dont worry - i will die... over and over again... if i play... thinking about the alpine dragon, with a bit of luck in the movement i can kill the adds... however the dragon is too fast and i dont think the ogres can tank the dragon for long enough... so i will try for a bit and most likely dont manage it... with one more movementspeed it could work (maybe, maybe 2 more is needed)

How far have you pushed Survival? The +Accuracy Resting Bonus helps my Druid alot and he rarely misses his spells.

The + Movement Resting Bonus i rarely use atm - this might change against the Lagufaeth though.

I tested "Rot Skull" for the Dweller-Bounty and it was quite funny. Kited the big beast to death thanks to the hard ticking DoT. If this will also works against WM opponents - we will see!

EDIT: Survial 10 will be the final target as Mechanic is the main priority atm. Will take some more levels...

Edited by Harpagornis

7 survival -.- needed 10 mechanics - sadly. Still have 6 points - so i will get 24 points... 30 points but i would have to push survival for 6 more points X_x not possible :(

the acc doesnt work on chants=useless for me... (made a thread for it today)

What? The +Accuracy doesnt work on Chants? Phhhhhh. Thats crazy.... this should be fixed for sure!

Another question: You have skilled Fast Runner for sure no? I think this skill is a bit bugged. Sometimes i am running around at lightning speed (much faster than Boots of Speed would be) - even in combat. Sometimes i feel so slow that i barely outrun normal moving opponents. And sometimes its just the +1 you should get. I rarely got the lighting speed but when it procs the char is so fast that it constantly moves even when it should stand still. Maybe my Druid is on drugs. Lol. Can you confirm this observation?

Edited by Harpagornis

What? The +Accuracy doesnt work on Chants? Phhhhhh. Thats crazy.... this should be fixed for sure!

Another question: You have skilled Fast Runner for sure no? I think this skill is a bit bugged. Sometimes i am running around at lightning speed (much faster than Boots of Speed would be) - even in combat. Sometimes i feel so slow that i barely outrun normal moving opponents. And sometimes its just the +1 you should get. I rarely got the lighting speed but when it procs the char is so fast that it constantly moves even when it should stand still. Maybe my Druid is on drugs. Lol. Can you confirm this observation?

Maybe you run slower only while shapeshift is active because of the bug.

Wait Reent - i think you could have saved some points - or not? I am only level 12 with Mechanic 10, Survival 9.

Have you done the Quest "At the Mercy of the Tribes" in Twin Elms? +1 Mechanic from there.

Taking Hylea for then Druid was a mistake i think. Damn. Rymrgand would have been better: +1 Con, +1 Survival.

Well, i hope that it will not matter too much later on but.... i am so sad... bad planning. :biggrin:

I have skipped the second half of WM 2 after i got bored with my Ascetic Monk. Maybe someone else can help us?

I think that the missing points wont matter that much at the end. At least in Durgans Battery.

My Ascetic Monk used +3 Movement Speed and had no chance escaping the ambush.

Tough times...

EDIT: If this challenge will be finished Reent you should - if you havent - definitely play a Solo Druid in Icewind Dale - HoF for sure.

The playstyle is nearly the same like the Chanter here. Summon all day long while throwing in damage or buffs in between - very funny!

Edited by Harpagornis

Maybe you run slower only while shapeshift is active because of the bug.

No, this also happens in human form. Sometimes i am faster sometimes slower - and i dont know why. Very strange. It must be the drugs! :biggrin:

LOL this is funny cuz it kept happening to Hiravanis in my grp too, super speed druid ftw!

Galvinos Workshop is finished thanks to Gaze of Adragan -> Spiritshift Abuse. Just a matter of time.

But the Lagufaeth.... holy cow... they are eating me alive. The group in the ice cave -> impossible. And even with room for kiting its a nightmare.

If they get the stun(s) of -> i am dead. Only way is perma CC so they never ever get their shots of. Or to splitpull them but.. hell... they are so fast...

Lurking them into other monster groups can work too but... no... this is not fun. Its a pity that the Druid got no stun mmunity with his spells.....

Maybe i should just try Durgans Battery first... and say hello to the mad Sirens... or maybe i should get to level 13 first... we will see!

Rushing through the areas is not possible anymore - the Monk i played some time ago was MUCH faster.

EDIT: Even the WM 1 Bounties are a joke with regard to Lagufaeths. Splittpulled Metzla and kited her down easily...

Edited by Harpagornis

Fast Runner and Druid is bugged. Sometimes Ulmar was faster than me, sometimes i outrun him and he turned away. There is absolutely no logic behind this.

At least Rot Skull proves to be a great kiting tool. The DoT takes down enemies quite quickly - its a bit like playing Noober again. Only downside: This doesnt work vs Lagufaeths.

I would love to make "Venom Bloom" (Level 6) work as the Weakened and Frightened Debuff is great.

Especially the Weakened would help alot as many Druid CC´s target Fortitude.

But Its duration is so short - it feels weaker than spells from lower levels...

Oh dear... the Battery Sirens are killing me... and i cant hit them... even with the stuns of Relentless Storm the Cat misses so often... and when it hits the damage is non existant...

Maybe Level 12 is too low... will have to lvl up first... and working on another strategy... the end could be near... ;(

Edited by Harpagornis

battery sirens suck... i think tomorrow i will play a bit again... maybe i can reach lvl 13, kill nalrend and open the way for more exp... lvl 15 is the goal before i go back to the forge...

The same idea here Reent. Before going deeper into Durgans Battery i will try to get at least to level 13 (better 14). It wil be interesting to see if a naked Druid can take down Nalrend.

P.S. I know that some people are voting for a naked Iron Run. My opinion: Forget it. There are so many things that can go wrong - and they will go wrong sooner or later. So if anyone is brave - or foolish - enough to go for it: Try it on you own. And suffer! I think Reent can confirm this point, no? :biggrin:

Edited by Harpagornis

hmmm...

in act 1 - you could possibly get through with ironman, the phantoms - you would have to know exactly how to move so the 2nd shadow doesnt surround you... however in act 2? You are in deep trouble... if i never risked death i would still be in act 2... the man who waits... i dont think you can fight them... and the movement... i dont think there is a way to get it right everytime.

And that doesnt count the coinflip fights i did because it made the fight 20 times as fast, with ironman... sometimes i had to aggro a group and had to rely on luck that they wouldnt send the bad targets out first - because i wouldnt be able to get enough time to get my summons out...

So no, ironman - at least for me - would be impossible, 10k tries wouldnt be enough.

Hahaha! The Ogres in front of Nalrends Cave - well - they died like flies!!

Option 1: Heavy CC -> Spiritshfit -> The Cat hits so hard that even Ogre Matrons go down in seconds.

Option 2: Rot Skull -> This takes a bit longer but is safer. The damage is still crazy.

Option 3 would be summons but at least against the group outside it wasnt needed.

This means: Nalrend the Wise will be an interesting battle and chances are not that bad getting him down.

Maybe in the evening i will have time to try this fight - this is going to be fun!! :yes:

• Like 1

Okay... i dont know if there are more bugs in Pillars or more possibilities in chess... i can confirm the movementspeed "problem"... sometimes i am faster than ulmar's group, sometimes i am slower... so... it suXX... do i make a thread for it? I dont know, i opened so many threads the last days... it's not good for my mood - maybe i will play WC3 today and not care about pillars at all -.- COME ON -.-

its been a long time - and some bugs i saw in my first week of pillars are still going strong!

Bugs all the way. And Nalrend joins the bug party too. What happens if you charm the Elder Bears and try to follow up with another spell from the backline while your new bear friends keep hacking at the Ogres? Yes - the combat ends before you finish your next spell. And yes, the bears are no longer your friends and all of them attack you. You try to charm them again? Sure - no problem. Do it and you can watch the same procedure as every charm. Only chance to avoid this would be running into the Ogre group. What a great idea...

COME ON :getlost:

EDIT: Okay i tried it again - its ridiculous. I charmed the Elder Bears -> Casted Relentless Storm -> Engaged Ogre with Enraged Cat -> Recasted Charm Beast -> Killed one Ogre -> Moved back only some steps -> Casted Summon Blight so i could retreat out of vision again for rest but... yes... the combat ended again in the middle of the cast... Bears are hostile again.... Relentless Storm vanished... okay np i said to myself... charm the Bears again... summon something... move out... but... sure... the combat ended again with the Ogres only some meters away... everyone aggros me again... plz... this is so lame. Tomorrow you will all die! :banghead:

Edited by Harpagornis

Bugs all the way. And Nalrend joins the bug party too. What happens if you charm the Elder Bears and try to follow up with another spell from the backline while your new bear friends keep hacking at the Ogres? Yes - the combat ends before you finish your next spell. And yes, the bears are no longer your friends and all of them attack you. You try to charm them again? Sure - no problem. Do it and you can watch the same procedure as every charm. Only chance to avoid this would be running into the Ogre group. What a great idea...

COME ON :getlost:

EDIT: Okay i tried it again - its ridiculous. I charmed the Elder Bears -> Casted Relentless Storm -> Engaged Ogre with Enraged Cat -> Recasted Charm Beast -> Killed one Ogre -> Moved back only some steps -> Casted Summon Blight so i could retreat out of vision again for rest but... yes... the combat ended again in the middle of the cast... Bears are hostile again.... Relentless Storm vanished... okay np i said to myself... charm the Bears again... summon something... move out... but... sure... the combat ended again with the Ogres only some meters away... everyone aggros me again... plz... this is so lame. Tomorrow you will all die! :banghead:

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/76050-domination-and-charm/

Posted 06 April 2015 - 02:33 AM

Jeah ;) that is so old... if you want to work with charm tanks -> use single target spells (never tested it, but it could work - if all enemies are targeting charmed enemies and you dont target them (AOE spells, summons, heals and and and dont count towards keeping the fight going...) the fight ends...) the problem made me create an account for the forum so i could post it - no answer... i posted about that problem again 8 days ago since it still suXX... this time i got an "we are looking into it" JEAHA!
If they would rework the fight detection and you could use longer AOE spells, summons - withdraw - invisibility - even if no enemy targets you and you dont get targeted (the last one is tricky, it could make the game too easy to solo for rogue) it would make soloing much better! I could summon stuff even if the enemy decides to run away while i am in recovery (2 dex and plate= no chance for my normal chanter to do anything but shoot the bow...)