I know "Hard" means "easy" to many of ya, I found it a bit easy too with a full grp. Hence why I started solo game. Furthest I've come in this game is lvl 10 with Russetwood done in WM, done what can be done in ACT2 I believe but I've never started ACT3. So for someone "fairly" knew to this game. What would your advice be for a solo Rogue game on Hard difficulty?

What gear would u use? What talents would u pick? Why?

Currently I'm lvl 5 Boreal dwarf Rogue with following attributes:

Mig 16

Con 8

Dex 18

Per 10

INT 18

Res 8

Talents:

Shadowing Beyond

Weapon and shield style (might respec out of this)

Abilitys:

Escape

Reckless assault.

Currently wearing Berathian Priest Robe for minimum recovery vs DR.

Any thoughts or advice is welcome!

Update.

I've specced out of escape and weapon and shield style. Picked up two weapon style and blinding strike instead. Got me the Mach Steel Dagger and Daenirys Rapier, the attack speed with my Berathian robe is insane! Was thinking if interrupting blows might be worth it with my atk speed.

Does anyone know how many % per swing it adds?

I know "Hard" means "easy" to many of ya, I found it a bit easy too with a full grp. Hence why I started solo game. Furthest I've come in this game is lvl 10 with Russetwood done in WM, done what can be done in ACT2 I believe but I've never started ACT3. So for someone "fairly" knew to this game. What would your advice be for a solo Rogue game on Hard difficulty?

Mig 16

Con 8

Dex 18

Per 10

INT 18

Res 8

Talents:

Shadowing Beyond

Abilitys:

Escape

Reckless assault.

I do not mean to discourage you in your endeavor, however here are my thoughts : don't

Unless you cheese the hell out of the game (use figurines on all fights, keep camping every 2 encounters...), your solo rogue will have a very hard time with many fights, and some will even be off limits for you altogether (dragons, ogre druid bounty...) .

Mig 16

Con 8

Dex 18

Per 10

INT 18

Res 8

Talents:

Shadowing Beyond

Abilitys:

Escape

Reckless assault.

I do not mean to discourage you in your endeavor, however here are my thoughts : don't

Unless you cheese the hell out of the game (use figurines on all fights, keep camping every 2 encounters...), your solo rogue will have a very hard time with many fights, and some will even be off limits for you altogether (dragons, ogre druid bounty...) .

Yeah I figured as much, but is that not the case for all classes when soloing?

So far I'm having a blast with it, getting close to lvl 7. Got shod in faith boots and rotfinger gloves yesterday. Major upgrades and it made a big difference.

When soloing, do I even bother with the stronghold? It's a shame passing on so many good possible items, such as Rimecutter, mold, cheat cloak etc etc. But say I did build the stronghold, how do I defend it when it gets attacked from below? :o

Not all classes need to abuse massive cheese. Paladin for example pretty much tanks everything I would not consider that cheese.

Strongholdwise you can't really get the quest items since you would have to take a companion for that.

I always build my botanic garden and the other thing where you get creture parts in your treasury first and after that I focus on prestige so Azurro appears.

If your security is very high you can autoresolve conflicts I personally just go there and kill the invaders, you also have hirelings who help you, but they are not very effective and die against everything starting from mercenaries. (Even thughs give them a hard time and don't get me started on banshees and drakes. :D)

Not all classes need to abuse massive cheese. Paladin for example pretty much tanks everything I would not consider that cheese.

Strongholdwise you can't really get the quest items since you would have to take a companion for that.

I always build my botanic garden and the other thing where you get creture parts in your treasury first and after that I focus on prestige so Azurro appears.

If your security is very high you can autoresolve conflicts I personally just go there and kill the invaders, you also have hirelings who help you, but they are not very effective and die against everything starting from mercenaries. (Even thughs give them a hard time and don't get me started on banshees and drakes. :D)

Yeah true, but cloak of cheat and Rimecutter would still be available on a solo playthrough.

Worst Stronghold battles I've had was against Vithracks, didn't even know there could be Drakes lol..

If Paladins can solo tank everything, I guess also Fighters are just as good?

Edited by Dorftek

If you mean the Retaliation cloak and consider that one cheat you will go crazy once you find a certain other cloak.^^

Fighters don't tank everything but they heal very fast especially if you use all available synergies so they can survive most stuff paladins can.