Only real weakness for a druid is their accuracy and casting speed are not great. Otherwise they work fine. So maybe id look at perception and dexterity?

Yes, high Perception is key for Druid. Dextery 10 could be okay because you are not slowed by any Armor. Intelligence max will be a boon too. This could lead to the question if you should prefer pushing Might or Dex.... hmmmmm....

Very cool Reent - what Stats have you chosen for your Chanter?

okay... my character is inside caed nua and trying to get past the phantoms - okay, rather not the phantoms but the shadows! Right! The shadows are my problem - not the phantoms...

I can get past the hurdle and into the wide open space - where i can run in circles and kill them that way... just... shadows tp to me and cause interrupts - phantoms get the stun off -.-

in 30 tries i managed one fight where both shadows died - only i was unlucky and got stunned the moment they did... will try again later

edit:

vwg6kpxz.jpg

soooo after some tries i got it right - the phantoms/shadows are easy, so easy that this would be a possible strategy for my ironman runs... maybe it i tried to do it again and make screens where it works and were it doesnt i could manage it...

it is: you walk to the door on the right side, on the way you start the combat - there you wait a moment - thats the critical point, how long do you have to wait? If you know it exactly everything else is quiet easy - after that you walk left until the end of the rubble (or whatever its called) and start walking up left - until you get to the barrier and run past the enemies, on the way you get 0-2 shadows to TP to you - as long as you arent unlucky thats everything you will get and you can start your big big circle - every circle you wait a moment in the upper right corner - just long enough to squeeze through the enemies, if you do it that way no enemy will be too slow to follow (what can happen - if you are too fast the slowest enemies can get you)

Took me more time to get the timing for the first part right than the 2nd part - the 2nd part is easy, the first is quite tricky, i tried it after starting this post - around 50% of the time i manage it - the 2nd shadow can get a nasty TP in your way - would have to figure out where to stand when it TPs - so i could get it right all the time...

now to the spiders - spiders took me 3 mins - the no perception is no problem up to now, my novice suffering makes short work out of spiders - together with one phantom per pack and i have to tank about 2-3 hits per pack, with moon godlike no problem...

Edited by Reent
  • Like 1

okay... my character is inside caed nua and trying to get past the phantoms - okay, rather not the phantoms but the shadows! Right! The shadows are my problem - not the phantoms...

I can get past the hurdle and into the wide open space - where i can run in circles and kill them that way... just... shadows tp to me and cause interrupts - phantoms get the stun off -.-

in 30 tries i managed one fight where both shadows died - only i was unlucky and got stunned the moment they did... will try again later

soooo after some tries i got it right - the phantoms/shadows are easy, so easy that this would be a possible strategy for my ironman runs... maybe it i tried to do it again and make screens where it works and were it doesnt i could manage it...

it is: you walk to the door on the right side, on the way you start the combat - there you wait a moment - thats the critical point, how long do you have to wait? If you know it exactly everything else is quiet easy - after that you walk left until the end of the rubble (or whatever its called) and start walking up left - until you get to the barrier and run past the enemies, on the way you get 0-2 shadows to TP to you - as long as you arent unlucky thats everything you will get and you can start your big big circle - every circle you wait a moment in the upper right corner - just long enough to squeeze through the enemies, if you do it that way no enemy will be too slow to follow (what can happen - if you are too fast the slowest enemies can get you)

Took me more time to get the timing for the first part right than the 2nd part - the 2nd part is easy, the first is quite tricky, i tried it after starting this post - around 50% of the time i manage it - the 2nd shadow can get a nasty TP in your way - would have to figure out where to stand when it TPs - so i could get it right all the time...

now to the spiders - spiders took me 3 mins - the no perception is no problem up to now, my novice suffering makes short work out of spiders - together with one phantom per pack and i have to tank about 2-3 hits per pack, with moon godlike no problem...

Very cool stuff Reent. Thats something i always found fascinating when playing ultimate challenges: You will - and have to - find new ways and strategies to get through. Never thought that circling could work in Caed Nua - at least not with other classes. Well done!! :yes:

As is never played Chanter i am asking myself: How on earth did you damage and kill the Phantoms and Shadows? With Come, Come Soft Winds of Death? Sorry for my ignorance! :biggrin:

I will start the Druid soon. Will be interesting to see how tough Caed Nua will be for him without items!

jeah - come come soft wind did the job - it targets fort and shadows/phantoms dont have high fort :D

the clearspeed this chanter has is higher than my normal chanter - 19 dex no armor... is so good... but i think i will get into trouble in a bit :x

lvl 5 with brackenbury main quest done :D

• Like 1

Thelynn´ss is ready for the challenge - lets go! :yes:

Class: Druid

Race: Moon Godlike

Spiritform: Cat

MIGHT 15

CON 10

DEX 15

PER 16

INT 19

RES 3

I like balanced Chars. Dropping Res will hurt a bit but Noober is the shining light that convinced me to keep it that way - hopefully i wont regret it. Unlike Reent´s Chanter my Druid has to push Per or otherwise he will miss too much of his spells. Con 10 is a compromise but i hope that the Druids CC power will keep most damage away later on. We will see!

Not to forget: The Main focus will be Survival. Pushing it to 10 (+2 Movement Speed and +15 Accuracy) will be a gamebreaker later on. Rest will go - as usual - to Mechanic i think.

Edited by Harpagornis

i really miss my resolve - i really miss my perception - but max int and might is needed (i dont know where the point is - but my tests said that somewhere around 17-19 (dont know anymore) there is a breakpoint where every tick will do 3 damage instead of 2... since i plan on trying to kill stuff with it... i need it... while kiting every little bit of range is needed... con is the lowest i am comfortable with... dex is the one point thats questionable - maybe 10 dex would be better, however atm the dex helps - a lot... i can use the summon as a reaction to "enemy stops following me, in a short moment the fight will reset"... thats huge.

your stats look good - however i dont see the caed nua way - maybe with my way getting to the room next to the statue - there you can manage that you tank the shadows - kill one, tank the other and kill the phantoms with spells... its not the easiest way... but the only one i can think of without knowing druid more...

Edited by Reent

Okay, no problems so far. Clearing the Bear Cave still works great at level 3 even without items. Just the usual Charm Beast -> Sun Beam -> Talons Reach -> Spirithift Cheese. Hah!

Once Thelynn´ss reaches level 4 she will head to Caed Nua and see what she can do against the Phantoms... :yes:

Edited by Harpagornis

I doubt a naked druid can take on the Caed nua main hall, but then again, I didn't think a chanter could do it either! Are scrolls and food/potions allowed?

Potions, food buffs & scrolls are NOT allowed. Only basic things like lockpicks, hooks, rope - everything else would be too easy no? :biggrin:

Edited by Harpagornis

I doubt a naked druid can take on the Caed nua main hall, but then again, I didn't think a chanter could do it either! Are scrolls and food/potions allowed?

Potions, food buffs & scrolls are NOT allowed. Only basic things like lockpicks, hooks, rope - everything else would be too easy no? :biggrin:

Too easy? Lol

Anyway, fun stuff! Keep us informed! :)

• Like 1

no - and i think you can manage caed nua main hall - its all about the cheese... i dont think it will be easy, but maybe you can tank one shadow and kill the others - maybe you get a lucky break with the aggro - the druid has spiritshift, if you manage my strategy you can get to a place where you could kill one shadow and tank the other one (spiritshift has some DR, could work) - all phantoms will stand nicely behind the shadow - i managed that once (it wasnt as win condition for my chanter, so i didnt try to reproduce it -however since i managed it once, it is possible to get the result again...) maybe you can kite them and cast while kiting... dont know, druid isnt my job - chanter is :D.

i am quite interested if i can manage the ranged enemies in heritage hills... that should be my biggest problem in the near future... most fights are a real pain tho... find the sweet spot where i can easily kite them... very annoying thank god i have high dex...

and jeah, with potions/scrolls and stuff it wouldn't be hard/fun enough

enough for me now- its almost midnight here... so i will play more tomorrow.

Thelynn´ss has almost reached level 4. So far most things arent very different from other Druid runs - you just have to be a bit more careful. Well - its late here too.

After some rest Caed Nua will be the next - and so far most critical - target. The Spiritshift is quite powerful so i will maybe push it further with talents. Together with heavy CC this will melt enemies in 1vs1 situations very quickly. Splitpulling for victory! Thelynn´ss has already a strategy in mind for the phantoms. It should work nicely - at least in theory - but its definitely not viable for  Iron Man. We will see if she can pull it off.

I am very interested in how your Chanter is going through Heritage Hill Reent as the tower is not a really good place for kiting and the Darguls in there are tough to take down.

I will try to write down Thelynn´ss progress in detail after some sleep and put it into another Pastebin. Thats it for now - Good Night! :yes:

Edited by Harpagornis

Thelynn´ss has almost reached level 4. So far most things arent very different from other Druid runs - you just have to be a bit more careful. Well - its late here too.

After some rest Caed Nua will be the next - and so far most critical - target. The Spiritshift is quite powerful so i will maybe push it further with talents. Together with heavy CC this will melt enemies in 1vs1 situations very quickly. Splitpulling for victory! Thelynn´ss has already a strategy in mind for the phantoms. It should work nicely - at least in theory - but its definitely not viable for  Iron Man. We will see if she can pull it off.

I am very interested in how your Chanter is going through Heritage Hill Reent as the tower is not a really good place for kiting and the Darguls in there are tough to take down.

I will try to write down Thelynn´ss progress in detail after some sleep and put it into another Pastebin. Thats it for now - Good Night! :yes:

I fear the first floor more than i fear the 2nd one - with enough tries i think i can just kite them like i did the phantoms - but i never tried so will see... but the first floor and the initial fight in heritage hill... thats what i fear most - i could try to outlevel it - with level 9 it would become much much easier - however... white marches before level 10? doesnt look possible... most fighting quests - with little room - same. I dont see me getting much exp for free - not enough for level 9...

Maybe the xaurip bounty... maybe the dweller... but killing them with phantoms? Would take some hours, i see the end coming - now its time to start it up, see what i can do :D

I dont see me getting to lvl 9 - sadly, too many quests i wont be able to do... if i can somehow manage heritage hill... that would open act 3, maybe it would be possible then... or if i could clear Darzir - but the ranged ogres will rip me apart, i dont see me kiting the melees and killing the ranged ones with phantoms :x - its no forced fight.

Dude getting Level 9 in Act 2 is super easy.

Hhhmmm... different opinions on what to pick... thats interesting!

It would be even more interersting if other players would be willing to join the challenge - each one playing a different class.

Would be cool to see where and at which point each class runs into problems and what quests/ enemies are totally easy.

Maybe each class will run into a "there-is-no-way-through-point" but  thats part of the challenge. The journey is the reward!

Reent you are my Chanter. My phrase for you: "May the patience be with you!" :biggrin:

I would love to try Druid - its the class i played in nearly any other RPG and it fits me most. :yes:

Anyone wants to go with a Wizard? Or a Monk? Or something totally different? :dancing:

Can I still join in with chanter?

Other classes are too hard for me. :D

Edited by Raven Darkholme

normally? jeah it is. however i think i will miss many quests i normally do for that... i will see

jeah - start a chanter and do it too - i am not confident i will can do it, maybe someone else will find better ways of doing it.

as i saw it - just beat the wm1, wm2 and vanilla - so no completionist

You want to TCS it? Than i sure hope your alt+f4 is ready - recording would be nice, streaming even better^^

I am dying all the time here X_x would sure love to see someone do it better - with a recording i could copy it :D

• Like 1

as i saw it - just beat the wm1, wm2 and vanilla - so no completionist

You want to TCS it? Than i sure hope your alt+f4 is ready - recording would be nice, streaming even better^^

I am dying all the time here X_x would sure love to see someone do it better - with a recording i could copy it :D

Ah, the first post wasn't clear about having to beat WM.

This challenge will try to cover Pillars of Eternity + White March 1 & 2. I dont know if its possible but why not trying it? The most important question is:

It's hidden in a wall of text - so not hard to miss

• Like 1

This challenge will try to cover Pillars of Eternity + White March 1 & 2. I dont know if its possible but why not trying it? The most important question is:

It's hidden in a wall of text - so not hard to miss

thx^^

I am short of time but: Thelynn´ss destroyed the Phantoms and Shadows after several tries. The tactic is quite simple:

Once the battle started -> Run downstairs into one of the niches -> immediately summon a Blight.

Thanks to Fast Runner you will get enough time so that the Blight blocks the Phantoms and sometimes even the first Shadow.

If you get lucky it will be a "Wind Blight" that is immune to the Frost Damage of Phantoms and Shadows.

Once the Wind Blight is out you have ~20 seconds to win the fight.

Thanks to the +10 Accuracy Resting Bonus you should hit the enemies quite regulary - your spell rotation should be:

Sun Beam (blinding!!!) -> Talons Reach Spam till the end. If anyone survives this: Follow up with Autums Decay. The DoT will tick even if you get stunned by a Phantom.

This works great IF you get a Wind Blight. Otherwise you are doomed so thats the reason why i would not recommend it for an Iron Run!

I dont know if i can play on much in the next days - too much work!

If anyone likes to join the challenge - feel free to do so! A Wizard or a Monk would be great. Good Luck!