try chanter after - see how weak he is before lvl 9 ;)

but heritage hill is almost done - no more fights in the tower :D

Should be smooth sailing to act 3 after (3rd main quest is only heavy kiting... its not hard at all X_x)

• Like 2

Chanter feels like a snow avalanche. Small and weak at the beginning but once its starts rolling it gets unstoppable.

I think the real problems for both - Chanter and Druid - might start somewhere in WM 1. This will get interesting! :no:

Thelynn´ss has finished Act 2 and is not far away from level 9. Hopefully i will find some time tomorrow. We will see!

• Like 1

Chanter feels like a snow avalanche. Small and weak at the beginning but once its starts rolling it gets unstoppable.

I think the real problems for both - Chanter and Druid - might start somewhere in WM 1. This will get interesting! :no:

Thelynn´ss has finished Act 2 and is not far away from level 9. Hopefully i will find some time tomorrow. We will see!

One last question before I start my run:

Is respeccing allowed?

Also do you mind if I only TCS the main game and use my test character to finish WM 1+2?

respeccing isnt allowed (sadly - else i would do it once i am lvl 9)

concerning TCS: since its additional i for one dont mind that at all - i'd love to know how you do (and please no alt+f4 :x): chaed nua (my way isnt TCS material - not for a first try at least, maybe if you time it right you can get to 90%+), the man who waits (same) and the bear cave (i RNGd that one with a few tries - overleveled of course - if you do it after lvl 9 - ok, thats a way^^)

Build to last is another quest i'd love an answer to - i havent tried it yet because i just dont see a way to win that fight X_x (i'd love to do the +2DR quest, however it just doesnt look doable... overleveling looks like it could be possible, but i'd have to be at least lvl 9 - dont know if i can do bounties, without them it doesnt look like i can get to lvl 9 before the choice)

on a sidenote - i tested if the cipher could be a fun novice suffering class (very high base damage weapon gets quite nice damage amplification with multipliers) however... it suxx - the +20% (+40%) gets applied BEFORE novice suffering - making for a ridiculous +1 (+2) damage (had hoped for scaling up to +8 damage)... with that the cipher looks like a class that would struggle a LOT in naked play - no good methods against hard encounters (charm enemies - only to have no good way to keep the fight going...) and should be bad for clearspeed - i would have tested a bit if you would get good melee damage... but its not enough... maybe high level you have some tools, but other classes can do better - the trademark "high weapon damage" is gone... (hey - see me lacking patience? I dont wanna kill the troll in cliabaln rilag since it takes me forever - so i try cipher^^)

• Like 1

i havent played wm2 yet - so i dont know^^ wm1 will be hard enough - all the damn CC -.- monk would have so much more ways to deal with them (and enough movementspeed to splitpull them) damn, will start a monk run later - when i am done trying to kill the menpwgra - WTF - what the... i killed almost the whole group one after the other - now only one pwgra and the menpwgra are left - WOW 10 tries later... still both left... okay, i need better RNG -.-

If you manage to TCS the main game with a naked Chanter i would be quite impressed Raven. Try it! :yes:

Yeah, the Monk would be my next choice too but after playing the Ascetic Monk i would say: Durgan Battery last level could be the end.

It took me hours to find a way through the last unavoidable Ghost Ambush - without scrolls it seemed impossible. We will see...

I hope that i will find time for the Druid today - Act 3 is still waiting...

If we all fail somewhere in WM 1 or 2 - thats part of the plan. The journey is the reward!

Edited by Harpagornis
  • Like 1

If you manage to TCS the main game with a naked Chanter i would be quite impressed Raven. Try it! :yes:

Yeah, the Monk would be my next choice too but after playing the Ascetic Monk i would say: Durgan Battery last level could be the end.

It took me hours to find a way through the last unavoidable Ghost Ambush - without scrolls it seemed impossible. We will see...

I hope that i will find time for the Druid today - Act 3 is still waiting...

If we all fail somewhere in WM 1 or 2 - thats part of the plan. The journey is the reward!

I feel no respec will be the main reason for failing.^^

I don't mind the challenge but I somehow overlooked at first that you forbid respeccs and planned my whole build around respecs.^^

Chanter is strong - they said

Let me tell you a Story about a poor little Chanter, he may not be the most perceptive one - maybe thats why he he runs around nude - he doesnt have the biggest resolve and cant abstain - in short, he is a Pervert. Said Pervert just wanted a little fun... a Maid told him to go to the 2nd level of Cliaban Rilag - she would wait for him there... so, with great haste he made his way - only to be blocked by a troll - no problem he thought, what do i have my 2 fists for? Together with my trusted phantom... - cliaban Rilag 1, Pervert 0 - with my trusted phantom... 2:0 - PHANTOM 3:0, okay... only phantom - one disengage because too little space too many later - 4:0... okay - maybe... GO my not so trusted wurms! - 18 Wurms later

4:1 - and Pervert starts on his way to the Maid again. Some slimes to turn the mood in the right direction later - even some corrupted Druids where no problem - until the fatefull encounter, they would meet many times - but the Pervert didnt like that sorta game with Bees and the Blights were no good partners for a threesome either - but everytime he wanted to change the rules? His partner simply left him! What outrage - what cunning! Until the one lucky time where the Bees decided to play with Mr Phantom - leaving Pervert room to smoke once - and finish the work right after - the Blight was just good enough after that - 16:2

Foreplay over - the Maid shall wait no more - his lack of perception is rather... stunning i'd say... didnt he learn that the worst is still to come? After the Party - heres Mr Stalker - he really likes to run straight to you:

a4aj2cye.jpg

(For those that dont know: the Sporeling is in the room where the exit is - i killed it next to the entrance)

Pervert that he is - he isnt against watching others play around - so he called his friend - Mr Phantom - since he isnt into Mr Stalker - he doesnt want to lie down for others! The other time it worked just fine - a little workout with his fists and the Sporeling was fully finished - but not this time - this time Mr Sporeling has evolved - now he is Mr Stalker and he had his eyes on the Prize; fully ignoring Mr Phantom he walked right towards the Pervert - the Pervert could run - he could have used his full speed, not his lazy walk while singing a Song - a Song that shatters your eardrums - but would Mr Sporeling play with Mr Phantom then? Who knows - the lack of Perception may have had to do with his decision - so the Pervert ran - calling up on the mighty help of Mr Wurms - they were many and they were big - surely Mr Stalker wouldnt ignore them too? Surely - with no way left the Pervert could wait a bit and watch them play - yes, but only a moment - a short moment after Mr Wurms blocked the way - Mr Stalker had exhausted the first Wurm! Oh no - back to running - the Pervert really didnt like that game at all - and he looked - there were many many Stalkers left... but it is one hell of a Maid! She is 70 with a wrinkled face and oh she is round! What a delight it will be!

So some may say the Pervert has a big resolve - and i may accept it - but his resolve... is his lack of resistance, show him another Maid and he will stray from the path he decided on!

So the Pervert vouches: We are many! If one falls another shall take his place - you cant stop us - the Maid will get her due - THE PERVERT WILL GET THE OLD MAID!!!!!!!!!! (Jeah - he may have misunderstood the rules of the game... but as i said - lack of perception is really hard to overcome!)

Edited by Reent
  • Like 2

And jeah - there are better ways you can kill the sporelings - i didnt have the caed nua resting bonus anymore and didnt realise it - thats why they were as fast as me, the beginning went badly and thats why i had to kite him so far^^

The others will fall much much faster - but i still dont know if i will manage the confuse/charm enemies in a timeframe thats not - over the top X_x

Another question:

Is it allowed to use items which appear to be bugged, but haven't been fixed even tho they were in the game since WM1 came out?

(I'm looking at you oh cloak of constant invisibility. :p

wait wait wait - i think i missed something here :D

3. Naked: Don't use any items or equipment.

We shall walk naked - no cloth is good enough for us - no weapon shiny enough - nothing shall taint our holy body! No drugs no food! NO CLOAK!

All hail the Nudist!

Another question:

Is it allowed to use items which appear to be bugged, but haven't been fixed even tho they were in the game since WM1 came out?

(I'm looking at you oh cloak of constant invisibility. :p

wait wait wait - i think i missed something here :D

3. Naked: Don't use any items or equipment.

We shall walk naked - no cloth is good enough for us - no weapon shiny enough - nothing shall taint our holy body! No drugs no food! NO CLOAK!

All hail the Nudist!

How did you read that the second after I posted I edited my post.^^

join the f5 sect ;)

no - i have 2 monitors and the thing i am doing is on one - the 2nd monitor is for streams - chats - data - what is just need... and there is no stream, no chat and nothing i need right now, so i have the pillars character build forum open, with "reload every" active ;)

• Like 1

I am still waiting for the point where Reents Chanter will post every minute: I finished Stalwart... five minutes later... and Redwood too... and half an hour later.... well, WM 1 is finished. :biggrin:

In the meanwhile my druid will humble and post: DAMN i died the 509th time to this =)!$T))("%!V!H Lagufaeth!!! I cant go any further... its over.... Druids are SH...... and so on... :devil:

• Like 1

hey - i finished act 2 - not really, i can finish it whenever, still trying the quests i didnt try before so i can get some more exp - am at the start of lvl 8, just took envenomed strike - god that should help since i dont play ironman :D

BUT! I hate myself :x i took the thief side because its the only one i could do atm - maybe the dozens quest would be possible too, i dont know, i did the dozens one time, maybe 1-3 weeks after game release, never did it again, the bonus is just too weak X_x.

And i know that i wont be able to rush wm1, 1 movementspeed would have to be stronger than all of my items combined (-1 movementspeed from armor - i tried that once and it didnt make the lagufaeth splitbullable^^) stalwart could be rushable... will see (i did stalwart with a bow in hand and no armor as a lvl 6 chanter, i was no moon godlike^^ - tried to get the soulbound bow... but i couldnt muster the persistence to kite 4 ice trolls and some ice blights or something to death, else i would have gotten it)

• Like 1

Great stuff Reent - i believe in your Chanter! :yes:

Taking Envenomed Strike looks crazy at first glance but - okay - i can see the logic behind. How often are you fighting with your fists?

Thelynn´s has reached level 9 and now its the big question: Which God to choose? Hylea (+1 Per) is quite easy. Or better Rymrgand (+1 Con).

WIll also take some time to solve the skipped quests and maybe do some bounties. WM 1 can wait. We have all the time in the world.

• Like 1

With my fists? Let me tell you something: EVERY TIME - at least in fights that dont take forever and ever - i almost killed the dweller, how? I will tell you how! I started the fight, ran like a berserker over the whole map - aggroing the whole map - and i started summoning on cooldown - trying to leave the bounty enemies behind (not the dweller) i lost aggro on the dweller 3 times, but then! THEN!!! I got it back - without anyone else coming after me (dying summons and only dweller near me was the key) - after that i used the triangle of death - dealing about 1.5-3 damage per salve from the wurms (please check the attackspeed - its very very slow) - i was greedy since the dweller never aggroed onto me, only onto my summons and tried to get some DPS with come come - but then - the dweller was running towards a wurm... as a feint - he aggroed onto me and got the attack in and i was stuck... shortly after i was dead - about 20 mins of hard work down the drain... i tried the drakes too - managed to get the chief alone - again with tricks - only that he started using his healing spell all the time (wtf? doesnt he have a limited amount? :(  ) - i tried out DPSing the healing with my fists... but he aggroed onto me and killed me...

Sly Cyrdel - ended up dead with the trick i tried against the dweller - only the enemies didnt chase as much... after some tries (where i killed the enemies that did follow alone with envenomed strike rather quickly (were the ones with low fort)) i got him alone, took me 10 mins or so to take him down... jeah, envenomed strike is a big help... it made me clear the spider cave very easy - i am thinking about using it in my normal build, i have problems generating bodys in that cave without massive figurine spam, every envenomed strike is a possible body (and i have more ACC then)

The damage my Fists put out outdamage everything my chanter kit gives me - good class good class! (okay, thats only with splitpulling and when the enemy isnt too strong or has aggro problems so i cant melee him)

I had many fights today where the wurms killed the enemies alone - with either 1 or 2 damage per graze, about 3-8 damage per hit or something like that... i feel like raging a bit X_x

But the chanter can deal with stuff xD

Onto the good news: 306 EP until lvl 9, so doing the main quest now LVL 9 HERE I COME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

So guys I decided to make a testrun today with the chanter.

Got level 4 - bear, Raedric, Aufra still open and decided to have a look at Caed Nua.

I have to say this is not for me. Too tedious.

Also very difficult, but what mainly makes it not for me is the tediousness.

Big respect to y'all who are continuing this and BIG thumps up for Reent for being op very soon. :D

it is as i predicted... my low ACC is holding me back from reaching my final form - 51 ACC is just BAD - normally i play with 1h no shield (chants get +12 acc for that), with 15 base perception and buff it... so 78 ACC normally - i am weeping inside :x

However everything else is higher prio - with less dex i wouldnt have managed heritage hill (lvl 7 you can get your new phantom out a moment after the old one ends - the enemies dont move in that time window - however with less dex your cast time and your recovery would be higher, so you shouldnt get it out fast enough... maybe i will test it... test how much of a difference it makes... if its only about 0.1 secs (maybe as much as 0.2 or o.3)... i could still manage it... any more and... not so much - then i would just loose the way i did heritage hill tower, would need a new strategy...

less con is a no go (thats a no brainer - i need to survive the first salve - i'd rather have even more)... less int is the one point i could have done - but not enough to make a difference with perception, the int is needed now...  less might would be possible, however i would have needed much longer for the phantoms and the spiders - longer times for spiders is a no go... but its still the only stat i think i could lower X_x

Dweller down - so easy with the chant xD just have to play safe if they hobble me :D

okay... its not really the right thread - but wow, this is interesting for me and my character!

I just tested the effect dex has on the chanter - and its funny... really!

so... i used 4 (5) characters (one was just a testgroup if the talent for 2 weapon attackspeed would make a difference - it doesnt so i wont mention him again), one with 19 dex no armor, one with 19 dex and a plate, one with 4 dex no armor and one with 4 dex and plate.

the result: all characters start summoning the first phantom at the same time (go figure^^) however the 19 dex group needs the same time to summon them (until THEY can do something - however ALL phantoms get summoned at the same time - despite the fact that not all characters can act the moment the phantom arrives, the 19 dex group can act immediatly - no matter if with or without plate - difference in speed is after the cast and only for the delay before you start chanting again - the difference is not big, maybe as big as 0.2 secs or something...) the 4 dex character has a pretty big delay - the 19 dex group moves almost the full base chant AOE radius before the 4 dex group does.

However! The 4 dex no plate character has the same delay for his chants as the 19 dex plate character has - so the only difference is the movement - the faster you can move again the better you can kite when the enemies are hot on your tail.

I dont know - looks like i could get away with 4 dex... in heritage hill it wouldnt be a real problem - i think - but its the small things that count, i did play with fast movement after summon up to now, i will look if its necessary from now on. Maybe i did the wrong thing (i know that i wouldnt be able to kill the xaurip skirmisher the same way i did if i had only 4 dex - thats for sure^^)

(4dex and plate... looks like the delay works multiplicative, since the difference to everything else was HUGE)

Edited by Reent

Hmmmm... interesting stuff... but... if you could get away with 4 Dex and push Per higher.... *cough*... restart... or going it till the end?

One thing i know for sure: 4 Dex would kill my Druid. As the Druids in Galawains Maw. I hate enemy druids... so much CC and Damage... its not fair.

Oh, and never try a fair 1vs1 while both are shifted... they kill me in two or three hits... so i am playing it unfair... CC them first,  then claw them down! :biggrin:

And dont worry about posting stuff like this Reent. Everything around the chars... tactics, statistics, raging... everything matters and will push us farer! :yes:

Edited by Harpagornis
  • Like 1

i dont know if i would get away with 4 dex the around 1 sec less movement can be kinda bad - since you have to position your stuff 2 secs in the future, not 1 sec... i wont restart now^^

the dex can be handy later on - maybe

Edited by Reent

dunno what to take - dragons with my ACC?  *Shudder* i dont think i can get that one without fight (i have to tell you one thing: i have never ever completed any other god quest but the dragon - almost always it ended with a dead dragon^^)

hmmm... i think the dragon will die^^ but lore -.-

to acc: if i could somehow use the 1h no shield bonus i would go for perception, however "only" 15 more doesnt look like it would push me over the edge sure, the damage plus would be huge... but... i dont know, the fast walk is huge too :x if the difference would be like plate - it takes longer but you can act at the same time - i would do it in a heartbeat... maybe even give up all the time i already spent in this run...

maybe i will try it after the run is over (i dont think it will take forever - wm1 has too much range)

This run is showing me quite some good things, i will take much into my ironman runs (some quests were easy after i thought about them for a while - now i can do some much quicker^^)

I didnt expect to last even this long xD