Bug... maybe 2... character selection

Deekow

Question

I don't quite still understand the party selection process fully, so I can't identify exactly where the bug is, but I'm certain there's at least one, maybe two bugs going on here...

• Pass & Play OFF, Permadeath ON
  • Story Mode
  • Characters in party, in order, from start until now: Valeros, Lem, Merisiel, Amiri, Ezern, Seoni
  • Location irrelevant, game state in post-failure with death before rewards selection occurs (or was skipped entirely and this is bug 3; edit: it was actually skipped)
  • Turn order irrelevant
  • Scenario: Poison Pill (normal), just failed
  • No card encountered
  • Didn't occur during gameplay
  • No check applicable
  • No monster applicable
  • Screenshot here

Had just failed Poison Pill, Seoni was killed. Game immediately went to character selection after scenario ended (no rewards selected yet). Seoni's spot is expectedly empty at bottom of screen.  

Bug 1: With selection on "experienced" list, I cannot scroll right under any circumstances

Bug 2: I am able to select Harsk, Kyra, Seoni. From the experienced list, I'm surprised that I can select Seoni. I am unable to select Lini (greyed out). Given that Lini is in the same state as Harsk and Kyra (never been played), they should be in the same state, regardless of my understanding of how or why experienced list is built. I am unable to see the state of Sajan and Seelah due to being unable to slide (if Harsk, Kyra are selectable, Sajan and Seelah should too).

Bug 3: After logging the bugs, I moved on, and the deck reorganization phase was in fact skipped entirely. Going into the deck building from the world map, all characters still alive had their decks reverted to how they were at the beginning of the scenario (note: NOT the default decklists). The cards that Seoni acquired through the scenario were in the 'available' section (and only those cards, specifically). All cards acquired by other characters were lost entirely.

"New" list is just fine.

Edit: worth noting that I own all characters, and they all show correctly as owned on the store.

Edited by Deekow

4 answers to this question

Also, for the record, this was a brand new save when I started the party. In regards to Bug 2 (above), it seems it's maintaining my "experienced" character state cross-saves, as each character is in the exact same available/unavailable state on another brand new save as this one. 

I had deleted the save game noted above, and started a brand new one. The party was already selected at the bottom with the same 6 characters I had in the party at the time I deleted the original save.

Edited by Deekow

Starting to understand the saved character stuff a bit better after picking at 'bug 2' a bit. 

I understand now after re-reading the other posts a few times about experienced characters being tied to the account, not the save. Given that each box can have multiple characters in multiple states, and then you can have those experienced characters in other saves... this is way too confusing a manner to organize the characters. The UI goes a LONG way to helping a player 'understand' the exact opposite of what's actually occurring. 

I would recommend revamping the character select system to be more informative through UI in the first place, and then add a menu option for experienced character management, which would reinforce the idea that the experienced characters transcend each individual save and it would make more sense that I'm adding specific versions of each character, especially when I haven't bothered to rename them (which is an extraneous process, not an expected one).

Starting to understand the saved character stuff a bit better after picking at 'bug 2' a bit. 

I understand now after re-reading the other posts a few times about experienced characters being tied to the account, not the save. Given that each box can have multiple characters in multiple states, and then you can have those experienced characters in other saves... this is way too confusing a manner to organize the characters. The UI goes a LONG way to helping a player 'understand' the exact opposite of what's actually occurring. 

I would recommend revamping the character select system to be more informative through UI in the first place, and then add a menu option for experienced character management, which would reinforce the idea that the experienced characters transcend each individual save and it would make more sense that I'm adding specific versions of each character, especially when I haven't bothered to rename them (which is an extraneous process, not an expected one).

We have some UI improvements to better explain how the game is party based and not save based (and all references to "saves" should be removed henceforth!) coming in the next update.  Lets see if it's enough to help! :)

• Like 1