How to get to White March?

I cant believe I am asking this, but I need an advice on how to get to White March. I bought the DLC, installed it (White March I and II tiles in the main menu are coloured) and rushed till lvl 7, because I thought it would somehow "unlock it" on the world map, but that was not the case. What am I doing wrong?

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Hi, 

For future players who like me want to reach the White March and googled "POE reach white march" but found nothing, suffice to say "Press square button (on PS4) when you are on the Map" :)

It took me 5 minutes to notify that, and I done several search on Google ;)

Pillars of Eternity PS4 - RPG fan - Native language French, so please forgive my poor English speaking ...

I cant believe I am asking this, but I need an advice on how to get to White March.

​If it's any consolation, you aren't the only one.  I was confused at first too; I installed WM, started a new game, but wasn't sure how or when to get to it.  Had to look it up online to make sure I hadn't missed something.

I love WM and think it was really nicely done all around, but also feel tying it into the middle of the game was a little bit awkward.

​I think you'll like it, BTW.  There's a lot of really nice content in the expansions.  The only major drawback is you end up over-leveled for the remainder of the original game, but that was kind of true anyway...

Edited by demeisen

I cant believe I am asking this, but I need an advice on how to get to White March.

​If it's any consolation, you aren't the only one.  I was confused at first too; I installed WM, started a new game, but wasn't sure how or when to get to it.  Had to look it up online to make sure I hadn't missed something.

I love WM and think it was really nicely done all around, but also feel tying it into the middle of the game was a little bit awkward.

​I think you'll like it, BTW.  There's a lot of really nice content in the expansions.  The only major drawback is you end up over-leveled for the remainder of the original game, but that was kind of true anyway...

Are you sure about being over leveled after we do White March? when I reached Helmshore for the first time, the game asked me if I wanted to adjust the level of the game on my own level (like when I reached White march the first time) .. 

May be it is something which have been added with the new updates ...

Thinking of this, I should have done White March before entering Helmshore (the game would have adjusted the map level on mine), because I have done some quests in Heartsong, then I decided to do the White March I... 

Pillars of Eternity PS4 - RPG fan - Native language French, so please forgive my poor English speaking ...

Are you sure about being over leveled after we do White March? when I reached Helmshore for the first time, the game asked me if I wanted to adjust the level of the game on my own level (like when I reached White march the first time) .. 

May be it is something which have been added with the new updates ...

Thinking of this, I should have done White March before entering Helmshore (the game would have adjusted the map level on mine), because I have done some quests in Heartsong, then I decided to do the White March I... 

​Going a bit from memory, and everyone's experience might be different here, but I think I started WM (on PotD) as soon as I could, and hit the level cap maybe half way through WM.  I found new "toys" (spells, soulbound weapons, etc), though, so it wasn't a totally static power situation either.  Even at the level cap, WM was loads of fun, because there's a lot of interesting and challenging combats in the WM expansions.  Once I returned to the main game, I used level scaling, but even then you end up utterly wrecking everything in your path.  Act3 actually felt rather boring to me: I never had to use any spells or per-rest abilities except for - what are those called? - the low level ones you can spam per fight.  There might have been a difficult boss fight or two, but for the most part, even with level scaling, I felt quite over-leveled and generally OP for the main game content.

​It always felt to me like the game has too much total experience in it, especially if you do most of the optional side quests.  I'd like the level curve to have you hitting the cap more like 3/4 of the way through the game, whereas I think it was more like 1/2 way for me.  Far enough from the end to enjoy the cool high level class abilities for a while, but not so far that you end up with no more leveling to look forward to when you're barely half way through.