Issue with Temple

Eldicor

Question

I feel like I've seen this reported before, but I couldn't find it so I'm posting it just in case. Beta build 2, Galaxy S6 Active, Quest mode normal (add 2 to ally checks was the only condition), PnP off, Permadeath off, Party: Merisiel, Kyra.

I left the Temple as my last location so after all 3 other locations were closed, each character moved to the Temple on her next turn but neither was called upon to discard a card after moving there as the location requires.

It may be worth noting that the game was giving me most of the gameplay help pop-ups although I had already played through 1-5 in story mode on this account -- it was my first time playing quest mode on the account.

7 answers to this question

An issue with the temple had been noted elsewhere (for the life of me I can't remember where).  I don't think it mentioned quest mode though - it's very possible the location is buggy there.  I haven't had any issues with it in story mode.

I'll look into it!  Thanks! :)

Thanks! I have more quest mode trouble to report. Same party and settings except it's Heroic quest mode with the rule of 'when you discard for combat damage, bury 1 of them' and the wildcard is Impending Doom (-5 blessings).

I once again closed 3 locations and everyone ended up this time at the farmhouse. Merisiel encountered the villain (Pillbug Podiker) and used her darts for the combat. Without any other blessings or help, it's not surprising that the check failed. What was surprising was that she was not given an option to discard the dart to reroll the dice -- the game jumped straight to my discarding for damage. I was also never prompted to bury any of those 3 cards -- all went to Merisiel's discard pile.

I'ma keep playing in quest mode and I'll keep reporting any weirdness I find that I haven't seen reported yet!

Continuation on my last post: On the next turn, Kyra fought a Hell Hound and failed, and she WAS prompted to bury a card of the combat damage. Also, there was no 'Bury' button when aelexting the card to bury, I had to drag it down to the soil pile in the bottom left.

Thanks! I have more quest mode trouble to report. Same party and settings except it's Heroic quest mode with the rule of 'when you discard for combat damage, bury 1 of them' and the wildcard is Impending Doom (-5 blessings).

I once again closed 3 locations and everyone ended up this time at the farmhouse. Merisiel encountered the villain (Pillbug Podiker) and used her darts for the combat. Without any other blessings or help, it's not surprising that the check failed. What was surprising was that she was not given an option to discard the dart to reroll the dice -- the game jumped straight to my discarding for damage. I was also never prompted to bury any of those 3 cards -- all went to Merisiel's discard pile.

I'ma keep playing in quest mode and I'll keep reporting any weirdness I find that I haven't seen reported yet!

Rerolls not working is a known issue. I'm not sure it made it to the known issues list - I'll add it now.

Continuation on my last post: On the next turn, Kyra fought a Hell Hound and failed, and she WAS prompted to bury a card of the combat damage. Also, there was no 'Bury' button when aelexting the card to bury, I had to drag it down to the soil pile in the bottom left.

We currently don't have contextual buttons for cards that you're forced to bury from discard.  It's been bugged! :)

We'll look into the inconsistencies with that wildcard power.  Thanks!

And now it's upset on me for tattling repeatedly. I've won each of the first 2 plays mentioned above. I tried to start again on heroic (still with bury 1 card from combat damage but the wildcard of discard a card from blessings if you fail to acquire an item). At this point, the game had me choose starting locations (Woods for Kyra and Wooden Bridge for Merisiel). Then the game went to a screen with a pure black background and the gameplay UI overlay with Merisiel and her hand showing, 0 blessings showing in the blessings deck, and the 'OK' button on the right highlighted. Clicking the ok button did nothing, so I quit back to the main menu using the 'gear' menu

Re-entering Quest mode prompted me to make a new party,with no experienced characters available. I seem to have lost my Level 2 Kyra and Merisiel with some upgraded cards, and the only way for me to proceed is to start over with fresh characters.

I apologize for the stream-of-consciousness form of my bug posting, but I know if I don't post things as I see 'em, I won't always remember the details later. Thank you Sylvanta and all the rest for your work in making the game awesomer and awesomer!

Edited by Eldicor

iPad 4th generation.  Build #2  pass and play off, permadeath off

Completed the quest mode game I had started with build 1.

Started a new quest mode game, legendary difficulty.  Chose to take experienced Lini, Valeros, and Lem.  Lem starts.  Encountered the same black background as Eldicor did.  no blessings in the timer.  Screenshot below.  Exited quest mode and re-entered.  Created a group with experienced Lini and Valeros, heroic difficulty.  Same issue with black background and no blessings.  Restarted again and took new characters.  Game behaved normally.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i1w7obxki6ct23z/IMG_0333.PNG?dl=0

• Like 1

We'll look into the inconsistencies with that wildcard power.  Thanks!

Pillbug Podiker does poison damage - not combat.  Hence why you weren't prompted to bury a card.  Not a bug, after all!  Though, it would be nice if that were more obvious.  We occasionally have special damage effects from monsters to characters - it should be the case here too.  It may be more obvious to the player that its not combat damage if the vfx show fire, or frost or green cloudy poison clouds.  Hmm... I still need to write up a bug, I see.

And now it's upset on me for tattling repeatedly. I've won each of the first 2 plays mentioned above. I tried to start again on heroic (still with bury 1 card from combat damage but the wildcard of discard a card from blessings if you fail to acquire an item). At this point, the game had me choose starting locations (Woods for Kyra and Wooden Bridge for Merisiel). Then the game went to a screen with a pure black background and the gameplay UI overlay with Merisiel and her hand showing, 0 blessings showing in the blessings deck, and the 'OK' button on the right highlighted. Clicking the ok button did nothing, so I quit back to the main menu using the 'gear' menu

Re-entering Quest mode prompted me to make a new party,with no experienced characters available. I seem to have lost my Level 2 Kyra and Merisiel with some upgraded cards, and the only way for me to proceed is to start over with fresh characters.

I apologize for the stream-of-consciousness form of my bug posting, but I know if I don't post things as I see 'em, I won't always remember the details later. Thank you Sylvanta and all the rest for your work in making the game awesomer and awesomer!

Stream of consciousness is fine. :)  The information is still useful!

iPad 4th generation.  Build #2  pass and play off, permadeath off

Completed the quest mode game I had started with build 1.

Started a new quest mode game, legendary difficulty.  Chose to take experienced Lini, Valeros, and Lem.  Lem starts.  Encountered the same black background as Eldicor did.  no blessings in the timer.  Screenshot below.  Exited quest mode and re-entered.  Created a group with experienced Lini and Valeros, heroic difficulty.  Same issue with black background and no blessings.  Restarted again and took new characters.  Game behaved normally.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i1w7obxki6ct23z/IMG_0333.PNG?dl=0

After some internal testing, it appears that the Temple location is the source of a lot of issues in quest mode - this may be the source of the black screen & no blessings problems.  But, we're looking into it more.

• Like 1