise choice? One of the thing i hated about Ranger i hope in Deadfire they can have bows that deal dual damage? Pierce/Crush sounds reasonable with Powershot. Currently i have to resort to wands for Crush/Pierce.

Is level 7 or level 8 a nice level to go WM? I may need that Stormcaller soon :D. I had temporarily abandoned by Dragon Thrashed chanter (Level 9). But they are also a very powerful team all thanks to Boeroer :D

Edit

I'm getting greedy. I was thinking about Sure Handed Ila + Dragon Thrashed. Is there such a thing? :p. currently i have Sure Handed Ila + Lo, Their Endless Host, the Harbingers Doom. I really like these 2 synergies. Only problem is there a gap that i may not have perma Sure Handed Ila.

Edited by Archaven

Currently level 7. Loving the Ranger helluva lot! Seeing the multi-class options in Deadfire, has me salivating for it!

Haven't started WM for my Ranger and she's crazy good!. Also the first time battle against the Feral Druids, the Twin Stones from Hiravias totally decimated them!. That was satisfying. It seems for a Ranger to shine, it needs both Kana and Pallegina. The Coordinated attack + Sure Handed Ila + Perception gear (+3). I'm not sure how high my ACC gets. But without coordinated attacks she already has a base of 69 (with Pallegina ZF). With Brilliance it can go up to 79.

Was planning to side with Dozens to get the +5 ACC boost instead of Doemenels crits. Is that a wise choice? One of the thing i hated about Ranger i hope in Deadfire they can have bows that deal dual damage? Pierce/Crush sounds reasonable with Powershot. Currently i have to resort to wands for Crush/Pierce.

Is level 7 or level 8 a nice level to go WM? I may need that Stormcaller soon :D. I had temporarily abandoned by Dragon Thrashed chanter (Level 9). But they are also a very powerful team all thanks to Boeroer :D

Edit

I'm getting greedy. I was thinking about Sure Handed Ila + Dragon Thrashed. Is there such a thing? :p. currently i have Sure Handed Ila + Lo, Their Endless Host, the Harbingers Doom. I really like these 2 synergies. Only problem is there a gap that i may not have perma Sure Handed Ila.

One of the hunting bows has a dual damage type (the one ranger companion starts with). There is also the soulbound bow which has shock and pierce. Edited by Braven

Was planning to side with Dozens to get the  +5 ACC boost instead of Doemenels crits. Is that a wise choice? One of the thing i hated about Ranger i hope in Deadfire they can have bows that deal dual damage? Pierce/Crush sounds reasonable with Powershot. Currently i have to resort to wands for Crush/Pierce.

Rangers have high accuracy, so your DPS would be higher I think if you took the Doemenel's quest to get the Merciless Hand talent. The soulbound Stormcaller bow is most powerful with a ranger, and it has the added bonus of dual damage types, and also being one of only two weapons in the game whose damage is boosted by an elemental talent, in this case Heart of the Storm. This is the basis of builds such as L4wlight's Storm and Plague Caller ranger. A stormcaller ranger is great if you have a druid in the party, since the bow also lowers shock DR, making spells like Returning Storm and Relentless Storm even more devastating.

Rangers have high accuracy, so your DPS would be higher I think if you took the Doemenel's quest to get the Merciless Hand talent. The soulbound Stormcaller bow is most powerful with a ranger, and it has the added bonus of dual damage types, and also being one of only two weapons in the game whose damage is boosted by an elemental talent, in this case Heart of the Storm. This is the basis of builds such as L4wlight's Storm and Plague Caller ranger. A stormcaller ranger is great if you have a druid in the party, since the bow also lowers shock DR, making spells like Returning Storm and Relentless Storm even more devastating.

Yeah i'm aware of Stormcaller. It's the build of this guide no? Now that you mentioned i really cant make a decision now. Should i go for +5 ACC or Doemenels +0.3 Crit? I wished Boroer can just help me decide. Hah

I do notice Ranger damage is so "meh" compared to Dragon Thrashed Chanter though. Maybe i haven't get the Heart of the Storm talent yet and the bow of course.

Edited by Archaven

Doemenel. ;)

Ranger is better at taking out single targets (I really LOVE Persistence + Predator's Sense + Merciless + Vicious Companion + Brutal Takedown). Together we take out even the thoughest foes.

Chanter with Dragon Thrashed is a lot better against mobs, but he can't take out or disable high priority targets quickly.

Actually there are more than two weapons which profit from an elemental booster talent. First two are obvious:

- Bittercut - Spirit of Decay

- Stormcaller - Heart of the Storm

- Firebrand - Scion of Flame

- Cadebald's Blackbow - Spirit of Decay

- Kalakoth's Minor Blights - all

Ok, those are summoned weapons. I know, I'm a wisebutt ;). The last two are class restricted, but Firebrand can be used by anybody.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Doemenel. ;)

Ranger is better at taking out single targets (I really LOVE Persistence + Predator's Sense + Merciless + Vicious Companion + Brutal Takedown). Together we take out even the thoughest foes.

Chanter with Dragon Thrashed is a lot better against mobs, but he can't take out or disable high priority targets quickly.

Actually there are more than two weapons which profit from an elemental booster talent. First two are obvious:

- Bittercut - Spirit of Decay

- Stormcaller - Heart of the Storm

- Firebrand - Scion of Flame

- Cadebald's Blackbow - Spirit of Decay

- Kalakoth's Minor Blights - all

Ok, those are summoned weapons. I know, I'm a wisebutt ;). The last two are class restricted, but Firebrand can be used by anybody.

My Dragon Thrashed chanter i went for Crucible for that +2 DR and Shame or Glory. I think for melee, Shame or Glory i needed Pallegina to be on front line. SInce i'm not a ranger, is there a marking Pistol? I like Pistol more than Blunderbuss / Arquebus. The -10 ACC penalty is just too steep.

I have Pallegina wearing the Forgemaster gloves though. Sadly, i have no slot to waste for Pallegina for her to take Scion of Flame... yet. As for Bittercut, i keep hearing about it. Is it a good combo for Eder DW Saber? Resolution + Corrode enchantment  = Profit? Gonna jump back to my Chanter build heh.

Since Pallegina has always been a support role, i normally go towards full support for her. Taking Lay on Hands and Exthortations. Did anyone build her offensively?

Edited by Archaven

I think for 1 playthrough, I played Pallegina as a 2H'er. It is a shame if you didn't take Scion of Flames. Pallegina can benefit from most notably, FoD, Sacred Immolation and her unique ability Wrath of the Five Suns.

WotFS in particular is quite a fun "alpha strike" ability. You can severely dmg or even out right kill spellcasters at the start of the battle. And if the target isn't dead, it is still under the effects of Sworn Enemy.

• Like 1

I always give Pallegina all the alpha strikes I can get and that work with Penetrating Shot: Wrath of the Five Suns, Prestidigitator's Missiles, FoD + Intense Flames, sometimes also Runner's Wounding Shot (great with blunderbuss or arquebus). I would unleash all the attacks from a distance and then switch to support mode with Outworn Buckler + Shame or Glory or Cladhaliath. Later I also pick Sacred Immolation of course. I like the combination of several powerful alpha strikes, paired with solid support and sturdyness right from the start. Prestidigitator's Missiles and Wrath of the five Suns are very powerful in the early game. Same as FoD.

Merciless Hand does nothing for Dragon Thrashed, so the Crucible Knights are the best pick for such a Chanter in my opinion.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Hey guys currently loving my Ranger so much. Before this i'm not big fan of Ranger and i have now totally changed my mind!. I have Angio Ambeson on her and i took Frenzy. Do they stack? She's like a machine gunner on steroids!

Also, does Azalin helmet stacks with Merciless hand? I think in Deadfire, Obsidian should include stats like Atk Speed and Crit chance / Crit multiplier on the character sheet. Or did they? Sorry because i didn't seem to have notice it shown anywhere.

Outlander's Frenzy doesn't stack with Swift Aim and also not with Alacrity.

Dungeon Delver stacks with Annihilating stacks with Merciless Hand stacks with Azalin's Helmet stacks with Bloody Slaughter stacks with durgan steel on weapon. Azalin's Helmet doesn't stack with Rabbit Fur Gloves.

No, OBS didn't. :) It's one of the things I don't understand. It's so simple to do it... Also a dps number and DR bypass would be nice.

Edited by Boeroer